Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default U57 Fire Sorc end game gear

Here is my preferred gear setup w/ augments for a fire sorc for end game. I wish I had room for Kinetic Lore but apart from that I am very happy with the setup. I am aware that Dripping Magma does not stack with the fire dot from the mantle in Draconic, which is unfortunately, but I still prefer Dripping with Magma.

Filigrees are:
    4 Ottos, 4 Dragonsoul, 4 raid Cha, and 2 filigrees with 9 fire + 4 universal spell power each.
    Alternatively: 4 Ottos, 4 Eye, 4 raid Cha and 2 Dragonsoul.
    I am still debating that but leaning towards the better nuking from the former rather than the better DC from the latter.

For offhand I intend to make a swap item with the Tar Pit Ooze once that drops for me so I can swap between Affirmation and Ooze. Possibly also a third off hand swap item with Vulnerability.

Note that I am using a dual set bonus Gem of Many Facets. I got a really luck roll on that one.

Comments and idea are most welcome as always.

Edit: Setup slightly changed and updated based on comments. Mostly augments I had overlooked, thanks.

Last edited by mikarddo; 01-18-2023 at 02:41 AM.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Looks great.

I assume you still use draconic mantle for the cooldown reduction? And you find dripping with magma just does a lot more than the draconic dot?

Do you use the medium armor version of red dragonscale?

Community Member

Hi Mikarddo

Why do you want force lore? For ruin? that is the only spell i see is affefcted by it? from what i can gather meteor swarm is only affected by fire lore?

Anyways if you want force lore you could maybe craft it on the gem instead of parrying. you will loose some saved though. i don't think you took parrying for ac on a sorc?

Maybe you can get insightful saves on an augment?

I am not sure what epic destinies you are using, but you could consider using primal avatar. This can proc 100 temp spell points and it procs pretty often.

I don't know hwo important fom is on a sorc, but you could consider sunken slippers for instead.

Otherwise pretty impressive that you get both profane and aritfact prr. You must have high prr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Hi Mikarddo

Why do you want force lore? For ruin? that is the only spell i see is affefcted by it? from what i can gather meteor swarm is only affected by fire lore?

Anyways if you want force lore you could maybe craft it on the gem instead of parrying. you will loose some saved though. i don't think you took parrying for ac on a sorc?

Maybe you can get insightful saves on an augment?

I am not sure what epic destinies you are using, but you could consider using primal avatar. This can proc 100 temp spell points and it procs pretty often.

I don't know hwo important fom is on a sorc, but you could consider sunken slippers for instead.

Otherwise pretty impressive that you get both profane and aritfact prr. You must have high prr.
    Aye, force lore would be for ruin/gruin.

Parry and Spell Lore (type) is not in the same slot for Cannith Crafting though so it would have to be a swap of Parry for Spell Lore Universal. But I will consider that even so given the new augments mentioned by Aziz.

I use Draconic (primary), Shadowdancer (evasion, spell cooldown reduction, immunity and more) and EA (spell points, wings, heals and more) but will take a cool at Primal instead of EA. I just love wings so much as you know
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-17-2023 at 06:40 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Aye, force lore would be for ruin/gruin.

Parry and Spell Lore (type) is not in the same slot for Cannith Crafting though so it would have to be a swap of Parry for Spell Lore Universal. But I will consider that even so given the new augments mentioned by Aziz.

I use Draconic (primary), Shadowdancer (evasion, spell cooldown reduction, immunity and more) and EA (spell points, wings, heals and more) but will take a cool at Primal instead of EA. I just love wings so much as you know
    There is a level sapphire of heavy fortification that gives 100% fortification. You will loose 53 fortification if you can fit it in, but you will free up the gem for force spell lore...

Not sure how important fortification is? I guess you are in elemental form giving you 100 like the druid. I find a heavy fort augment is usually enough fort. Actually looking at my own fortificatino at 165 i should probably do something about that.

But maybe 200 fortification, 100 from elemental form and 100 from heavy fort augment is enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    There is a level sapphire of heavy fortification that gives 100% fortification. You will loose 53 fortification if you can fit it in, but you will free up the gem for force spell lore...

Not sure how important fortification is? I guess you are in elemental form giving you 100 like the druid. I find a heavy fort augment is usually enough fort. Actually looking at my own fortificatino at 165 i should probably do something about that.

But maybe 200 fortification, 100 from elemental form and 100 from heavy fort augment is enough...
    That is indeed also a possible option. I will look closer once I get back to being a sorc. Thanks.

The Spell Lore (universal) is less crit chance ruin/gruind but add to positive spells and likely for the acid dot as well. So there are pros and cons.

Community Member

Also

Dripping with magma from wiki does 10d20 damage per tick with 5 ticks. That is 10*21/2*5=525 damage.

Draconic mantle upgraded with a caster level of 25 does 9.5*25*4=950.

Is it because dripping has a cooldown of 1 sec and mantle has 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinian View Post
    Looks great.

I assume you still use draconic mantle for the cooldown reduction? And you find dripping with magma just does a lot more than the draconic dot?

Do you use the medium armor version of red dragonscale?
    Correct. I use the Draconic Mantle still for the cool down reduction. I simply do not take the effect that makes the proc add a 3 tick dot but still get the direct damage. Also correct that I believe Dripping with Magma does more damage.

I use the light armor to get evasion. I have ~90 reflex save in reaper so its decent without being amazing. I could use medium armor in situation where MRR matters more than Evasion though.

Community Member

Here is my preferred gear setup w/ augments for a fire sorc for end game. I wish I had room for Kinetic Lore but apart from that I am very happy with the setup. I am aware that Dripping Magma does not stack with the fire dot from the mantle in Draconic, which is unfortunately, but I still prefer Dripping with Magma.

Filigrees are:
    4 Ottos, 4 Dragonsoul, 4 raid Cha, and 2 filigrees with 9 fire + 4 universal spell power each.
    Alternatively: 4 Ottos, 4 Eye, 4 raid Cha and 2 Dragonsoul.
    I am still debating that but leaning towards the better nuking from the former rather than the better DC from the latter.

For offhand I intend to make a swap item with the Tar Pit Ooze once that drops for me so I can swap between Affirmation and Ooze. Possibly also a third off hand swap item with Vulnerability.

Note that I am using a dual set bonus Gem of Many Facets. I got a really luck roll on that one.

Comments and idea are most welcome as always.

Couple of options with augments.
    Legendary Sapphire of Riposte from ToEE rare chests can give you the +6 insight bonus to ac and saves rather than crafting it on the trinket (only the heroic aug is listed on the wiki at the moment)
    The Eye of Lamania from Growing Pains can give both positive and force spellpower as well as an implement bonus in a single augment slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    The Eye of Lamania from Growing Pains can give both positive and force spellpower as well as an implement bonus in a single augment slot.

You sure about implement? After U57 go live, all freshly slotted previous spellpower augments, include ToEE specifically "implement augments", stop provide implement bonuses, seems heavily bugged. I don't check this augment... you do?
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    You sure about implement? After U57 go live, all freshly slotted previous spellpower augments, include ToEE specifically "implement augments", stop provide implement bonuses, seems heavily bugged. I don't check this augment... you do?
    Not at the moment, I have a few in my aug bag though and will test tonight whether the implement spell power increase is applying. Only the augments that specifically state that they give an implement bonus should do so. If it's not working it's a bug though and should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Couple of options with augments.
    Legendary Sapphire of Riposte from ToEE rare chests can give you the +6 insight bonus to ac and saves rather than crafting it on the trinket (only the heroic aug is listed on the wiki at the moment)
    I completely overlooked those augments, thank you very much. I most definitely need to go farm both of those. They fit very nicely into my gear setup

Any tips on farming the TOEE augment?

The wiki does not mention the Eye augment. Are they other augments from U57 that I may have missed? Maybe even a list?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_57_named_items
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-17-2023 at 06:45 AM.

Are they other augments from U57 that I may have missed? Maybe even a list?
    Check this.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Community Member

I completely overlooked those augments, thank you very much. I most definitely need to go farm both of those. They fit very nicely into my gear setup

Any tips on farming the TOEE augment?

The wiki does not mention the Eye augment. Are they other augments from U57 that I may have missed? Maybe even a list?
    For the ToEE augments I find it quicker do do the first part (upper temple), there seems to be more optionals that can spawn there and just run around looking for them. I haven't had an augment drop in the end chest, the old small mats chests yet or the fixed chests (water, harpies room, Ogre leader, gargoyle lord and the clerics room where you pickup the now useless earth elemental charming club), just in the optional rare spawns. Not sure if that's luck or they just don't drop there.
    I typically head north west first and through the secret door and check the northern tunnels before approaching the crossbow room from the north (red route on map). The optional rares seems to spawn in more places than those listed on the wiki map, at this point I've pretty much seen them in all rooms and most corridors, so it's worth checking out the north/eastern side as well.

Yeah my paint skills suck.
    red -> yellow -> blue -> green.

You could also just zone in, turn right, check the first two rooms, then reset. I find that boring though.

If you see a spiders nest, don't kill it until you've talked to the frog keeper first though.
    Last edited by Aziz; 01-17-2023 at 10:54 AM.

Community Member

Augment list now added.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Augment list now added.
    Thank you, your effort is greatly appreciated.

Updated the setup in the OP.

Now I am pondering if I should
    - change the 15 cha and heal amp to 30% force crit damage on the Dino stuff
    - drop draconic and vitality augments
    - add 14 cha and healing amp augments

The extra force crit damage on ruins would be very nice for sure. Probably I will if my cha ends up uneven with the 15 cha effect so I need to run the numbers. If there is no DC loss the loss of draconic and vitality (or another augment) seems worthwhile for the extra force crit damage for Ruins.

So many choices
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-18-2023 at 03:26 AM.

Community Member

Here's my current Fire Sorc Setup!

https://imgur.com/Saso68v

https://imgur.com/DuNnOiJ

I want to swap my boots to the Lightning Boots for maxed out lightning spells until I have enough Racial Points to get Infernal Sovereign in the Tiefling Racial Tree.
    Last edited by XXThermitexX; 01-17-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXThermitexX View Post
    My current setup:

I’m working on getting the Lightning Boots from Skeletons In the closet to max out my lightning spells otherwise, it’s down to some minor augment swaps when that happens!
    Your images do not show up for me. I believe you may need to add .jpg for them to work.

Is it for an electric sorc?

Community Member

Your images do not show up for me. I believe you may need to add .jpg for them to work.

Is it for an electric sorc?
    It is for a fire sorc but I have Chain Lightning and Thunderstroke in my rotation. Also, links are fixed, finally!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast