Thread: Reaper Rewards

Default Reaper Rewards

I have been thinking about trying to get the reaper rewards this season but i have hit a bit of dilemma. When people are advising favor rewards, they always say run elite content in Heroic as epic elite is much more difficult, but when people are asking advice on Reaper rewards they get told to farm reaper points at cap. Surely this is contradictory.

I don't really run reaper at cap on the live servers, but thought i would give it a go just to see what reaper points i would get. Bearing in mind my toon is lvl 31, i decided to run Death house solo on R1 and got about 234 reaper points, i also died 3 times (which on HC would send me to the land of the lost).

If i was going for 20 reaper points that would be 400,000 i would need to farm and using the basis of death house, i would need to run that quest 1,710 times which doesn't really sound like the quickest way to farm reaper points.
    (I do realize that we are getting 20% more reaper points this season, but even than it would still need to run the quest over 1,400 times to get the reaper reward)

I am definitely sure i am missing something, so hopefully some kind soul can explain what i have got wrong and what is the safest and quickest way to get 20 reaper points

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sturmbb View Post
    I have been thinking about trying to get the reaper rewards this season but i have hit a bit of dilemma. When people are advising favor rewards, they always say run elite content in Heroic as epic elite is much more difficult, but when people are asking advice on Reaper rewards they get told to farm reaper points at cap. Surely this is contradictory.

I don't really run reaper at cap on the live servers, but thought i would give it a go just to see what reaper points i would get. Bearing in mind my toon is lvl 31, i decided to run Death house solo on R1 and got about 234 reaper points, i also died 3 times (which on HC would send me to the land of the lost).

If i was going for 20 reaper points that would be 400,000 i would need to farm and using the basis of death house, i would need to run that quest 1,710 times which doesn't really sound like the quickest way to farm reaper points.
    (I do realize that we are getting 20% more reaper points this season, but even than it would still need to run the quest over 1,400 times to get the reaper reward)

I am definitely sure i am missing something, so hopefully some kind soul can explain what i have got wrong and what is the safest and quickest way to get 20 reaper points
    People run 30+ easy quests on r4 at cap on hardcore because it’s a lot of reaper points compared to running heroics on r1-3 while levelling. It’s a time vs effort thing. And in a group r4 is pretty trivial. Personally I think it’s a cheese way to accumulate reaper points and wish in HCL the x2 for 30+ would be turned off as it is not a challenge and ppl only do it for the easy route. I prefer to get all my reaper points while levelling. It makes the experience and the reward of achieving that goal much greater. And most of the time I solo, like you.

Community Member

Run R4 legendary quests, in a full group, with XP pot going. You'll get your points. Bear in mind though that this gets harder the longer you are into the season because the players going for reaper points will have hit their marks and there will be very few LFMs (if you don't have a static group) for R4 reapers. And of course, there is also the natural attrition of players dying. Whenever you see a L29+ character die they aren't easy to replace on the server population.

I would not suggest running reaper in heroics. A handful of R4 Ravenloft quests that you'll be zerging thru will equal everything you get from heroic reaper 1-19. You will no doubt have noticed the number one killer of PCs was those Carnage and Famine reapers at L5. Don't be that player! If you absolutely feel you must run heroic reaper I'd wait till you farm out either a full set of Feywild or Ravenloft gear. Even then, if you aren't playing a class that has a self-heal that can get past the R1 penalty, I just don't see it being worth the risk.

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member

I am level 19 in hc and got 9 reaper points while still finishing level 15 quests. This allows me to stop playing at level 20 and getting 4 of 5 hc rewards (in case I wanted).

Elite is very easy specially this seasson unlike in hc6. Reaper 1 is also very easy most of the times. I don't have all expansions otherwise I would have get 10 reaper points already. Me and others in the ranking of reaper are also in heroics still. Most people who die against reapers in heroics are characters with very low hp and not many defenses. Dying against traps can happen in elite or reaper.
    Last edited by Hanul; 01-03-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Community Member

Why would you want to stop playing at level 20? It's the journey, not the destination.

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Why would you want to stop playing at level 20? It's the journey, not the destination.
    I did not decide it yet, but if there is not enough people at that level range then it would be difficult to stay alive doing reaper at epics. Staying alive would enable you to stay in the rankings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hanul View Post
    I did not decide it yet, but if there is not enough people at that level range then it would be difficult to stay alive doing reaper at epics. Staying alive would enable you to stay in the rankings.
    Fair point. Epics are starting to get a bit sparse for playing.

I am Awesomesauce!