Default Please help with mouse attack issue.

Hello All!

I have been playing since the game started, and am currently on vacation, but am having a problem with the normal 'left-click mouse attack.'

To describe it further, my normal function has always been to press the left-click mouse button and my character instantly begins an attack. This is true anywhere in the game, be it roaming around Market or in a quest. However, since going on vacation, the left-click mouse button does not instantly start and attack. In fact, it does nothing. If however, I do press the left-click attack (followed be nothing happening), and then left-click again (not double-clicking), my character will start an attack routine. While questing, and thus needing to attack, I must resort to prepping before an attack by stopping short of combat, left-clicking once, and then left-clicking again (and holding the left-click button) to begin and maintain attacking. It simply does not work well! Why can't I just left-click, as per usual, to attack.

I have not changed any functions in the game, as in UI or mouse settings, for example. Also, the internet where I am vacationing is great, so no issues there.

Please help a fellow DDOer enjoying some gaming by helping me fix this.

Thank you ALL!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lussier View Post
    Hello All!

I have been playing since the game started, and am currently on vacation, but am having a problem with the normal 'left-click mouse attack.'

To describe it further, my normal function has always been to press the left-click mouse button and my character instantly begins an attack. This is true anywhere in the game, be it roaming around Market or in a quest. However, since going on vacation, the left-click mouse button does not instantly start and attack. In fact, it does nothing. If however, I do press the left-click attack (followed be nothing happening), and then left-click again (not double-clicking), my character will start an attack routine. While questing, and thus needing to attack, I must resort to prepping before an attack by stopping short of combat, left-clicking once, and then left-clicking again (and holding the left-click button) to begin and maintain attacking. It simply does not work well! Why can't I just left-click, as per usual, to attack.

I have not changed any functions in the game, as in UI or mouse settings, for example. Also, the internet where I am vacationing is great, so no issues there.

Please help a fellow DDOer enjoying some gaming by helping me fix this.

Thank you ALL!
    Have you looked at all the checkboxes under the Gameplay settings? There is a 'Click and Hold to Attack' and an 'Auto-attack on double-click' setting. I think that may be a place to start.