Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"Hireling trainer" NPC who allows you to turn in your permanent hirelings for alternate level versions of them.

(e.g. Turn in your lvl 17 version of owlbear defender in a crafting type window, and then select a level 1, 5, 9, or 13 version of him to take with you instead. then turn him back in as you level up for the higher level versions )

That way I can go through leveling with all my beast friends that I have accumulated over the years.

Community Member

Bug Fixes!! Just got IoD and the wilderness would crash my game with ambient sounds turned on. The expansion has been out for months why is that bug still in the game?

An in game jukebox please!! I would love to be able to use the game music and pick certain tracks I like to listen to but the way combat music cuts in and out makes the game music not worth using it is too jarring. I feel bad for the composer I am sure they spent a lot of time making the music immersive and fun. But I know I'm not the only one who rarely uses the game music because of how it works with combat. On a similar vein a lot of the audio in the game needs to be normalized for example the wilderness scrolls out in Isle of Dread the ghost flame audio is great and I can listen to it just fine but all of the Vecna tracks are so quiet they might as well be on mute. Sentient Gem audio needs to be looked at and normalized as well some can be super loud like hopeful and other like timid are so quiet they are not usable unless you boost them in the options causing all the other gems to be way to loud.

Community Member

1. eliminate flagging (allow red-door anywhere).
    2. give Greater Bracelet of Friends with unlimited charges to VIPs. (or something similar)
    2. Vanguard revamp (make this one easy to build/design, durable, middle tier dps, some high crit damage with low proc to get kills up, new player friendly)
    3. Organize inventory. either server wide storage or housing or some mechanizim to search alts/mules for specific item/ingredient.
    4. more archetypes
    5. more epic destinies

I feel like #1&2 combined would make folks substantially more likely to hit an LFM for a quest that a player wasn't sure about. I will often not join b/c I hate joining an realizing I don't have access (embarrassing) or I need to ask for directions then make others wait (more embarrassment). The real desire is easy grouping and more people to play with. I often have to look up a quest posted on LFM on wiki, figure out where it is, try to remember how to get there, wait on others to do the same. I think it'd get more cash in the door too, b/c as folks became comfortable with this mechanizim they'd want access to all dungeons (more VIPs or content purchase).

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

transparency from SSG

Have a new one after todays lowmark of ssg.

* something that is atleast as good/fun for vips as daily gold. :-(

Lovely suggestions ppl, hopefully devs get some inspiration :-)
    Triple all

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Genebob View Post
    "Hireling trainer" NPC who allows you to turn in your permanent hirelings for alternate level versions of them.

(e.g. Turn in your lvl 17 version of owlbear defender in a crafting type window, and then select a level 1, 5, 9, or 13 version of him to take with you instead. then turn him back in as you level up for the higher level versions )
    I like all my hirelings - the only ones I don't have are the black lion and the two scarecrows. It would be pretty cool to bring them in at different levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitrythewizzy View Post
    2. There is a lot of BS not being in office stuff at SSG. I think it makes the product much worse. Number two wish is that they actually have to go back to work in the office.
    I'm in the same business. Working from home is a huge productivity loss in games, at least on larger teams. I don't know what it's like for SSG but I'd be surprised if they were more than 75% as productive in 2020-2022 as they were in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by amessi1 View Post
    1. eliminate flagging (allow red-door anywhere).
    2. give Greater Bracelet of Friends with unlimited charges to VIPs. (or something similar)
    2. Vanguard revamp (make this one easy to build/design, durable, middle tier dps, some high crit damage with low proc to get kills up, new player friendly)
    3. Organize inventory. either server wide storage or housing or some mechanizim to search alts/mules for specific item/ingredient.
    4. more archetypes
    5. more epic destinies

I feel like #1&2 combined would make folks substantially more likely to hit an LFM for a quest that a player wasn't sure about. I will often not join b/c I hate joining an realizing I don't have access (embarrassing) or I need to ask for directions then make others wait (more embarrassment). The real desire is easy grouping and more people to play with. I often have to look up a quest posted on LFM on wiki, figure out where it is, try to remember how to get there, wait on others to do the same. I think it'd get more cash in the door too, b/c as folks became comfortable with this mechanizim they'd want access to all dungeons (more VIPs or content purchase).
    Flagging for non-raids (at least the kind that prevents redboxing) is a player-punishing antipattern and should be removed from the game.

The ability to teleport to your party leader's location would be very nice indeed. (Or your quest, or the questgiver, or something similar).

They aren't so important to me, as a player who's been around for a little while. I already know how to navigate, I don't mind flagging because there are few quests I run that can't be entered without it (obviously Sharn is the exception - what strange design choice).

For me, storage is the biggest problem BY FAR. If all items other than recent raid loot was converted to account-bound, then I could shove a universe of great items into an alt's pockets. I have around 160 character-bound items on my main, and every one of those items is a massive ballache when I TR. There has to be a better solution! My hope is that last year's bank UI pass was partially done as part of a strategic storage plan.

This thread is a hilarious collection of suggestions that have nothing to do with actual gameplay, a few choice examples:

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard1406 View Post
    I'll also add: This is an MMO. I have nothing against soloers. But doing quest C solo (even if you do like grouping) because grouping up with others in the LFM to do either quest A or B gives you LESS xp (because you already did those), shouldn't happen IMHO.
    Grouping gives you more XP than soloing something? How does that make sense? It probably should be a quest gives a certain amount of XP total, and is divided by the number of people in the group. The way it currently works, multiboxers get some multiple of the XP that other players get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitrythewizzy View Post
    2. There is a lot of BS not being in office stuff at SSG. I think it makes the product much worse. Number two wish is that they actually have to go back to work in the office.
    Oh my god. This is such a stupid wish. Actual office software development work is handled via email, ticketing systems, and meetings that can easily be handled via Zoom or conference call. It hardly matters where your computer sits. If there is a problem with development (I would submit that there mostly definitely is in this case), it's not about which outlet a computer is plugged into.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrose View Post
    Move this puppy on to Unreal Engine 5.
    Changing the engine doesn't really change the game. Yes, the graphics might be better on some systems, but the actual skins and models, the game mechanics, the customiziation, - none of that would actually change with an engine revamp. If you are asking for entirely new software with new everything, that will likely happen, just not by SSG. I would recommend playing Elden Ring for a better gaming experience while you are waiting. The reason I use DDO for gaming is precisely because it runs on simpler hardware, runs on Linux, and I have a lot of characters that were created a long time ago with which to play.

My wish list:

1) Reduce sources of spell points, remove shrines that are excessive in any and all quests, increase the cooldowns for any AoE effects.
    2) Eliminate all overpowered enhancements and destiny abilities - make effective DCs for character level easy to attain with minimal investment.
    3) Get rid of Reaper mode completely, change Elite and Hard modes so that they use appropriate CR mobs in greater numbers and with more devastating tactics rather than just higher CR mobs with more hit points.
    4) Scale all loot to conform to certain limitations - limit the number of effects per item, the bonus to stat values based on appropriate level range, and get rid of and/or reduce almost all set bonuses. Allowing a filigree or augment slot should be equivalent to having 1 effect.
    5) Get rid of past life effects on gameplay. Instead, offer cosmetics and recognition on leader boards for having past lives on an account, regardless if they are on a single character or several different ones.
    6) Scale all tomes to either a +1 or +2 value, except provide additional +1 or +2 tomes to be used on other characters based on the inherent bonuses lost in the translation.
    7) Open up content so that lower level characters can run content much higher in level, scale loot to fit character level rather than quest level (perhaps with higher chance to get rare items if running underlevel).

I could probably double the items in this list without much effort, but I'll leave it there for the moment.
    Last edited by Raithe; 01-04-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Community Member

Make Alchemist into an Artificer archetype, I mean that's what it really is anyway.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    [...]hilarious collection of suggestions[...]
    My wish list:

1) Reduce sources of spell points, remove shrines that are excessive in any and all quests, increase the cooldowns for any AoE effects.
    2) Eliminate all overpowered enhancements and destiny abilities - make effective DCs for character level easy to attain with minimal investment.
    3) Get rid of Reaper mode completely, change Elite and Hard modes so that they use appropriate CR mobs in greater numbers and with more devastating tactics rather than just higher CR mobs with more hit points.
    4) Scale all loot to conform to certain limitations - limit the number of effects per item, the bonus to stat values based on appropriate level range, and get rid of and/or reduce almost all set bonuses. Allowing a filigree or augment slot should be equivalent to having 1 effect.
    5) Get rid of past life effects on gameplay. Instead, offer cosmetics and recognition on leader boards for having past lives on an account, regardless if they are on a single character or several different ones.
    6) Scale all tomes to either a +1 or +2 value, except provide additional +1 or +2 tomes to be used on other characters based on the inherent bonuses lost in the translation.
    7) Open up content so that lower level characters can run content much higher in level, scale loot to fit character level rather than quest level (perhaps with higher chance to get rare items if running underlevel).

I could probably double the items in this list without much effort, but I'll leave it there for the moment.
    Speaking of a hilarious collection.

If you really want to get rid of all these, it's the same as saying that you need to explore the universe of other games. Pretty much all of these are core design; you may as well remove racial enhancement trees.

Except for #7, which sounds great but character scaling isn't a simple thing in this game. It's perhaps a bit of an understatement to say that it's totally infeasible.

This thread is a hilarious collection of suggestions that have nothing to do with actual gameplay, a few choice examples:

Grouping gives you more XP than soloing something? How does that make sense? It probably should be a quest gives a certain amount of XP total, and is divided by the number of people in the group. The way it currently works, multiboxers get some multiple of the XP that other players get.

Oh my god. This is such a stupid wish. Actual office software development work is handled via email, ticketing systems, and meetings that can easily be handled via Zoom or conference call. It hardly matters where your computer sits. If there is a problem with development (I would submit that there mostly definitely is in this case), it's not about which outlet a computer is plugged into.

Changing the engine doesn't really change the game. Yes, the graphics might be better on some systems, but the actual skins and models, the game mechanics, the customiziation, - none of that would actually change with an engine revamp. If you are asking for entirely new software with new everything, that will likely happen, just not by SSG. I would recommend playing Elden Ring for a better gaming experience while you are waiting. The reason I use DDO for gaming is precisely because it runs on simpler hardware, runs on Linux, and I have a lot of characters that were created a long time ago with which to play.

My wish list:

How do you say 'I think everything in the game needs to be completely nerfed' without saying 'I think everything in the game needs to be completely nerfed'?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    transparency from SSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

My wishlist:

1. Cosmetic Bag - Cosmetics are very cool and should be expanded, but without a Bag, the space required is counterproductive.
    2. Epic Version of Desert Wilderness Zone
    3. Epic Version of Tangleroot (wilderness zone and quests)
    4. Epic/Legendary Siber Atoll
    5. Hardcore Season with ALL mobs as Champions and/or New champions, thus better rewards as well -maybe a reward option for attaining lvl 20/30 with Zero favor

1- A Rogue Assassin Tree Pass.
    2- Increased storage.
    3- A reduction of currencies. There are simply too many.
    4- Scroll cases, clothing racks, component cases.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Cool Non's Wishlist

&&
    &&

QOL
    • --
    • #1 : Bank space
    • #2 : Cosmetic bag/closet/tab
    • #3 : Graphics tweak, map update
    • #4 : Player housing, extra storage means

GAMEPLAY
    • --
    • #1 : Less Lag OBV
    • #2 : More Variability in Armor/Weapons
    • #3 : Kobold Iconic (Do it!)
    • #4 : More Eberron Content + More Classic PnP Content (Modules)
    • #5 : Finish older Plotlines (Droaam P3?)
    • #6 : Warmaster/Warlord 3.5 becomes last full class added to game, after Alchemist. Melee addition. 16 classes even, 16 tile icons.

WONT EVER HAPPEN
    • --
    • #1 : A pack I think up gets thru lelelelele...
    • #2 : Re-Done Epic Threnal to match Epic Delera (Epic Level 25) to make Epic Master's Gift combo Diamond Aug Level 30.
    • #3 : More Transparency from SSG.
    • #4 : Server Merge / Mass Server Transfer to reduced server count, boosting per-server population.
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!

Smile Some old timers still wish for recrafting the beloved classic adventure classes

For the sake of the original roleplay, adventuring, sessions of those true D&D nerd old timer DDO gamers. What would I wish if I knew the dear Developers would read the wishlist.

Adventuring class revamp or a new universal tree ,specially created for and only open to Rogue, Fighter and Barbarian classes. (Similar versions for those classes). These classes should not have to multiclass other caster, ranged, universal trees till eternity. Each of these classes shall be strong and flexible enough to solo without diving deep in to outer enhancements, feats, without investing ridiclous amounts of gear even at level 1 heroic to epic heriocs at solo. (Epic destinies are as if class themselves. Multi classing universal trees or or power ups from other trees/races should only be an option ; not a must)

The classic combat oriented classes:

Giving these three original adventuring frontline classes what they deserve.

Eg: If I wish to play with a good example of a well developed , satisfactory tree/class such as Vistani, Inquisitive, Falconer... class or race doesnt even mean a thing. Past the extreme gear bonuses top of that. Classes should not be redundant at all. Cookie cutter Enhancement or Specialties or limited number of Named gear shouldnt dominate the entire game. For now, a build means only these three. Not the class, nor the build itself.

Noticable bonuses to amount of skill points and feats gained only for those classes or their universal versions. These should be exclusive to overperforming ranged and caster classes and universal trees.

Eg: Rogues able to be using all martial weapons with extra bonuses to any combat style same without restricting them to staves, knives etc... Skill pool enlarged, reworked, survival and stealth/non detection skills and dissorientation abilites, shined. This class is meant to be the top versatile, survivor class.

Giving further extra bonuses to off hand proc chance and strikethrough chance at all Rogue and Fighter and Barbarian trees.

Fighter automatically learning all types of weapons and using anytime without swapping feats nor entire enhancement trees. Combat tactics improved, variety at armor types. This class is meant to be the top warrior.

Barbarian rage, resistances, speed reworked. Grossly outdated and gimped. These class is meant to be the best contestant, head to head with Fighter.

Rogue, Barbarian, Fighter passive and stacking movement and combat speed bonuses peaking over all other Optional combat ; originally support/caster/wing man classes. and their universal versions...Full BAB and complete solo adventuring abilites given same as Warlock's , Arttificers, Alchemist's, Eldricht's BAB= character bonuses ...top of the Universal trees I have mentioned above.

Giving the original, classic adventuring classes (or their improved versions for sale, if you please) overall better defined and bigger skill, feat pool and use m device abilites. Better defined combat and non combat feats and skill bonuses. Much better performance.

An empty shell,a dead beast, stuffed with anything other than the original class itself

Since its pretty much a masochist attempt to use these three classes without pouring allmost entire AP to , said, OP trees from other clases right now, (Eg. Vistani, Inquisitive, WL, Fvs, Monk, Artificier, Eldricht Knight etc etc) using outer resources to re-fill the enhancement power up is more profitable. The 'Class life' allways ends up an , empty shell ,filled with, non class enhancements from all the 'support and optional universal' trees. Pretty much a fail for the cause.

These original, classic, adventuring classes should be stronger by their own specialties. Not inferior to cookie cutter templates/gear from other enhancement trees and similar sources.

*Notes about some other classes/trees.

Please Archmage as a fleshy version of Palemaster. A generalist (multiple school bonuses) mage with meditate ability out of combat sp/hp; summoning a choice of permanent summon from enhancements. Echoes; Sp pool regen higher than 30, instead of broken 12-14. Adding Umd equal to wizard level at T5 or further cores. Healing amplification if possible. In other words anything positive at related epic destiny feats , please reflected to Heroic character aswell.

Please Ranger class Favored enemy rework. Eg: Reclassing all Humanoids under less number of feats as much as Orc, Goblin like races. Outsiders under a single feat. Combining Reptile and Monstrous humanoids (?). Merging up the lesser picked Plant, Vermin, Ooze, Magical beast, Fey feats under less number of favored enemy feats (?). Once again for the heroics. Spreading extra FEs all across non class universal trees is pretty much ruining it.

Other ideas.

Giving all classes 'Follower' or companion same as Palemaster, Artificer etc class/trees (Basically permanent lever pullers). Instead of use and dump paper dish value hirelings.

Call companion: Rogue's apprentice. Fighter's varlet. Barbarian's beastly companion etc.

Non combat options to gameplay, roleplay.

A new approach to gaming. There could be further non magical classes and abilites.

Eg: New classes/trees that boost non magical healing, repair; boosting the least/unused skills, feats to buff/fix the team-self.

The point is not having the top gear, latest uni tree nor newest raid gear set but the basic class itself being satisfactory and having a good time at our beloved Dungeons and dragons online game with fellow, roleplaying gamers.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-08-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Thumbs up

Another wish would be around non combat at DDO.

About questing. New type of quests with less or even no combat but using our character skills, having conversations, surviving a journey, giving right decisions, picking the right route (these could be alternative routes branching through the quests, unlocking new options and even different ending to quests.

New character abilities that let the gamers neutralise opponents without even fighting. (Pops up dialogue at party chat screen: 'Bandits agree to let you pass, accepting your gifts' or 'Bandits are terrified of you and backed off'. Working as if Banishment or Enchantment spell but instead of direct combat, the new specailties adds roleplay options to bypass any type of hostility between the player team and the npc team.

(The game would virtually recognise it as if the npc are beaten without the requirement of physical combat. Virtually this type of gameplay would be based on roleplay. Best for single play. Better for any team who would enjoy a break to run a boss combat, raid a billionth time. (More patient players might pick this route instead of running and fist fighting every inch of DDO realms. It would be optional)

A functional virtual life roleplay at DDO.

Roleplay activites at livegame. Housing (More of common areas through settlements and wilderness areas, various, shared npc and player living spaces, settlemnts, same as Lotro. Deeper feeling of open world virtual life when soloing or interacting with other npcs and players alike.

Professions to let the player roleplay , a different branch of set of skills, enhancements, destinies. Anything from gathering to husbandry, farming, craftsmanship. May involve housing, clothing, special trade goods to trade between realms.

Trade game other than production. Carrying endemic specialties to carry through safe or dangerous routes to trade and barter with npc and player settlers (or bandits; taking role at bandit activities). Functional reputation gains, losses by roleplaying the character.

Anything you can imagine about a virtual life at Eberron (and other realms at DDO).

Sign , ancient ddo gamer revisiting beloved DDO. (2009- rv 2016- Back new)

Have a nice one. Stay well.

(This link's for the laughs!) :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5OxWXbB5vw
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-08-2023 at 04:52 AM.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet.

Please fix the sticky ladder bug in 2023.

Thank you.

Lots of wishes, but I'll sum it up in only one.

*BLEEP* COMMUNICATE WITH *BLEEP* PLAYERBASE!!!!

K, THNX, BYE.

Lightbulb

Alot of cool ideas here that I like . Iconic dwarf artificer . a female looking warforged . a melee tree for warlocks . for new race I have suggested Yaun-ti pureblood . for new archtypes I suggest Hexblade for warlock . and swarmkeeper for ranger .

personally Im a big fan of AD&D ravenloft and a would like to see the other domains of dread besides barovia but i totally understand if they never do it .

I think an expansion to the sands of menachturun could potentally be really cool
    Last edited by shmagmhar; 01-08-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Community Member

If only it actually worked that way. This is a creative process and frankly the clear lack of coordination and control over development is readilly apparent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast