Default Stuck in the game. I don't know how to move on to the next area.

It's the area right after the beginning village. There are three areas where I can't get into the dungeons. The game is fun, and there is potential.

One of the dungeons was finished before I could click the Finish button was where you fight the water monsters and try to protect the end human from being murdered by the water monsters and his warforged is there to protect him. And the human dies.

Lord of the Rings Online was the other game I was playing. It was an archer or a mage healer damage dealer that I could play.
    Last edited by Scottster; 12-28-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
    It's the area right after the beginning village. There are three areas where I can't get into the dungeons. The game is fun, and there is potential.

One of the dungeons was finished before I could click the Finish button was where you fight the water monsters and try to protect the end human from being murdered by the water monsters and his warforged is there to protect him. And the human dies.

Lord of the Rings Online was the other game I was playing. It was an archer or a mage healer damage dealer that I could play.
    That would a quest called "Redemption" If Lars dies, quest fails.
    Welcome to DDO

You have to keep that Human alive. It can help if you bring along a Cleric hireling from town, and assign it to defend him.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    That would a quest called "Redemption" If Lars dies, quest fails.
    Welcome to DDO
    I tried to heal him. It wouldn't let me. I like playing cleric. I thought Lars is supposed to die. I thought you can't progress in the game unless he survives.

I tried to heal him. It wouldn't let me. I like playing cleric. I thought Lars is supposed to die. I thought you can't progress in the game unless he survives.
    As a player Lars is hard to target in the thick of battle to heal. If you are a cleric get the barbarian warforged hireling in Korthos, set him on aggressive (click the crossed swords on his action bar) and let him fight, you target Lars at the beginning of the fight and just heal him from on top of the alchemy table towards the back of the room.

Welcome to DDO.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Shift tactics. Use your intim to draw agro away from him. The Sahuagin have very low stats, easy to intim even for a cleric

Don't worry too much about it, that might be the only protection quest left that SSG has not nerfed yet.

Welcome to the game!

One of the dungeons was finished before I could click the Finish button was where you fight the water monsters and...
    If you hit the [x] button, the "experience" screen will pop up, and at the top of that will be the actual name of the quest you are currently in. (Lots of other info too!)

I thought you can't progress in the game unless he survives.
    You can't progress to the final quest in that chain, Misery's Peak, without finishing that quest. However, you can certainly go to the mainland (via an NPC on the Korthos docks) and progress there with other quests and other chains.

Unlike LOTRO, in DDO there is no single "plot line" that everyone is expected to follow or return to. As in many D&D tabletop games, it's your choice what quests/dungeons you accept, and which you walk away from.

Ask more questions if you need to, np, we'll be here, the game is not 100% intuitive.

Haff fun stomin da cassul!
    o/