Thread: No Signal

Community Member

Default No Signal

A few days ago I would start the game, login, select character. Withing a couple of minutes after the character comes up in the game world, the screen goes black and the monitor's No Signal message comes up. I am using Windows 10. I have reported this to SSG support. Anyone else have this problem?

Community Member LokiFrost20882's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDARC View Post
    A few days ago I would start the game, login, select character. Withing a couple of minutes after the character comes up in the game world, the screen goes black and the monitor's No Signal message comes up. I am using Windows 10. I have reported this to SSG support. Anyone else have this problem?
    This sounds like a Direct X issue. Do you know what version you have running in the game?
    * L O K I L E R O Y *
    Itybity * Eviloutsider * Lokkifrost * Lokibane * Lokidokey * Lokisong * Froststorm * Murderhobo

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDARC View Post
    As was mentioned above, this could be due to a DirectX issue.

It could also be a hardware problem with your video card (maybe it gets too hot when playing graphics-intensive games).

To isolate the problem to a hardware issue, run a different graphics-intensive game to see if a similar thing occurs after a certain amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    As was mentioned above, this could be due to a DirectX issue.

It could also be a hardware problem with your video card (maybe it gets too hot when playing graphics-intensive games).

To isolate the problem to a hardware issue, run a different graphics-intensive game to see if a similar thing occurs after a certain amount of time.

The only other game that I have installed Star Trek Online and I have not touched it since initial installation and one use. I will try your suggestion tonight.

Community Member

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LokiFrost20882 View Post
    This sounds like a Direct X issue. Do you know what version you have running in the game?

My computer has DirectX 12 installed.

Community Member

Default Problem Solved

Thanks to Amazon gift card new video card.