Community Member

Question Strimtom's Melee Warlock, advice?

Hi, back again after a long break!

I ran this build up to level 23. Loved it. Any game changes I need to know about before I go and try to relearn this class? or should this still be good to go?

Strimtom's Melee Warlock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb_oZGnT9ZI

Thanks!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Offhand Versatility was nerfed hard for melee/caster hybrids like this. SSG got rid of Versatile Empowerment (the "spells auto-crit for 5 seconds after vorpal strike" effect) and replaced it with +1 Imbue dice for the new Imbue system.

Also it predates the Epic Destinies revamp and level cap increase to 32 so that would need to be tweaked. Can probably still use Fatesinger as its primary ED, it's just a question of what to do with your second and third ED options.

But I don't think anything changes mechanically from the original build concept: i.e., high survivability plus sustainable DPS from a mix of warlock blasts and Vistani+Feydark melee DPS. I would consider switching to TWF human now that SWF is less desirable for melee/caster hybrids, but I haven't run the numbers myself.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info no idea how to do builds heh I just LOVE the Confuse spell so I try and use it all the time