Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Lightbulb

[list][*]An Archetype is listed under the Warlock UI but is not ready for feedback or usage on Lamannia in Preview 1.

^^ I hope it is hexblade . something that can ably debuffs via mellee and gets a crit multiper increase like other mellee classes

Community Member

I know you all dont have Warlock yet , the notes that is. But I did make one to look at their tree and their granted feats. I do hope that Howl of Terror is something that Fiend Archtype gets. PLease add it , if its not.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shmagmhar View Post
    [list][*]An Archetype is listed under the Warlock UI but is not ready for feedback or usage on Lamannia in Preview 1.

^^ I hope it is hexblade . something that can ably debuffs via mellee and gets a crit multiper increase like other mellee classes
    You can make one now and look at its tree. Fiend Archetype.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Yeah, a better balance is good. It was just the disappointment that it looked like Warlocks were getting a little long overdue buff but when the math is checked Cone warlocks aren't included. Not a big deal but worth noting in case SSG was really trying to boost all 'locks.
    I mean there's the feats Tanky linked earlier, giving ya some options if you're just there for Eldritch Cone damage?

For reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
    Everyone bellyaching about Eldritch Blast nerfs is too busy arcmchair quarterbacking rather than taking the time to actually poke around on Lamannia.

-Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by shmagmhar View Post

No, its not hexblade. I made one last night and level her to 20. Its Acolyte of the Skin.

Its buggy as hell, no pun intended.

There are no acolyte of the skin true fiend pact spells,
    and the beam shape isn't working.
    Last edited by Tyrande; 01-20-2023 at 06:16 AM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Default Uncomfortable

I was told there would be grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Altitus Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Josielynn View Post
    Warlock: The level 15 Warlock Pact Special abilities now scale as if they were spells and are modified by bonus Spell DCs.

Will someone explain what this means? Like how it is currently vs. how this change affects it? Is it a plus or minus?
    Currently the DCs of those abilities don't scale with any "DC" boosting items. So you get this really great DC to start, and then it never scales up enough to be useful in the endgame. In theory with this, they will have a spell category (say Necromancy) and then your +necromancy DC boosters, plus sacred/profane/etc would boost the dc of these abilities to continually make them useful. A great example would be hurl through hell which is a great instakill level 15 ability for fiend warlocks, but becomes less and less useful the higher level you get.

Community Member Peter_Principle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I mean there's the feats Tanky linked earlier, giving ya some options if you're just there for Eldritch Cone damage?

For reference:
    Are those real, though? I leveled up a transfered warlock from 12-20 last night, saw neither hide nor hair of any of those three feats.
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Principle View Post
    Are those real, though? I leveled up a transfered warlock from 12-20 last night, saw neither hide nor hair of any of those three feats.
    I saw the feats on my new Acolyte Warlock, but it seems its only for Acolyte of the Skin archetype?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Default Right direction

[*]The Destiny Feat Spirit Blades now has a faster casting time, faster projectile speed, and better homing.

Spirit Blades needed some love. The poor spell is unlocked at level 28 and is overshadowed by the destiny spells, ruin and greater ruin. At times too spells like arcane tempest even outclassed it. With Spirit Blades being only available at like lvl 28 it definitely need a buff. It probably needs more than this though. 10d6 pierce and 5d6 force 5x is what the spell does now, that is certainly not bad but I think to be considered good, and used in builds alongside stuff like ruin and greater ruin a bit more damage should be added as well. Maybe another 1-3 blades, or just increasing it's dice.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    I saw the feats on my new Acolyte Warlock, but it seems its only for Acolyte of the Skin archetype?
    I was unable to see them on either type of warlock. Maybe we'll get some more info when acolyte of the skin releases on lamannia
    Last edited by Maelodic; 01-20-2023 at 04:05 PM.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Community Member

If you guys want some testing, you all should open the Lammania servers on a Friday, and let the open all the way until the Following Sunday evening. This way you get two full weekends of testing for those people who work through the week and can play through the week. 9 Full days of testing, and 2 weekends. I didnt really have much time to try anything. Remember it takes time to mess around with different builds, leveling up, reincarnating to test other aspects of new builds with new archtypes. Just not enough time. Im sure the community isnt going to be in an uproar to make sure new stuff isnt released plagued with bugs at the cost of 9 days of testing.

Community Member

No, its not hexblade. I made one last night and level her to 20. Its Acolyte of the Skin.

Its buggy as hell, no pun intended.

There are no acolyte of the skin true fiend pact spells,
    and the beam shape isn't working.
    The reading the beams makes it sound like its a continuous beam or something coming form your eyes.. That would be cool, something like HomeLander from " The Boys"

Community Member Peter_Principle's Avatar

It would be nice if they're meant to be for all warlocks, and just aren't implemented yet.

I do notice that on the images, the prereqs are only having eldritch blast or the prior feat, and a particular character level, and not also "Acolyte of the Skin". So, I'm hopeful.
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.

Community Member

Default Archetypes are ok but won´t fix the game.

And we all know the game needs fixing. I paid for many expansions and can´t play them at a whole cause:

isle of the dread on "The Stone Crypt Chronicle" my fps goes to 20/25 when it´s on the outside area. On the inside areas it goes back to normal at 60 cap. Maybe would be a good place for developers to know cause it may be the lack of a driver optmization.

Feywild still have map issues inside quests.

Saltmarsh still have the Sea Elf bug in the longest quest and makes completion impossible 20% of the time.

Sharn - quest 1 part 2, think it is no refunds: crazy fractal random images. Sometimes reseting the client fix it. Anyways slows the group down and takes the fun out of the game.

So these are things that really need the fix and players paid premium for it but received a sub par product. How do you expect people to keep giving money to DDO if DDO don´t deliver the basic that people paid for??

Community Member

Default Attention players:

Attention players:

Lamannia server is closed until preview 2. Thanks for the previewing (testing) and feedback everyone!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blarhblarhblarh View Post
    And we all know the game needs fixing. I paid for many expansions and can´t play them at a whole cause:

isle of the dread on "The Stone Crypt Chronicle" my fps goes to 20/25 when it´s on the outside area. On the inside areas it goes back to normal at 60 cap. Maybe would be a good place for developers to know cause it may be the lack of a driver optmization.

Feywild still have map issues inside quests.

Saltmarsh still have the Sea Elf bug in the longest quest and makes completion impossible 20% of the time.

Sharn - quest 1 part 2, think it is no refunds: crazy fractal random images. Sometimes reseting the client fix it. Anyways slows the group down and takes the fun out of the game.

So these are things that really need the fix and players paid premium for it but received a sub par product. How do you expect people to keep giving money to DDO if DDO don´t deliver the basic that people paid for??
    I know you are primarily venting and asking for developer help, but what are your system specifications?

I only ask because it seems weird because I'm running an 11 year old computer with the graphics settings all the way turned up and have no problems. There are known issues with the 64-bit client, and if my worn out memory still serves me I recall replacing my Nvidia Graphics cards with radeons and I think it may have been because DDO had issues with Nvidia??? not sure on that.

Here's my basic system specs for you to compare, just in case it's the tiniest bit of helpful.

I7-3820 3.60 ghz cpu
    16 GB 1600 hz ram
    dual radeon HD 6870s
    running Windows 10

I wish you luck, in getting those things resolved because it's not just an issue or two, it's many, and that would be very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by cmecu View Post
    The reading the beams makes it sound like its a continuous beam or something coming form your eyes.. That would be cool, something like HomeLander from " The Boys"
    So something like Lo Pan?

Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    I know you are primarily venting and asking for developer help, but what are your system specifications?

I only ask because it seems weird because I'm running an 11 year old computer with the graphics settings all the way turned up and have no problems. There are known issues with the 64-bit client, and if my worn out memory still serves me I recall replacing my Nvidia Graphics cards with radeons and I think it may have been because DDO had issues with Nvidia??? not sure on that.

Here's my basic system specs for you to compare, just in case it's the tiniest bit of helpful.

I7-3820 3.60 ghz cpu
    16 GB 1600 hz ram
    dual radeon HD 6870s
    running Windows 10

I wish you luck, in getting those things resolved because it's not just an issue or two, it's many, and that would be very frustrating.
    I have a pretty good pc, gtx 3070ti, and no refunds gives me that messed up fractal **** fairly often as well. I had something similar happen when I was setting up skyrim on this PC, and found out it had to do with the fps not syncing up with my monitor. Was able to iron that out with settings/mods.

With DDO it's weird because it's only EVER happened in no refunds.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post

For reference:
    I really hope these are not feats, just granted abilities. I mean, just how many feats are they going to have for a class without any bonus feats to make their main class feature better. They already feat tax eldritch blast twice in epic, now they want us to take 3 more during heroic?

At this point, they would be better off just allowing metamagic feats to apply to blast damage and be done with it.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast