Community Member

Default Looking for MAX DC Pale Master build

***Note , I do realize I posted earlier suggestions for a post U53 PM gear set, but this post is a little more detailed trying to put together an entire build, not just what equipment to farm for ***

Hey folks!

looking for max DC pale master necro/enchant build with max intelligence ( I understand that in order to have MAX DCS you have to lower max possible intelligence, or rather opt for a DC option sometimes, in lieu of another point of INT).

the max filigrees I have is 13 slots (don't have access to the isle of the dread)

currently using:
    4 piece autumn set
    3 piece winter set
    shattered onyx
    black caplet
    dread keeper set
    nightmother sceptre
    stygian wrath orb

-i do have the gloryborne gloves and the hallowed orb, just don't have them equipped

-have the GOMF but slotted for my archer build, not a caster.

-can craft a Necro/INS necro trinket if I have to swap out let's say the nightmother sceptre

- also have the pendant of bottled moonlight (don't have it equipped, but I thought it might be nice to find room for it to get the extra 3 max caster levels to my necro spells)

- I also want this build to have a secondary goal of max possible negative spell power (after achieving my primary goal and maxing out DCS and INT)

- a third goal would be to craft a LGS piece of equipment to get that extra 35% spell crit to my negative spells, but i'm not sure this would be possible without sacrificing DC's .(if i could get 120ish DCS to my necro an maybe 115ish to my enchantment, I would definitely want to include the LGS item.)

and lastly, getting over 60% neg healing amp would be great, but like the LGS, it might not be possible with my previous priorities , (like I have a 3 piece set of filigrees that gives me 60 Neg heal amp alone!)

that being said, i'm sure those filigrees would have to be swapped out to get 2 or 3 more points of INT or DC's, but then i'm looking to make up NEG healing amp elsewhere.
    speaking of which, the wiki states that it has been confirmed that crafted neg healing amp items is a COMPETENCE bonus. This is not true! any normal/crafted items with neg healing amp on it is PROFANE! I have tested this by using 3 items - a crafted neg heal amp item, another item i forgot it's name, and the Heart of the Prince which the description says it gives a competence bonus to healing, but in fact it is profane... out of the 3 items, two were profane and the other was competence that didn't stack.

Sounds like i'm asking a lot, but i'm really not.
    I know I can't have it all, but i'm willing to have the 'best in class' I can possibly get going from highest priority to lowest priority

Necro DC's
    Enchantment DC's
    Intelligence
    Neg spell power
    Neg healing amp
    Neg spell crit damage multiplier

thank you all for reading this post, and any tips are appreciated!

Community Member

Default My current set up

Hi, I'm currently using the following set up (note I solo r4 - r6 and group up to r10):

Helm: Faedark Faerielights (Sapphire of Heavy fort)
    Neck: Legendary Amber Pendant
    Trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (Sapphire of negative amp 57), can be swapped to Cursed Mirror for +3 insight spell pen and +2 quality spell pen if needed
    Goggles: Legendary Magewright's Spectacles (Topaz of Greater Illusion)
    Cloak: Legendary Magewright's Cloak (Topaz of Greater Enchantment, Sapphire of Resistance 10)
    Chest: Legendary Robe of Autumn Winds (Diamond of Vitality 20, Topaz of Greater Conjuration) this will most likely be changed, Order's Garb for fort and exceptional crit and spellpower?
    Bracers: Dino Bone Artifact with 35% negative and 2 sacred dc (Festive Int, Globe of true blood, Draconic Soul Gem)
    Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist (Festive Con)
    Boots: Legendary Deep Snow Boots (Diamond of Con 14)
    Gloves: Legendary Deadringers (Topaz of Necromantic Power)
    Ring 1: Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring (Topaz of Conjured Power)
    Ring 2: Legendary Ring of Fall's Decay (Topaz of Greater Necromancy)

This gives masterful magewright and 5 piece autumn set bonus which is redundant. You could swap neck to winter neck and helm to crown of snow which would get you 3 piece winter set bonus and 3 piece autumn with masterful magwright as well. I run autumn 4 piece simply because I like big sp bars. Winter/autumn/magewright is probably better.

I don't have any LGS so idk if you can craft similar crit on bracers, if you can then you can replace dino if you don't have them and drop 2 sacred dc. Also note that with the dino bracers you could slot in 15 in instead of 20% crit damage for 1 more dc. I have insightful int on my goggles and orb at the moment.

Int is 108 in reaper with pots (note i do not have racial completion or class completion).
    Hp in reaper is 2200ish
    SP in reaper is 6300ish
    Prr is 101
    MRR is 65 (low due to robe use, could swap to light armor because filigrees have 10% ASF reduction built in)

Current relevant spellpowers in reaper are: Negative 817 (1043 meta'd), Acid 773 (998 meta'd), Poison 790 (1015 meta'd), Force 734 (959 meta'd)
    Spell crit 75% negative, 50% poison, 15% others
    Negative healing amp: 230 (could be 260 if gear swapped to winter bonus)

Weapon 1: The Legendary Queen's Scepter
    Offhand: Legendary Stygian Wrath, sometimes swapped with Epic Rod of Mythant for force spell power and crit for ruin and arcane tempest

Filigree sets are 4 beholder, 4 otto, 4 inevitable grave and 1 random int to round out my int. These were chosen for 14 int, 4 to all spell dcs, an additional 2 to necro dcs for a total of 6 to necro. I was considering dropping 4 piece grave to get 4 piece Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment for +1 to all dcs instead of 2 necro.

Currently working on getting Legendary Curse Necromancer set items to try that out. Also working on crafting dino bone weapon swaps and maybe a staff. Could swap helm to crown of snow and neck to Legendary Pendant of the Sky for insight negative with swap to Legendary Pendant of the Earth for insight force and corrosion.

I'm running draconic t5 with ruin intensified because I solo alot and it helps with despair reapers and other dangerous things immune to instant kills. I also run primal avatar for carrion swarm and shard storm for more damage and survivability since poison scales with negative spellpower/crit as well. Acid is also covered by my ring so I also utilize acid well on top of those for things like bosses and champs immune to death effects. My third destiny is magus for extra SP +3 illusion dcs and +3 fear dcs because I use 3 phantasmal killer spells and color spray.

Spell dcs in reaper with yugo and remnant pots running are: Necro 120, Enchantment 114, Illusion 123, Conjuration 108 (mainly for trap the soul and the occasional web), Evocation 107.
    These area all increase by 9 when reaper dc clicky and arcane insight are used. I find these dc's are usually enough for most content.

I was also considering running Shadowdancer t5 for weird or Magus t5 for time stop and negative energy comet and swapping ruin/greater ruin for different feats.

Currently my feats are: Maximize, Empower, Quicken, Heighten, Extend, Enlarge, Spell Focus Necromancy, Greater Spell Focus Necromancy, Spell Focus Illusion, Greater Spell Focus Illusion, Insightful Reflexes, Arcane Initiate.

Epic Feats: Arcane Insight, Epic Spell Power Negative, Embolden Spell, Crush Weakness (may swap this to epic spellpower acid or force), Ruin, Arcane Pulse, Greater Ruin.

Legendary Feat is Scion of Shadowfell. Level 31 feat is Legendary Toughness.

If t5 draconic is dropped I may swap ruin for epic spell focus illusion or necromancy, not sure what I would swap greater ruin for maybe master of the dead? Level 31 feat could then be changed to spell specialty enchantment for 3 more enchantment dcs.

I would love to hear any of your suggestions and your current set up as well. Hope this helps some with brainstorming!
    Last edited by Anniyon; 01-16-2023 at 09:18 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anniyon View Post
    Hi, I'm currently using the following set up:

Helm: Faedark Faerielights (Sapphire of Heavy fort)
    Neck: Legendary Amber Pendant
    Trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (Sapphire of negative amp 57), can be swapped to Cursed Mirror for +3 insight spell pen and +2 quality spell pen if needed
    Goggles: Legendary Magewright's Spectacles (Topaz of Greater Illusion)
    Cloak: Legendary Magewright's Cloak (Topaz of Greater Enchantment, Sapphire of Resistance 10)
    Chest: Legendary Robe of Autumn Winds (Diamond of Vitality 20, Topaz of Greater Conjuration) this will most likely be changed, Order's Garb for fort and exceptional crit and spellpower?
    Bracers: Dino Bone Artifact with 35% negative and 2 sacred dc (Festive Int, Globe of true blood, Draconic Soul Gem)
    Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist (Festive Con)
    Boots: Legendary Deep Snow Boots (Diamond of Con 14)
    Ring 1: Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring (Topaz of Conjured Power)
    Ring 2: Legendary Ring of Fall's Decay (Topaz of Greater Necromancy)

Weapon 1: The Legendary Queen's Scepter
    Offhand: Legendary Stygian Wrath, sometimes swapped with Epic Rod of Mythant for force spell power and crit for ruin and arcane tempest

Filigree sets are 4 beholder, 4 otto, 4 inevitable grave and 1 random int to round out my int. These were chosen for 14 int, 4 to all spell dcs, an additional 2 to necro dcs for a total of 6 to necro. I was considering dropping 4 piece grave to get 4 piece Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment for +1 to all dcs instead of 2 necro.

Currently working on getting Legendary Curse Necromancer set items to try that out. Also working on crafting dino bone weapon swaps and maybe a staff. Could swap helm to crown of snow and neck to Legendary Pendant of the Sky for insight negative with swap to Legendary Pendant of the Earth for insight force and corrosion.

I'm running draconic t5 with ruin intensified because I solo alot and it helps with despair reapers and other dangerous things immune to instant kills. I also run primal avatar for carrion swarm and shard storm for more damage and survivability since poison scales with negative spellpower/crit as well. Acid is also covered by my ring so I also utilize acid well on top of those for things like bosses and champs immune to death effects. My third destiny is magus for extra SP +3 illusion dcs and +3 fear dcs because I use 3 phantasmal killer spells and color spray.

Spell dcs in reaper with yugo and remnant pots running are: Necro 120, Enchantment 114, Illusion 123, Conjuration 108 (mainly for trap the soul and the occasional web), Evocation 107.
    These area all increase by 9 when reaper dc clicky and arcane insight are used. I find these dc's are usually enough for most content.

I was also considering running Shadowdancer t5 for weird or Magus t5 for time stop and negative energy comet and swapping ruin/greater ruin for different feats.

Currently my feats are: Maximize, Empower, Quicken, Heighten, Extend, Enlarge, Spell Focus Necromancy, Greater Spell Focus Necromancy, Spell Focus Illusion, Greater Spell Focus Illusion, Insightful Reflexes, Arcane Initiate.

Epic Feats: Arcane Insight, Epic Spell Power Negative, Embolden Spell, Crush Weakness (may swap this to epic spellpower acid or force), Ruin, Arcane Pulse, Greater Ruin.

Legendary Feat is Scion of Shadowfell. Level 31 feat is Legendary Toughness.

If t5 draconic is dropped I may swap ruin for epic spell focus illusion or necromancy, not sure what I would swap greater ruin for maybe master of the dead? Level 31 feat could then be changed to spell specialty enchantment for 3 more enchantment dcs.

I would love to hear any of your suggestions and your current set up as well. Hope this helps some with brainstorming!
    Thanks for the detailed build!

sounds awesome to me!

For my build, I would have to forgo the magewright set. I don't have the base items, and I don't have the upgrades neither.. Unfortunately upgrading epics to legs. require star fragments, which would involve me running Saltmarsh (which I don't like).

I like my Legendary Dreadkeeper set... One of the best set bonuses in the game for Pale Masters.. It would be hard to give that up!

Master of the Dead has been broken since it's inception. doesn't make a difference to your DA or GTA, only makes a difference to your NEB.. which is very evident!

I need to work on getting better filigrees, maybe even some of the raid ones.

but overall, a SOLID build!

anyone else like to chime in?

Community Member

I agree dreadkeeper bonuses are really good, especially the extra 40 PRR. The Curse Necromancer can cover the neg spell crit and spellpower and also gives 30 neg hamp.

Also updated the original post with some spellpowers and such.

Community Member

I agree dreadkeeper bonuses are really good, especially the extra 40 PRR. The Curse Necromancer can cover the neg spell crit and spellpower and also gives 30 neg hamp.

Also updated the original post with some spellpowers and such.

Yes but the Dreadkeeper also gives +3 Artifact to intelligence, +3 Artifact to Spell DC's, AND the robe gives an additional 5% universal spell crit chance...

so if you can get the +3 art bonus to intelligence and DC's somewhere else, i'd say it would make sense to opt for the Curse Necromancer set and free up a slot, the 5% universal spell lore from the robes makes a combined 11% to negative spell crit chance which is huge as well!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar29 View Post
    Yes but the Dreadkeeper also gives +3 Artifact to intelligence, +3 Artifact to Spell DC's, AND the robe gives an additional 5% universal spell crit chance...

so if you can get the +3 art bonus to intelligence and DC's somewhere else, i'd say it would make sense to opt for the Curse Necromancer set and free up a slot, the 5% universal spell lore from the robes makes a combined 11% to negative spell crit chance which is huge as well!
    True, I currently get artifact int from magewright and dcs from that as well then I get exceptional spell power and spell crit from my autumn robe. Can also get it from esoteric robe or autumn light armor. Honestly the only thing I don't like about dreadkeeper is the gloves. They're really good gloves but I use deadringers for autumn bonus and profane spell dc's.

Another option could be to use 7 piece autumn. Armor, helm, neck, cloak, ring, gloves, and then Trinket or bracers or second ring.
    Last edited by Anniyon; 01-16-2023 at 09:46 AM.

Community Member

True, I currently get artifact int from magewright and dcs from that as well then I get exceptional spell power and spell crit from my autumn robe. Can also get it from esoteric robe or autumn light armor. Honestly the only thing I don't like about dreadkeeper is the gloves. They're really good gloves but I use deadringers for autumn bonus and profane spell dc's.

Another option could be to use 7 piece autumn. Armor, helm, neck, cloak, ring, gloves, and then Trinket or bracers or second ring.

You see, THIS is what i'm talking about! OPTIONS!.. This was the whole point of this thread, to give people like myself more options...

I never really looked at the magewright set tbh, because that would bring like I said before, a whole bunch of farming, and more farming for upgrades to LEG. Can you at least get the elder set to drop the epic versions so you only have to upgrade to LEG? or is it like the GOMF, which you have to upgrade to epic, THEN leg? Speaking og LGOMF, I think it's a huge waste of time trying to get your desired effects.. If I pulled the trigger once and then lucked out, AWESOME, if not, i'm not going to waste my time and ingredients!

i've looked at replacing the Dreadkeeper set myself, I'd like to use the gloryborne gloves for the +2 sacred bonus to DC's then look for something else that could give me the +2 profane bonus like the deadringer gloves does.

Don't have the isle of the dread, so Dinos are out... and need to work on farming more larges from L Shroud to even hope at crafting something that could give me more spell crit....

A question about ruin and Greater Ruin though... How can you get greater ruin at level 30 if it forces you to choose between that or let's say Leg Scion destiny feats? Last life I was a Sorc and I had to choose between the two, even though I took Ruin at level 27..

Community Member

You see, THIS is what i'm talking about! OPTIONS!.. This was the whole point of this thread, to give people like myself more options...

I never really looked at the magewright set tbh, because that would bring like I said before, a whole bunch of farming, and more farming for upgrades to LEG. Can you at least get the elder set to drop the epic versions so you only have to upgrade to LEG? or is it like the GOMF, which you have to upgrade to epic, THEN leg? Speaking og LGOMF, I think it's a huge waste of time trying to get your desired effects.. If I pulled the trigger once and then lucked out, AWESOME, if not, i'm not going to waste my time and ingredients!

i've looked at replacing the Dreadkeeper set myself, I'd like to use the gloryborne gloves for the +2 sacred bonus to DC's then look for something else that could give me the +2 profane bonus like the deadringer gloves does.

Don't have the isle of the dread, so Dinos are out... and need to work on farming more larges from L Shroud to even hope at crafting something that could give me more spell crit....

A question about ruin and Greater Ruin though... How can you get greater ruin at level 30 if it forces you to choose between that or let's say Leg Scion destiny feats? Last life I was a Sorc and I had to choose between the two, even though I took Ruin at level 27..

Yes the elder's set has to upgraded twice, first to epic then to legendary. Do note that the 7 piece autumn gives universal spell crit damage as well 15% just like elders. You choose your Scion feat in the yellow slot at level 30 and you get a regular feat too. You must take ruin at 27 then in the regular feat slot you take greater ruin.

You could use gloryborne for sacred dc's and then maybe shatter onyx for profane. You would have to get the Litany augment from mark of death raid to get profane stats though instead of the sapphire ring since your rings would be shattered onyx and ring of falls decay in 7 piece autumn set up.

The Legendary Magewright Set DOES NOT need to be upgraded from the base versions. It drops normally out of Legendary Master Artificer and Legendary Lord of Blades. You can even buy them for raid runes. I believe they are 1250 runes each, which is roughly 10 runes on Hard for both, since one drops from one raid and the other from the other raid. I highly recommend this set for dc/insta kill wizards because the goggles gives Illusion focus 6 and insightful illusion focus 3 while the cloak gives Enchant focus 6 and Insightful enchant focus 3. Together they give 3 artifact bonus to dcs and int/cha/wis. The Cloak can be upgraded to have Cha 13 or insightful cha 6 or quality cha 3 while the goggles can have int 13, insightful int 6 or quality int 3. VERY good set especially if you want to go deep gnome and mix in phantasmal killers. Can also mix in 2 PK with just archmage and the regular spell with any race though I do recommend deep gnome for +3 illusion dc and the extra PK.
    Last edited by Anniyon; 01-16-2023 at 10:22 AM.

Community Member

awesome response!

i'll get back to ya with my endgame set up when I have it!

Community Member

Hey, one more thing:

Can you explain to me how using those 13 filigrees gets you 14 intelligence?

I have 4 otto, 4 beholder, and 3 inevitable grave filigrees and if I throw them all in my gear, I get like 3 extra intelligence, 1 more random filigree to round to 4..

Where are you getting the extra +10 INT?

Hey, one more thing:

I have 4 otto, 4 beholder, and 3 inevitable grave filigrees and if I throw them all in my gear, I get like 3 extra intelligence, 1 more random filigree to round to 4..

2 x Eye of the Beholder/Inevitable Grave: +2 Intelligence (Rare: +8 Universal Spell Power)
    2 x Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment/Voltaic Experiment: +2 Intelligence (Rare: +4 Magical Resistance Rating)
    2 x Eye of the Beholder
    1 x Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment
    1 x Inevitable Grave
    1 x Otto's Irrevocable Power
    -------------------------------------
    13 from 9 slot. One more random +1 Int.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Community Member

Hey, one more thing:

First it's important to note you can have the same filigree equipped if you have one in your artifact and one in your sentient weapon. For example I have otto's int in both my dino bracers and sentient weapon. As for the total int here is the breakdown

Bracers have 4 filigrees: +2 int raid Eye of the beholder/inevitable grave, +2 int raid Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment/Voltaic Experiment (note the raid filigrees are a 2 in 1) Otto's rare +1 Int , Beholder rare +1 int. The raid dual filigrees are considered different then the normal eye of the beholder.

Weapon has 9 (I am missing memory spark currently): +2 int raid Eye of the beholder/inevitable grave, +2 int raid Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment/Voltaic Experiment, Otto's rare +1 Int, Beholder +1 int, Otto Rare +1 con, Otto rare mrr, Inevitable grave +1 int, Inevitable grave neg healing amp, Twilights cloak rare +1 int.

So it adds up to: 2+2+2+2+1+1+1+1+1+1=14

Community Member

First it's important to note you can have the same filigree equipped if you have one in your artifact and one in your sentient weapon. For example I have otto's int in both my dino bracers and sentient weapon. As for the total int here is the breakdown

Bracers have 4 filigrees: +2 int raid Eye of the beholder/inevitable grave, +2 int raid Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment/Voltaic Experiment (note the raid filigrees are a 2 in 1) Otto's rare +1 Int , Beholder rare +1 int. The raid dual filigrees are considered different then the normal eye of the beholder.

Weapon has 9 (I am missing memory spark currently): +2 int raid Eye of the beholder/inevitable grave, +2 int raid Zarigan's Arcane Enlightenment/Voltaic Experiment, Otto's rare +1 Int, Beholder +1 int, Otto Rare +1 con, Otto rare mrr, Inevitable grave +1 int, Inevitable grave neg healing amp, Twilights cloak rare +1 int.

So it adds up to: 2+2+2+2+1+1+1+1+1+1=14
    sorry, i'm dumb!

15 + years of playing this game and still haven;t quite figured out filigrees!

I somehow had it in my head that you couldn't use the same ones - even if in a different gear slot.

i'm guessing those raid filigrees are bound to char/acc right?

Community Member

sorry, i'm dumb!

15 + years of playing this game and still haven;t quite figured out filigrees!

I somehow had it in my head that you couldn't use the same ones - even if in a different gear slot.

i'm guessing those raid filigrees are bound to char/acc right?
    They are not bound and can be traded or sold on the auction house.

I may do some testing on soloing r6's without draconic and ruin/greater ruin. Will replace ruin with epic spell focus illusion or necro and greater ruin with intensify, then replace legendary toughness at 31 with spell specialty enchant or conjuration for 3 more dc. Will try Magus t5 for free intensify, time stop and negative energy comet and replace draconic with shadowdancer for evasion. Will also try shadowdancer t5 for weird and use its strike for uncapped dodge on trash while insta killing.

This has kind of turned into me talking to myself and chronicling things to myself but it has sparked discussion between us and has made me think more about gear.

Community Member

They are not bound and can be traded or sold on the auction house.

I may do some testing on soloing r6's without draconic and ruin/greater ruin. Will replace ruin with epic spell focus illusion or necro and greater ruin with intensify, then replace legendary toughness at 31 with spell specialty enchant or conjuration for 3 more dc. Will try Magus t5 for free intensify, time stop and negative energy comet and replace draconic with shadowdancer for evasion. Will also try shadowdancer t5 for weird and use its strike for uncapped dodge on trash while insta killing.

This has kind of turned into me talking to myself and chronicling things to myself but it has sparked discussion between us and has made me think more about gear.
    LOL. i'm glad if I somehow motivated you to try a new approach!

Again thank you for the intense responses and i've learned a lot from our discussion!

I'm interested to find out your after-action report on magnus T5 as well as shadow dancer. I've always judged Magnus as a gimp tree, and I liked the old magister tree much, much more. It just never appealed to me like Dranconic.. The Double damage epic strike - especially exploding from within is so OP! i've tried other Epic strikes for casters, but have always been disappointed - like the entire Primal Destiny and their weak-a$$ SLAS...

Community Member

LOL. i'm glad if I somehow motivated you to try a new approach!

Again thank you for the intense responses and i've learned a lot from our discussion!

I'm interested to find out your after-action report on magnus T5 as well as shadow dancer. I've always judged Magnus as a gimp tree, and I liked the old magister tree much, much more. It just never appealed to me like Dranconic.. The Double damage epic strike - especially exploding from within is so OP! i've tried other Epic strikes for casters, but have always been disappointed - like the entire Primal Destiny and their weak-a$$ SLAS...
    I actually use the thorn SLA's from primal avatar extensively. Between necrotic ray, acid well, carrion swarm stacking, arcane pulse, and rend the soul single target damage is pretty decent overall. Granted its nothing like a dedicated nuking caster and it does come out slower but it's actually pretty solid. Shard Storm from Primal as well is one of my go to defensive abilities. 20 second cooldown but its a really large amount of hp for 12 seconds. My spellpowers and spell crits also boost negative, poison, and acid. Usually I have CC for anything I might come across so its just a matter of CC and then apply dots and watch things rot assuming I cant insta kill them.

Community Member

Smile Update on build

After trying both shadowdancer t5 and magister t5 I will say that I feel magister is much weaker then draconic at least when it comes to my playstyle. T5 shadowdancer is very strong, both the destiny stance and weird make it a contender for soloing in my opinion. Magister stance does however make you tankier due to the MRR cap increase. Moon's shadow damage is fairly lackluster for its long cooldown of 18 seconds. Free Intensify is nice but ultimately not much of a game changer vs ruin intesified. Bonus spell penetration in magus is also nice but not necessary in most scenarios. Gloomspear is usually not worth casting over carrion swarm or dragon breath in my opinion. The CC effect attached to it from t4 magus doesn't really justify using it over another epic strike due to the CC already available to wizards.

All in all I think I will stick with using draconic, primal avatar and magus of the eclipse as my destinies. If one wanted to run Shadowdancer I would most likely replace either draconic or primal due to magus synergizing with weird with +3 to fear based dc's.

As for gear I have made a few changes. I wanted to utilize the t2 draconic incarnation passive Conduit which doubles the implement bonus of quarterstaves. This gives us a few options for the staff depending on what content you have access to and which one you feel fits best in your gearing set up.

Currently I am using the following:

Head: Legendary Pansophic Circlet (sapphire of heavy fortification), Can be swapped out completely or on a case by case basis to Faedark Faerielights for +3 spell pen on illusion and necro spells due to Illusory Death 3.
    Neck: Legendary Amber Pendant (Topaz of Greater Necromancy)
    Trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (Sapphire of Negative Amplification +57), on swap Cursed Mirror for spell pen if needed, Another option here would be Legendary Cursekeeper with a Sapphire of false life.
    Goggles: Legendary Magewright Spectacles (Topaz of Greater Illusion, Diamond of Festive Int +2)
    Cloak: Legendary Magewright Cloak (Sapphire of Resistance +10, Topaz of Greater Enchantment)
    Chest: Legendary Robe of Autumn Winds (Topaz of Greater Conjuration)
    Bracers: Legendary Green Dragonscale Bracers (no augment yet, though I recently got Essence of Pomura's Momento that I'm looking to slot in somewhere)
    Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist (Diamond of Festive Con +2)
    Ring 1: Dino Bone (35% negative crit, +2 sacred dc, Globe of True Imperial Blood, Draconic Soul Gem)
    Ring 2: Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring (Topaz of Conjured Power)
    Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots (Diamond of Con +14)

The weapon can go a multitude of routes with this set up and can change with slight gear alterations to the above. First staff options with the above set up, there are 3 that come to mind:

1. Blightstaff (Legendary Vision of Destruction): This provides us with acid, negative, poison and evil spellpower and crit chance. It also provides +5 to all spell dc's which may help if you do not have the +6 conjuration and +6 necromancy augments that I am using. This will also increase your evocation dc by 1 over just using Amber pendant. The acid dot from Blightstaff is very weak and not a reason to use it by itself.

2. Staff of the Winter Solstice (Feytwisted Staff from Dryad and the Demigod): This provides negative, force and poison spellpower and crit chance. This will notably boost ruin intensified from draconic and boost the poison portion of carrion swarm and shard storm. The staff also provides a +2 profane bonus to spell dc's and would open up the gloves to be swapped to gloryborne if you wanted sacred dc's and do not have dino artifacts. It also provides a +20% spell critical damage bonus to force and negative spells, which again is something ruin intensified benefits from greatly. Finally it offers 100 temp spell points occasionally if hit in melee.

3: Legendary Bullywug Priestess' Staff (The Final Enemy, end chest, or Legendary version of Epic Bullywug Priestess' Staff): This is an option if you don't feel comfortable raiding or if you want something to use before you can get the other 2. It provides negative, cold and poison spellpower and spell crit chance. This will notably boost spells like iceberg and polar ray if you want to utilize those. It also provides +6 dc bonus to necromancy and evocation spells which, again, if you do not have the +6 augments then this is a very solid alternative. Finally all of your negative, cold and poison spells apply the bane spell effect which will lower enemy saves by an additional 1.

The final staff option here is a dino bone crafted one. It will however require a slight reconfiguration of gear. The dino bone artifact will be swapped from ring to bracers and the ring will be swapped to the Legendary Ring of Fall's Decay. The ring will be our source of negative, poison and acid spellpower and spell crit. Another option would be to use Faedark Faerielights and replace boots with Legendary Sunken Slippers to get inisghtful and quality spellpower out of those instead of Pansophic Circlet. This would result in lower hp due to losing quality con but you would gain spell points, spell pen on necro and illusion spells and slightly higher spellpower due to boots offering 24 quality spellpower vs the circlet's 15.

Now for the dino bone staff.

Scale: Iridiscent Scale +102 Equipment bonus to all Spellpowers. If this is slotted in a Quarterstaff, also grants a +2 Exceptional bonus to Spell DCs.
    Fang: Iridiscent Fang +5 Equipment bonus to all Spell DCs. If this is slotted in a Quarterstaff, also grants a +5% Exceptional bonus to Spell Critical Chance OR Meltfang Adds Evil alignment bypass. Your attacks and spells deal a large amount of stacking Acid damage over time.
    Claw: Brightclaw +2 Exceptional bonus to Intelligence.
    Horn: Brighthorn Your attacks and offensive spells have a chance to grant you 1,000 Temporary HP. (Grants Legendary Affirmation) OR Flamehorn Your attacks and offensive spells have a chance to reduce enemy Magical Resistance Rating and Universal Spell Power.

This potentially offers 2-3 higher dc's overall, a strong acid dot for single target and bosses (which is this builds biggest weak point) and either a strong survivability buff or a strong debuff to help kill single targets faster.

One final option would be to use a 1 hander with the Legendary Curse Necromancer set. I would most likely use a gear set up similar to the dino bone staff and use a dino bone 1 hander instead with a similar Scale/Fang/Claw/Horn set up and use the Legendary Cursekeeper Trinket and the Legendary Cursed Skull orb. The set bonus here offers 30 negative hamp, 6% negative crit, 30 negative spellpower and Whenever you cast a Negative spell, you have a chance to apply a stack of Legendary Dreadful Curse, reducing the enemy's Fortitude by 1. This can stack up to 6 times, and each stack lasts 30 seconds.

I also have blight caster druid on my mind and I think alot of this gear would translate over to it as well which is nice.