Default Kodraith WSS build

I'm running this now for a Dwarf life. It's performing much better than I had hoped for heroics. You use Nightforge Avenger after L8. Note that this eats basically all your feats, so make sure you _really_ want Longswords as a flavor instead of just using a dagger or shortswords as a Drow.

Damage is pretty good. Defenses are decent. A lot of power kicks in at Level 18 when you pick up HolySword. the 1 FVS seems to add a lot. I went CHA based, but WIS is also viable. They CHA and WIS bonuses to AC do not, alas seem to stack.

Monk as first class gives you slightly more skill points.

Feats and Levels for leveling to cap:
    1: Monk 1. Dodge. SWF
    2: FVS 1. Take Sovereign Host as this gives you longsword prof
    3: Sacred Fist 1 WF:Slash
    4: Monk 2: WSS
    5: SF 2.
    6: SF 3 ISWF
    7: Monk 3 Path of Light
    8-20: SF

Knight's Training at 9
    Imp Crit:Slash at 12
    GSWF at 15
    Adept Stances at 18
    OC at 21
    Master Stances at 24
    PSWF, Doublestrike, Embodiment of Law or Deific Warding
    GM Stances at 27

EDs are likely Divine Crusader, GMoF and Exalted Angel (the self heal aura works really well since you have a lot of heal amp).

Note that you can then LR at 23 to pick up WSS from the GMoF tree. At that point you can reshuffle feats and pick up stances earlier or swap in Mobility and Whirlwind.
    Last edited by Kodwraith; 01-10-2023 at 04:39 PM.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.

Just hit 29 with this build last night, It's a solid build. In R1, you can melee enough things quickly enough that the build is very strong soloing.

Enhacements are currently:

36 odd points SF with Tier5, 6 in Sacred Defender, 23 in Shintao for the +20PRR, 4 in Warpriest for Divine Might, 6 in Henshin Mystic for MP and +2 Imbue.

I'm running in GMOF, wind stance with around 200 PRR, 130ish AC and 27% dodge and 2300 odd HPs. 50 MRR since none of the +MRR cap stuff is really around until 30+.
    Ok defenses, but you'll still get one shotted on r7+, so stay out until the hold monster takes effect. Saves are all +115ish, no fail will.

Offensively, standing 70% Doublestrike + crit on anything 14+, 150ish melee power. SWF + lots of cleaves. So you do decent damage and crit a lot. You can kill most trash in 1-2 hits in R1. Not sorc fast, but fast for a melee. Playing in GMoF stance, the toon is also very fast running speed wise.

The thing I'm missing is any monk crowd control. Since you're CHA based, stunning fist and stunning blow are out, the only CC is the AoE stun from GMoF strike. Even with a +stunning item, I'm at the mercy of the rest of the party to stun stuff while I kill it.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.