Thread: Sound Issues

Community Member

Default Sound Issues

Hi all,

I am having issues with the game sound. Recently, I noticed that it is starting to send loud hisses and clicks and staticky sounds, particularly in battles, when lots is going on. I thought it might be my speakers, but it tried others and same thing, and I think it is specifically the DDO app that is causing this, because other apps do not. I tried playing with system sound settings and DDO sound settings, but nothing seems to make a difference.

Am wondering: others experiencing the same? Maybe this is due to recent update/patches?

Others have similar experiences? Can recommend fix or update?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    -Ozmar the Sound Impaired
    I can has no signature. Alas!

Community Member

Through testing, it seems that the issue is isolated to the Sound Effect Volume. As a warlock, I have a lot of that, and it happens when I shoot my eldritch blast, which I do a lot.

I turned Sound Effects Vol to 0 and it seems to have gone away. Would still like to understand how to fix it, though.

-Ozmar the Silent Blaster

Hi Ozmar,

I assume you have all sound drivers updated?
    Did anythiung change before this started to happen or was it out of the blue?

The DDO client is kind of weird concerning sound. Here is a thread that lists some more options to check. Maybe it helps. https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...-sound-problem

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    The DDO client is kind of weird concerning sound. Here is a thread that lists some more options to check. Maybe it helps. https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...-sound-problem
    Awesome! That had all the info and it worked beautifully. It seems the underlying issue was due to device manager constantly trying to connect to a usb device that was not working very well. Disabling the device fixed the sound issues.

Thanks for the link! That is good info. I love it when I can fix something on a computer and I actually understand what the cause was. (As opposed to "it just went away".)

-Ozmar the Grateful

Glad it worked.
    Have fun storming the castle as a friend used to say.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)