Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Huntxrd View Post
    Thats understandable, and i agree there are many routes you can go. I choose to focus more on everything but defense lol

Mind Tear from my understanding only works when you actually melee with the Kamas, which is why i have the swap. At some point I would like to ditch them whenever i may update my gear, which is why i suggested the Cruel Cut augs so i can keep the helpless dmg.

https://imgur.com/tWSKcip

https://imgur.com/xRfCSnP
    You are showing 108 DC on PK. Is that using the +6 reaper action boost? That would obviously make a major difference. Is it using other buffs as well, pots, bard song etc? I so we are not comparing like to like

I just realised I can use the Gnome Iconic PL for +3 illusion if I want, but at the cost of not getting the defense from Shadar-Kai active PL. Are you using that one?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Huntxrd View Post
    Mind Tear from my understanding only works when you actually melee with the Kamas, which is why i have the swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    You are obviously correct on Mind Tear - I forgot about that.
    Incorrect. According to Wiki, Mind Tear same effect as LGS, so it must proc from ranged attack and spellcasting. Of course, if it's not exception, it possible too.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    Incorrect. According to Wiki, Mind Tear same effect as LGS, so it must proc from ranged attack and spellcasting. Of course, if it's not exception, it possible too.
    Have you actually tried Mind Tear on a caster? I have - it didnt work. That was a major complaint from caster for a while that they had to use the old LGS rather than being able to use the new weapons. Dino crafting fixed that now though.

Community Member

You are showing 108 DC on PK. Is that using the +6 reaper action boost? That would obviously make a major difference. Is it using other buffs as well, pots, bard song etc? I so we are not comparing like to like

I just realised I can use the Gnome Iconic PL for +3 illusion if I want, but at the cost of not getting the defense from Shadar-Kai active PL. Are you using that one?
    No, those screenshots are straight from the builder.
    (side note, the forums need to notify you when someone replies to your posts. my bad for answering like once a day)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    Incorrect. Wiki is wrong - tested on live.

Default more about feats

Quote Originally Posted by XXThermitexX View Post
    Here's my current Fire Sorc Setup!

https://imgur.com/Saso68v

https://imgur.com/DuNnOiJ

I want to swap my boots to the Lightning Boots for maxed out lightning spells until I have enough Racial Points to get Infernal Sovereign in the Tiefling Racial Tree.
    do you mind sharing what feats you take for heroic and epics solid gear and loadout lot of good ideas and suggustions here! trying to come back and relearn sorcerer myself and go for racials:P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvl20wizzyman View Post
    do you mind sharing what feats you take for heroic and epics solid gear and loadout lot of good ideas and suggustions here! trying to come back and relearn sorcerer myself and go for racials:P
    Off the top of my head, the feats were as follows:
    Heroic-
    Maximize, Empower, Heighten, Quicken, wizard PL feat, mental toughness, improved mental toughness, (Enlarge from Feydark Illusionist)
    **Updated**
    Wellspring, Intensify, Ruin, Greater Ruin, Spell Power: Fire, Spell power Force, Spell Power Electric and Scion of the Plane of Fire and Elemental Form Specialty
    Last edited by XXThermitexX; 03-08-2023 at 09:12 AM.

Community Member

Off the top of my head, the feats were as follows:
    Heroic-
    Maximize, Empower, Heighten, Quicken, wizard PL feat, mental toughness, improved mental toughness, (Enlarge from Feydark Illusionist)
    Epic-
    Wellspring, Intensify, Ruin, Greater Ruin, Spell Power: Fire, Spell power Force, Crush weakness and I’ll have to check later beyond that!
    Here’s some updates and more info after some work:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jcouqv3raYy7u4Wf7
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/RvfrQAATK8Rq8t1ZA
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/rqxUnE781VfM8ToY8

Community Member

Weapon sets: First spell power is reaper, just guild buffs. 2nd set is “fully” (self) buffed. Meridian fragment and other proc boosts not included.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/RrB3JkUEfMWVUJtN7
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/6s7NnFAL7wFFs5jY6
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/zmG3jzsYscrPCmVm7
    Last edited by XXThermitexX; 03-08-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Community Member

Reaper DC’s just guild ship buffs: These are calculated off my main weapon set: Brighthorn/Icehorn, listed above.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VMRLa3nRrhunNmnY7
    Last edited by XXThermitexX; 03-08-2023 at 08:55 AM.

Default i appreciate the guts and glory:p

if you have cruel cut as a feat isnt it pointless to slot in the 3 piece set? thank you for the replies i didnt see these until just now

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvl20wizzyman View Post
    if you have cruel cut as a feat isnt it pointless to slot in the 3 piece set? thank you for the replies i didnt see these until just now

I swapped out the feat for spell power: electric once I got the Osfield's Lightning Boots. i mainly keep cruel cut available for when a party has a bard doing the mass holding or for GRuin if I have champions stunned. Also, I believe they do stack if you wanted 30+% helpless damage but it's never really necessary, the feat and augment set that is.

Community Member

(sorry for the sort of necro-if a new thread makes sense, just let me know!)

Maybe I’m crazy, because I’m not super experienced with this, but I think Sharn armor honestly still looks really good with the IoD qstaff? Deacon is tempting for the 15% legendary spell crit damage, but the deacon items are hot garbage for a sorc and it locks you out of any numerically competitive +DC set, so Deacon is out. At that point, Elder’s Knowledge+flamecleansed fury looks like a very promising combination. I also might be underrating procs, but it feels like qstaff should be better than two IoD sticks, bc it’s effectively +3 to DC for all spells over any other set up, which is quite a bit.

I think this set gets you everything you want except for 1 insightful non-evocation dc, 1 charisma from not using a raid-crafted cha item, dripping with magma, an secondary LGS/IoD proc, 15 exceptional spell power, and a combined total of 25 fire sp from using insightful/quality potency rather than element specific. 40 sp is <3% of DPS at cap, so extra crit chance/damage more than makes up for it.

Dino QStaff
    -5 Spell focus mastery
    -2 exceptional spell DC
    -10% spell efficency
    -5 exceptional spell crit
    -2 exceptional CHA
    -proc of choice (vulnerability/dot)
    Legendary Blessed Vestments
    Legendary Hallowed Trail
    Legendary Hallowed Castigators
    Legendary Deadringers
    Legendary Goggles of Dusk
    Legendary Sunken Slippers
    -3 Qual cha
    Legendary Crown of Snow
    Legendary Elder’s Focus
    Dino Bone Ring (artifact)
    -crafted with full crit damage and sacred spell DC
    Bound Elemental Ring of Flames
    Gem of Many Facets (Elder’s Knowledge)
    -Charisma 14
    -Dodge 14
    -6 insight Cha
    Slaver’s Belt
    -Constitution 13
    -Impulse Lore? Impulse Spell power? Depends on how meteor swarm works
    -Spellcraft +20
    -Quality MRR +8

Slotted with all the normal goodies, ideally including a litany of the dead augment, an essence augment for +5 insightful spell lore, and a 3 piece +25 USP set augment. Obviously, those are probably the hardest things to get out of everything here, and are incremental improvements. Swapping out 20% crit damage on the Dino artifact for +1 cha is also an option, but that seems bad overall, because this set is pretty focused on DC already (maxed out focus of all types, maxed out cha of all types but that)

I might be missing something, but I think this set gets pretty much everything for a glass cannon type sorc.
    Last edited by PraetorPlato; 04-23-2023 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorPlato View Post
    Bound Elemental Ring of Flames
    Rings of Acid or even Frost seems more appealing because much better DoT.

-Impulse Lore? Impulse Spell power? Depends on how meteor swarm works
    Clearly not Spell power, Slavers crafting provide only 142 SP while you can get 153 from augment.

And... no Legendary Red Dragonscale Robe?
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Community Member

thanks for the catch on acid+force spell power. On magma, that is the tradeoff of the Sharn set: compared to the set in the OP, my set has
    -2 higher DC
    -1 lower CHA
    -No offhand LGS
    -More spell points (clouded dreams+more wizardry items)
    -No dripping with magma
    -Randomly different array of defensive stats (lower PRR, better MRR)
    -No need for a perfect epic gem of many facets (I know we’re talking endgame gear, but a completely random ~1% chance seems relevant.)

Probably not quite as good for raw DPS, but seems like a potentially viable option especially in an environment where everyone has dripping with magma on.

thanks for the catch on acid+force spell power. On magma, that is the tradeoff of the Sharn set: compared to the set in the OP, my set has
    -2 higher DC
    -1 lower CHA
    -No offhand LGS
    -More spell points (clouded dreams+more wizardry items)
    -No dripping with magma
    -Randomly different array of defensive stats (lower PRR, better MRR)
    -No need for a perfect epic gem of many facets (I know we’re talking endgame gear, but a completely random ~1% chance seems relevant.)

Probably not quite as good for raw DPS, but seems like a potentially viable option especially in an environment where everyone has dripping with magma on.
    It is really nice that there are currently many different ways to go about gearing with nothing clearly best. I really like that, and thank you for sharing your setup.

Personally, I am very fond of having 90 reflex save evasion on my sorc - which is the main reason I do not consider the Flamecleanced set at cap even though it is indeed a really nice set. But, it does not offer light armor.

Community Member

It is really nice that there are currently many different ways to go about gearing with nothing clearly best. I really like that, and thank you for sharing your setup.

Personally, I am very fond of having 90 reflex save evasion on my sorc - which is the main reason I do not consider the Flamecleanced set at cap even though it is indeed a really nice set. But, it does not offer light armor.
    That's a good point—are you still getting evasion from shadow dancer? Do you have enough DP to get that, healing, and draconic goodies?

That's a good point—are you still getting evasion from shadow dancer? Do you have enough DP to get that, healing, and draconic goodies?
    Aye. I am not at cap atm with my sorc so I dont have the exact break down but its 16 in SD as I recall, 3x in DI and the rest in EA.
    I have 72 DP on my sorc (73 on my main).

Community Member

That's pretty nice—I might have to try that out, although losing the 2 primal cha will suck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123