Community Member

Default Melee warlock help!!

Hi guys, I really want to try out a melee warlock (more DPS oriented then tank,) maybe using enlightened spirit tree.
    all the builds I've found are kinda outdated! Can anyone help?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

This build hasn't been updated in a while so it needs some tweaks. In particular, it predates the Epic Destiny revamp, though Fatesinger is still a good primary ED for it. But the gist of it still works: melee DPS from Vistani Knife Fighter + CHA to damage from Feydark + Enlightened Spirit for added survivability and DPS via Eldritch Auras + Bursts.

I'm not sure Celestial is the best Pact - I think I would probably use GOO - but you can see my thoughts here about the pros & cons of each. With the nerf to Offhand Versatility, I'd probably use TWF instead; either drow for +2 CHA/DEX or human for the extra feat (enough to take TWF x3, Precision, Improved Critical, and Maximize/Empower/Quicken with heroic feats).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I would use the Carceri pact. It has 2 dots, and I don't think they're the kind of DoT spells that require a DC.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    I would use the Carceri pact. It has 2 dots, and I don't think they're the kind of DoT spells that require a DC.
    Creeping Cold (Warlock Level 9) and Greater CC (WL 19) do not have a save, true, and that's a nice bump for a build that's not focusing on/gearing for casting/DC's/etc. But it's not everything.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Warlock#Pact_Choices

Fey has no-Save Dark Delerium (WL 6), Misty Escape (WL 5) and Otto's ID (WL 19). GOO has +25 Fort (WL 6) and Knock (5). Celestial has +5 PRR (6) and FoM (19). All of those are attractive in their own ways, depending exactly what the player feels they could use the most.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    This build hasn't been updated in a while so it needs some tweaks. In particular, it predates the Epic Destiny revamp, though Fatesinger is still a good primary ED for it. But the gist of it still works: melee DPS from Vistani Knife Fighter + CHA to damage from Feydark + Enlightened Spirit for added survivability and DPS via Eldritch Auras + Bursts.

I'm not sure Celestial is the best Pact - I think I would probably use GOO - but you can see my thoughts here about the pros & cons of each. With the nerf to Offhand Versatility, I'd probably use TWF instead; either drow for +2 CHA/DEX or human for the extra feat (enough to take TWF x3, Precision, Improved Critical, and Maximize/Empower/Quicken with heroic feats).
    I was thinking about going swf and orb, for more light damage.. also, I'm not sure about what weapon to use until level 12 since I'm not proficient. Is the illusory blade for feydark good up until level 12 or should I use something else?

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randomblackdude View Post
    I was thinking about going swf and orb, for more light damage.. also, I'm not sure about what weapon to use until level 12 since I'm not proficient. Is the illusory blade for feydark good up until level 12 or should I use something else?
    the illusory weapons are viable basically up to when you want to start using a sentient weapon. there are better options but you should be good to use them up to level 12.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk