Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    The wiki does not mention the Eye augment. Are they other augments from U57 that I may have missed? Maybe even a list?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_57_named_items
    Augment list now added.

Quote Originally Posted by XXThermitexX View Post
    Here's my current Fire Sorc Setup!

https://imgur.com/Saso68v

https://imgur.com/DuNnOiJ

I want to swap my boots to the Lightning Boots for maxed out lightning spells until I have enough Racial Points to get Infernal Sovereign in the Tiefling Racial Tree.
    Interesting setup, thanks for sharing. Definitely some differences to my setup with pros and cons. You missed showing the Fire ring but I assume that has Deathblock and maybe Vitality for augments.

Overall your setup is much better for force and electric nuking and has more spell points and fortification while mine has two Dino weapon procs instead of just one, Dripping Magma, FoM, better DC by ~3, Spell Saves and higher HP/PRR. You also have better cold nuking but I dont get the impression you use that.

I do have some questions after comparing the two setups in detail - hopefully I will learn something new

a) Why the orb rather than a 2nd weapon? I have Ash in main hand and swap Affirmation/Ooze/Vuln in offhand. Using the orb you only get the one effect at a time. Couldnt you use the Dino armor for the exceptional spell crit/power and use a weapon offhand? Its not like the named armor is good unless you somehow value the spell resistance.

b) Which CL9 spells do you take? I take Meteor Swarm, Mass Hold and Wail. I assume you swap Wail for Thunderstroke.

c) No Dino acid dot? Isnt that stronger than the curse, or do you need the curse for marking mobs?

d) Why the GH augment rather than just buff GH? You could use a +2 ench DC augment instead or a piece PRR augment set. Overall your DC appear to be 3 lower than mine (+5 rather than +6 and no +2 augs).

e) Why the +temp hp augs? They seem to add pretty few temp hp considering the chance to proc. Do you find those better than a 3 set prr augments or +2 dc to evoc/necro for example?

f) Why the +7 Cha skills augment?

g) Why the Petrification immunity augment? Where do you find yourself being petrified?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Augment list now added.
    Thank you, your effort is greatly appreciated.

Updated the setup in the OP.

Now I am pondering if I should
    - change the 15 cha and heal amp to 30% force crit damage on the Dino stuff
    - drop draconic and vitality augments
    - add 14 cha and healing amp augments

The extra force crit damage on ruins would be very nice for sure. Probably I will if my cha ends up uneven with the 15 cha effect so I need to run the numbers. If there is no DC loss the loss of draconic and vitality (or another augment) seems worthwhile for the extra force crit damage for Ruins.

So many choices
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-18-2023 at 03:26 AM.

Community Member

Interesting setup, thanks for sharing. Definitely some differences to my setup with pros and cons. You missed showing the Fire ring but I assume that has Deathblock and maybe Vitality for augments.

Overall your setup is much better for force and electric nuking and has more spell points and fortification while mine has two Dino weapon procs instead of just one, Dripping Magma, FoM, better DC by ~3, Spell Saves and higher HP/PRR. You also have better cold nuking but I dont get the impression you use that.

I do have some questions after comparing the two setups in detail - hopefully I will learn something new

a) Why the orb rather than a 2nd weapon? I have Ash in main hand and swap Affirmation/Ooze/Vuln in offhand. Using the orb you only get the one effect at a time. Couldnt you use the Dino armor for the exceptional spell crit/power and use a weapon offhand? Its not like the named armor is good unless you somehow value the spell resistance.

I use the Tiefling enhancement for orbs added value to universal spell power, the 14 con saves me an augment slot, the insightful fortification is nice and I do find the 58 spell pen still helpful in end game content. Also, I had both armors but found this to be my best placement for the exceptional spell power for me. I swap out the orb long enough to get the gold curse from Selas’ Volatile Mixture and swap back to the Dino Orb. Also, once I have Affirmation up, I do swap to another Dino dagger set up with Acid / Icehorn to help freeze trash. (Along with Dragonform Gold curse)

b) Which CL9 spells do you take? I take Meteor Swarm, Mass Hold and Wail. I assume you swap Wail for Thunderstroke.

I do indeed have Thunderstroke instead of WotB.
    I do not keep FOD either since I find my Phantasmal Killer works efficiently enough with use of the Feydark Illusionist tree.

c) No Dino acid dot? Isnt that stronger than the curse, or do you need the curse for marking mobs?

I do use the curse for marking and swap daggers as described above.

d) Why the GH augment rather than just buff GH? You could use a +2 ench DC augment instead or a piece PRR augment set. Overall your DC appear to be 3 lower than mine (+5 rather than +6 and no +2 augs).

I love the permanent GH and saves me a spell slot. Mainly a quality of life decision. Also, I hadn’t paid attention to the +2 spell school augments but I’ll have an updated setup when I log on after work today!

e) Why the +temp hp augs? They seem to add pretty few temp hp considering the chance to proc. Do you find those better than a 3 set prr augments or +2 dc to evoc/necro for example?

I’ve found my temp hp over +1800 on occasion, helping me take 3,500+ damage to the face. The more items means more chances! (If I could have 2 minor artifacts, I’d make a perfected Torq for mummies curse for an additional source!)

f) Why the +7 Cha skills augment?

Taking a look again later today.

g) Why the Petrification immunity augment? Where do you find yourself being petrified?

Same as above. There may be changes! I’ll keep you posted.
    Answers above!
    Last edited by XXThermitexX; 01-19-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Answers above!
    Cheers, thanks for the replies.

Community Member

So, I was curious when I saw that you did not slot force lore, and grew more so when you said that it would only help your ruins. Then I looked on wiki and saw that it thought that meteor swarm doesn't benefit from force lore. So I tested on lammania, and updated the wiki.

Meteor swarm's fire damage is almost certainly affected by fire lore, and its bludgeoning damage is almost certainly affected by force lore.

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    So, I was curious when I saw that you did not slot force lore, and grew more so when you said that it would only help your ruins. Then I looked on wiki and saw that it thought that meteor swarm doesn't benefit from force lore. So I tested on lammania, and updated the wiki.

Meteor swarm's fire damage is almost certainly affected by fire lore, and its bludgeoning damage is almost certainly affected by force lore.
    Ïnteresting. Would you mind posting your exact test data? I would be very interested in seeing those.

Community Member

I wasn't super rigorous. I basically cast meteor on one of the dps boss kobolds over and over, and counted how many fire crits, and how many bludgeoning crits. With ~30 fire crit chance and 11 force I counted about 30 fire crits and 12 blunt. With ~ 30 each crit chance, I counted about 20 of each crit. I should probably do it again and actually record it, but won't have time before lamma goes down. Maybe when it goes back up.

Keep in mind, the forum posts the wiki article referred to as proof were from 2012 and 2013 and had even less data than I just posted.
    Last edited by peng; 01-20-2023 at 07:41 AM.

Community Member

Answers above!
    Here’s an update after some thought and moving around some augments.

https://imgur.com/CgCfHX2

https://imgur.com/R5N4oYu

https://imgur.com/oKzTBj8

Better DC’s with few losses. Also, sticking to 2 Dino weapons after some consideration. Thanks for the thread!

Community Member

Well i made below post and then i thought you will never give up dripping with magma. But now that i made it i am gonna post it anyway:

If you are willing to give up dripping with magma here is the gear i am currently using on my druid to get cold/force/lightning. It can easily be changed to any 2 elemental damage types and force and one other.

I don't actually have enough runes for the esoterica augment set so that is not included, but that is what i plan to do.
    IOD=Isle of dread
    Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist – with Esoterica augment
    Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers – with Esoterica augment
    Bracers: Legendary Kundarak Warding Bracers
    Cloak: IOD cloak - Deacon of the Auricular Sacrarium with cold/force crit muliplier and sacred/profane dc
    Gloves: IOD with wisdom 15 and lightning crit muliplier and sacred/profane dc
    Goggles: Attunement’s Gaze – with Esoterica augment
    Helm: IOD helm with reaper bonus - Deacon of the Auricular Sacrarium. with cold/force crit muliplier and sacred/profane dc
    Necklace: Legendary Pendant of the Azure Sea
    Ring 1: Bound elemental ring of frost
    Ring 2: Bound elemental ring lightning
    Trinket: Gem of many facets with Wards of House Kundarak and CC acid lore and spell power??? ins physical sheltering
    Armor: Legendary IOD Robe from raids with exceptional crit chance to spells and Deacon of the Auricular Sacrarium set bonus
    Main hand: IOD kama with spell pen and exceptional wisdom and tar oozes
    Off hand: legendary alchemical kama with force lore+spellpower, alchemical wisdom and improved cold augmentation
    Quiver: epic quiver of alacrity – has stealth strike

You will be loosing 3 artifact char and dripping with magma but should get your fire crit chance to 76. also opens up for having up to 3 dino things with spell crit multiplier. also gets 15% ac and 30 mrr cap. your force crit chance with this build should be around 46. This can be raised with biting sands set item.

I get you need to change a few things but maybe it can give you some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Well i made below post and then i thought you will never give up dripping with magma. But now that i made it i am gonna post it anyway:

If you are willing to give up dripping with magma here is the gear i am currently using on my druid to get cold/force/lightning. It can easily be changed to any 2 elemental damage types and force and one other.

You will be loosing 3 artifact char and dripping with magma but should get your fire crit chance to 76. also opens up for having up to 3 dino things with spell crit multiplier. also gets 15% ac and 30 mrr cap. your force crit chance with this build should be around 46. This can be raised with biting sands set item.

I get you need to change a few things but maybe it can give you some ideas.
    There is no doubt that a great set without dripping can be made - using the dino armor (exceptional crit and spell power), dino helm (can fit 35% crit damge force) and named cloak (+3 ins SF) and thus removng the need for the Clouded Dreams ring.

As for weapons I vastly prefer 2 Attuned to have both Ash and a swap of Affirmation/Ooze/Vuln.

However, a few things apart from Dripping also makes me personally prefer the setup I made. I already have +reaper stats on the Elders Helm so I prefer using that for a bit longer and going for the 3 piece dino set bonus means using the Elder Necklace instead thus having to spend 75 reaper shards on a new helm. Also, the double effect GMoF gives med 30 prr and 6% fire crit with the belt and I would need to give up that 30 prr. Finally, I would need more Dino ings for the 3 piece dino set as well and I am a bit bored with farming dino stuff but thats a minor issue.

So, its a bit of pro and cons and the pieces I already have pushed me towards the setup with the Red Dragon Armor.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-21-2023 at 03:19 AM.

Community Member

Would you mind posting your stats at all? I'm sorry if you did and might've missed them

Quote Originally Posted by Huntxrd View Post
    Would you mind posting your stats at all? I'm sorry if you did and might've missed them
    Currently on the Racial train for the last 10ish lives. Stats once I finish that and get back to a Cha based race will be:

Cha: 104, Con 68
    HP: ~2550, SP: ~6700

Saves: 77/82/60 (with evasion, dont have cha to will saves)
    PRR: 228, MRR: 100

Fire/Force/Pos spellpower: 974 / 801 / 624
    Fire/Force/Pos crit chance: 69 / 44 / 21
    Fire/Force/Pos crit mult: 100 / 50 / 40

DC Mass Hold: 112
    Meteor Swarm DC: 115
    Finger DC: 110
    Trap the Soul DC: 106
    PK DC: 101

I wish I had higher DC - they are definitely much lower than on my Bard. But its is a balance between higher DC, direct damage and other things.

This is inside reaper, all relevant PL, all relevant reaper points, no buffs, no pots, no bard song.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-31-2023 at 02:23 AM.

Community Member

Currently on the Racial train for the last 10ish lives. Stats once I finish that and get back to a Cha based race will be:

Cha: 104, Con 68
    HP: ~2550, SP: ~6700

Saves: 77/82/60 (with evasion, dont have cha to will saves)
    PRR: 228, MRR: 100

Fire/Force/Pos spellpower: 974 / 801 / 624
    Fire/Force/Pos crit chance: 69 / 44 / 21
    Fire/Force/Pos crit mult: 100 / 50 / 40

DC Mass Hold: 112
    Meteor Swarm DC: 115
    Finger DC: 110
    Trap the Soul DC: 106
    PK DC: 101

I wish I had higher DC - they are definitely much lower than on my Bard. But its is a balance between higher DC, direct damage and other things.

This is inside reaper, all relevant PL, all relevant reaper points, no buffs, no pots, no bard song.
    Interesting. I have yet to add dread stuff to my sorc and our spellpower stats are fairly the same, however my enchant/evo dcs are 2/3 higher. you have 2 more necro than me, but i have 7 more illusion. I've never tried trap the soul, just assuming 103 wasn't enough but maybe it is. Have you posted the full build anywhere?

Interesting. I have yet to add dread stuff to my sorc and our spellpower stats are fairly the same, however my enchant/evo dcs are 2/3 higher. you have 2 more necro than me, but i have 7 more illusion. I've never tried trap the soul, just assuming 103 wasn't enough but maybe it is. Have you posted the full build anywhere?
    +7 illusion is really interesting. I would love to know how to get that, so if you figure out what you have that I am missing please let me know I am posting my full build here, let me know if I missing anything. I am hopeful you might post yours as well.

I am still doing racials so I am currently on an Elf. Thats 4 cha down compared to being a Dragonborn as well as two to all stats down on being racial complationist. With that in mind I will post my stats inside reaper without any buffs except for ship buffs - as well as pictures of EDs, reaper trees and enchanments.

Feats are:
    Quicken, Maximize, Empower, Enlarge
    Wiz PL, SF Ench, GSF Ench
    Wellspring, BoGW
    ESF Ench, Embolden
    Epic Spellpower Fire, Force
    Deific Warding
    Scion of Fire
    Spell Speciality Necro (level 31)
    I might try the Ruin + GRuin route next life.

Past lives
    - Epic 42/51 missing nothing truely important apart from the extra 2 points for trees.
    - Iconic 15 (3 Aasimar, 1 BF, 3 Deep Gnome, 1 Morninglord, 3 PDK, 3 Shadar-Kai, 1 Tiefling)
    - Racial 29/42 - have +cha and +con lives.
    - Heroic 23 (1 Alch, 1 Arti, 1 Barb, 1 Bard, 1 Cleric (so missing +2 Conj DC), 1 Druid, 3 FvS, 1 Ftr, 1 Monk, 1 Pally (missing 20 HAmp), 1 Ranger, 1 Rogue, 3 Sorc, 3 Warlock, 3 Wiz)

Filigrees:
    4 Dragonsoul - Cha, Cha, Spell Power, Arcane Spell Failure (for the +4 spell power from being rare)
    4 Ottos - Cha, Cha, Con, Spell Power
    4 Raid - 4x 2 cha
    1 Embraced by Light - Cha
    1 Elemental Avatar - Fire Spell Power

So, I am missing out on the 4 piece Eye set but gaining other stuff instead. Debateable choice, I am aware.

So, missing 6 cha (3 DC), 2 other stats and 2 Conj DC (from Cleric) as the most important things. Still unsure where those extra +7 Illusion DC you have can be from. Also, I am not using Eye of the Beholder filigrees for a loss of 2 DC by choice.

Thus, I am missing 7 DC conjuration and 5 DC all.

Note to EDs. +3 Evoc, +3 Necro and +3 Ench taken.

¨

Last edited by mikarddo; 02-03-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Community Member

+7 illusion is really interesting. I would love to know how to get that, so if you figure out what you have that I am missing please let me know I am posting my full build here, let me know if I missing anything. I am hopeful you might post yours as well.

I am still doing racials so I am currently on an Elf. Thats 4 cha down compared to being a Dragonborn as well as two to all stats down on being racial complationist. With that in mind I will post my stats inside reaper without any buffs except for ship buffs - as well as pictures of EDs, reaper trees and enchanments.

Feats are:
    Quicken, Maximize, Empower, Enlarge
    Wiz PL, SF Ench, GSF Ench
    Wellspring, BoGW
    ESF Ench, Embolden
    Epic Spellpower Fire, Force
    Deific Warding
    Scion of Fire
    Spell Speciality Necro (level 31)
    I might try the Ruin + GRuin route next life.

Past lives
    - Epic 42/51 missing nothing truely important apart from the extra 2 points for trees.
    - Iconic 15 (3 Aasimar, 1 BF, 3 Deep Gnome, 1 Morninglord, 3 PDK, 3 Shadar-Kai, 1 Tiefling)
    - Racial 29/42 - have +cha and +con lives.
    - Heroic 23 (1 Alch, 1 Arti, 1 Barb, 1 Bard, 1 Cleric (so missing +2 Conj DC), 1 Druid, 3 FvS, 1 Ftr, 1 Monk, 1 Pally (missing 20 HAmp), 1 Ranger, 1 Rogue, 3 Sorc, 3 Warlock, 3 Wiz)

Filigrees:
    4 Dragonsoul - Cha, Cha, Spell Power, Arcane Spell Failure (for the +4 spell power from being rare)
    4 Ottos - Cha, Cha, Con, Spell Power
    4 Raid - 4x 2 cha
    1 Embraced by Light - Cha
    1 Elemental Avatar - Fire Spell Power

So, I am missing out on the 4 piece Eye set but gaining other stuff instead. Debateable choice, I am aware.

So, missing 6 cha (3 DC), 2 other stats and 2 Conj DC (from Cleric) as the most important things. Still unsure where those extra +7 Illusion DC you have can be from. Also, I am not using Eye of the Beholder filigrees for a loss of 2 DC by choice.

Thus, I am missing 7 DC conjuration and 5 DC all.

Note to EDs. +3 Evoc, +3 Necro and +3 Ench taken.

¨

https://imgur.com/5E3eJAm
    (have 6 points in DB for the cha cores)

https://imgur.com/ggrigQO

https://imgur.com/gNF3Ay1

https://imgur.com/ewjCFAs

I have a lot less pls, i have 2/3 cha racials done, im missing 2 wiz pls, and 1 sorc pl as meaningful ones go.

As for filis, i run 4 cha raid ones, 4 ottos, 4 eye, 1 embraced by light.

The builder says i have 106 cha, however im not sure where i gained 2 from.

As for gear:
    Head: Red Dragon - slotted spellcraft 19/20 (+2 Reaper Stats)
    Gogs: Magewrights - crafted quality int - slotted +2 evo, Diamong of The Magi
    Armor: Red Dragonhide - slotted litany, +12/14 int
    Bracers: Mystic Wrappings (Black and Blue) - slotted +2 illusion
    Ring1: Bound Ring of Lightning - slotted touch of power (set aug*), festive int
    Ring2: onyx - crafted insight cha - slotted defense 32/36
    Boots: LGS fire
    Gloves: Gloryborne - slotted con 12/14
    Belt: Myriad Pockets (Swim At Your Own Risk) - slotted pomuras, touch of power (set aug*)
    Cloak: Magewrights - crafted quality cha - slotted +50/57 hamp, +2 enchant
    Trinket: Dragons Eye - slotted touch of power (set aug*)
    Neck: Sigil of Regalport - slotted festive cha, globe, +2 necro
    Weapons: Hunt Kamas - slotted with 139/153(i think is new highest?) force sp in Demands, and 139/153 pos sp, and meridian in Desire.
    * Comes from Attunements Gaze from PN
    Also, i use swaps for affirmation and ash.

I don't build too much defensively as you can see, which can bite me at sometimes. However, i play with the best healers on my server so it isn't the biggest issue :P

I haven't played my sorc in a bit, i specifically haven't done much dread + beyond content yet (Didn't do a sorc life when doing Helf racials and i like to take a break with an iconic life every once in a while), however i don't doubt it keeps up still.

You do have 10 crit chance than i do, however i understand i dont have all the sources for it. personally with my playstyle and how i think it performs, i am happy with it none that less.

One suggestion i have, is if not using the hunt kamas or getting helpless dmg from falconry would be to slot the cruel cut set aug from The Familys Blessing from PN

Also, i use swaps for affirmation and ash.

I don't build too much defensively as you can see, which can bite me at sometimes. However, i play with the best healers on my server so it isn't the biggest issue :P

I haven't played my sorc in a bit, i specifically haven't done much dread + beyond content yet (Didn't do a sorc life when doing Helf racials and i like to take a break with an iconic life every once in a while), however i don't doubt it keeps up still.

You do have 10 crit chance than i do, however i understand i dont have all the sources for it. personally with my playstyle and how i think it performs, i am happy with it none that less.

One suggestion i have, is if not using the hunt kamas or getting helpless dmg from falconry would be to slot the cruel cut set aug from The Familys Blessing from PN
    Thank you for sharing. Always interesting to see what others do.

I dont worry much about helpless damage to be honest. Any mob that is helpless is very likely to be dead within seconds anyway. Heck, in a high dps group with a good tank I sometimes dont even bother with holds as mobs die fast even without. I often play shortman as well and/or without a healer, so I value defense a bit more. Its great that DDO offers such choices.

I dont get why you mention swapping to Ash. Doesnt Mind Tear on the Kama does the same, or am I missing something there?

Finally, I am still unsure how you can have 7 more illusion DC than I have. Could you post your exact DC for the variaous spells inside a reaper quest only with ship buffs? Maybe even a break down for your Illusion DC. Thanks

Community Member

Thank you for sharing. Always interesting to see what others do.

I dont worry much about helpless damage to be honest. Any mob that is helpless is very likely to be dead within seconds anyway. Heck, in a high dps group with a good tank I sometimes dont even bother with holds as mobs die fast even without. I often play shortman as well and/or without a healer, so I value defense a bit more. Its great that DDO offers such choices.

I dont get why you mention swapping to Ash. Doesnt Mind Tear on the Kama does the same, or am I missing something there?

Finally, I am still unsure how you can have 7 more illusion DC than I have. Could you post your exact DC for the variaous spells inside a reaper quest only with ship buffs? Maybe even a break down for your Illusion DC. Thanks
    Thats understandable, and i agree there are many routes you can go. I choose to focus more on everything but defense lol

Mind Tear from my understanding only works when you actually melee with the Kamas, which is why i have the swap. At some point I would like to ditch them whenever i may update my gear, which is why i suggested the Cruel Cut augs so i can keep the helpless dmg.

https://imgur.com/tWSKcip

https://imgur.com/xRfCSnP

Thats understandable, and i agree there are many routes you can go. I choose to focus more on everything but defense lol

Mind Tear from my understanding only works when you actually melee with the Kamas, which is why i have the swap. At some point I would like to ditch them whenever i may update my gear, which is why i suggested the Cruel Cut augs so i can keep the helpless dmg.

https://imgur.com/tWSKcip

https://imgur.com/xRfCSnP
    You are obviously correct on Mind Tear - I forgot about that. I will have to take a look at that DC breakdown and see what I am missing.

Ahh, the DC is with the +6 from temp reaper action boost? Then you are just 4 ahead of me, and 2 of those are Eye of the Beholder.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 02-04-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast