Default Tenacious Defense not working?

hey there, ive just rolled my recond tabaxi iconic with one monk 14(+) paladin, wearing heavy armor and sos - but i dont get the competence 25%hp comp bonus.

reset all my trees to zero several times, tetrised with equipment but i only get the +6con from hardy defense not the hp

any ideas or knwoledge about this?

gz Yvo
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

***Ghallanda Rerolled*** *Yvonnel-1* "Peinlicher" Sylestria-1 Jarlaxle-1 Sammaster-1 Zapp-1
    formerly Dorn / Devourer - EU

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Take a look at your tier 5's. In the last update a lot of classes got a competence bonus to hit points added there.

Paladins get it in knight of the chalice from vigor of life so if you took that enhancement it won't stack with tenacious defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Take a look at your tier 5's. In the last update a lot of classes got a competence bonus to hit points added there.

Paladins get it in knight of the chalice from vigor of life so if you took that enhancement it won't stack with tenacious defense.

Need to check after work but as far as ive seen last night i had no comp hp bonus from elsewhere
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

***Ghallanda Rerolled*** *Yvonnel-1* "Peinlicher" Sylestria-1 Jarlaxle-1 Sammaster-1 Zapp-1
    formerly Dorn / Devourer - EU

Community Member

While I don't have Tenacious Defense, I noticed something perhaps related. I picked up Vigor of Life's second rank and found my HP didn't really increase as much as I thought it would. I checked my combat log, and it says I already have something giving a Competence Bonus to HP, but I cannot figure out what it is for the life of me.

Code:
    (Effects): You benefit from your HP Percentage Bonus.
    (Effects): --- Competence modifier to Maximum Hit Points: +15%
    You have multiple effects granting a Competence bonus to Maximum Hit Points that do not stack. ( HP Percentage Bonus and Paladin Positive Healing Amplification )
    Edit - Added more from my combat log. I can't figure out where this "HP Percentage Bonus" of 15% is coming from.
    Last edited by Janus-SOK; 01-23-2023 at 06:15 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Janus-SOK View Post
    I can't figure out where this "HP Percentage Bonus" of 15% is coming from.
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_57_R...tes#Hit_Points

Chemical Body (Vile Chemist), Improved Knight's Transformation (Eldritch Knight), and the second rank of Tenacious Defense appear to be the three things which give exactly +15% Competence HPs.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_57_R...tes#Hit_Points

Chemical Body (Vile Chemist), Improved Knight's Transformation (Eldritch Knight), and the second rank of Tenacious Defense appear to be the three things which give exactly +15% Competence HPs.
    Well the weird part is I don't have Tenacious Defense at all. I have Strong Defense 3/3 though.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Janus-SOK View Post
    Well the weird part is I don't have Tenacious Defense at all. I have Strong Defense 3/3 though.
    I was about to suggest that maybe it's bugged but...bugs in DDO? That unpossible!
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel-1 View Post
    hey there, ive just rolled my recond tabaxi iconic with one monk 14(+) paladin, wearing heavy armor and sos - but i dont get the competence 25%hp comp bonus.

reset all my trees to zero several times, tetrised with equipment but i only get the +6con from hardy defense not the hp

any ideas or knwoledge about this?

gz Yvo
    i had the same question. i followed unbongwah's advice and found:
    tenacious defense: .... competence bonus to hp
    brutal impact (vanguard tier 5) .... competence bonus to hp

so thats why its not working for me. they dont stack
    bummer.
    Yndrofian
    Officer of the
    Order of the Silver Dragon
    Argonnessen