Community Member

Default Best IoD Quest for Demonheart Augment

I have been enjoying IoD and I have been hunting for the Demonheart Augment.

According to the Wiki "any chest" can drop this augment, has anyone know of a decent quest (or quests) to farm this augment?

Whichever chest is the quickest and easiest to get to.

Of course, after looting it 8 times you'll have to move on to the next quickest and easiest chest to loot.

No, I don't know which chests those are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Default Probably Rares in the Wilderness

I've not tracked them explicitly, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten more augments from IOD slayer than from the quests. I periodically ransack a rare circuit to get crafting ingredients. And Ive pulled several augments in that process. The drop rate is lower than a reaper quest, but you can hit a lot of chests in an hour of farming the slayer.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I have been enjoying IoD and I have been hunting for the Demonheart Augment.

According to the Wiki "any chest" can drop this augment, has anyone know of a decent quest (or quests) to farm this augment?
    Wild Thing, 3 quick chests with optionals. Optional chest in crustean is also fast if you have high ranged/magic dps (Dino has high health and moves all the time)

Otherwise wilderness like TPICKRELL said. Do you have alts? Then you can run many more wilderness chests. Even my first life caster, lvl 21 druid can kill the non purple rares fast, plus I have several other 30+ alts. (for heroic, a lvl 7 veteran alt will do)
    Last edited by Wizard1406; 01-06-2023 at 10:39 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I've not tracked them explicitly, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten more augments from IOD slayer than from the quests. I periodically ransack a rare circuit to get crafting ingredients. And Ive pulled several augments in that process. The drop rate is lower than a reaper quest, but you can hit a lot of chests in an hour of farming the slayer.
    2 mos ago, I would agree rares, but after IoD increase drops wire off when the pack was offered in the store, rare drops are miserable in the wilderness.

Season 6 I farmed tons of augs, 1 in 3 chest I would say on average. Season 7 was like 1 in 2 full rare runs at best.
    Last edited by jskinner937; 01-06-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    2 mos ago, I would agree rares, but after IoD increase drops wire off when the pack was offered in the store, rare drops are miserable in the wilderness.

Season 6 I farmed tons of augs, 1 in 3 chest I would say on average. Season 7 was like 1 in 2 full rare runs at best.
    I've noticed this too, it's way, way, too steep of a drop off to be bad luck, thanks for the insight should have guessed myself really.
    Bricks-1 - Halfling Backstab
    Ghallanda/HCL

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalas View Post
    I've noticed this too, it's way, way, too steep of a drop off to be bad luck, thanks for the insight should have guessed myself really.
    My experience with this is in heroic but I have ransacked 4 chests and got a total of 3 items and 0 augments.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers