Default Requesting Advice On Dwarf Cleric

I just dusted off a level 4 Dwarf Cleric on Cannith that I haven't played since 2011. For some reason, I had splashed a level of Ranger (for swords and bows maybe). I have no idea what build I was aiming for back then. I could use some ideas for a First Life 32 pt build for a Lawful Good Dwarf Light Cleric.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Osco; 12-26-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Late here, about to log, but wanted to be clear (for tomorrow) - you want to effectively ignore the level of Ranger, and go Cleric the rest of the way? Are you going to rebuild via a Lesser HoW (and if so, what level did you take Ranger*), or try to muddle through as-is (and if so, what are your stats/etc)?

(* Visit Fred, he can tell you)

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Late here, about to log, but wanted to be clear (for tomorrow) - you want to effectively ignore the level of Ranger, and go Cleric the rest of the way? Are you going to rebuild via a Lesser HoW (and if so, what level did you take Ranger*), or try to muddle through as-is (and if so, what are your stats/etc)?

(* Visit Fred, he can tell you)
    I have no idea why I took Ranger, it's been so long, so I have no qualms about getting a +1 Heart of Wood to get rid of it. I'm leaning towards reincarnation since my feats were taken so long ago. If I didn't reincarnate, my current stats are 14/8/16/8/20/10. I'll go ask Fred tonight about when I took ranger.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    I have no idea why I took Ranger, it's been so long, so I have no qualms about getting a +1 Heart of Wood to get rid of it. I'm leaning towards reincarnation since my feats were taken so long ago. If I didn't reincarnate, my current stats are 14/8/16/8/20/10. I'll go ask Fred tonight about when I took ranger.
    If it's a first life character I'd say just reroll if only level 4, don't buy a +1 heart. Level 4 you can get back to in no time.

Dunno if you were trying for some kind of bow user cleric? I pretty much never ever see those. Don't know how well they work nowadays.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

If you're only level 4, normally I'd just say delete & reroll; but if this is a very old toon, you might have some nice freebies accumulated over the years, such as extra Hearts of Wood or Raider's Boxes. So definitely check your inventory first.

Did you want a caster or melee build? Do you have any P2P features like the Falconry tree?
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you're only level 4, normally I'd just say delete & reroll; but if this is a very old toon, you might have some nice freebies accumulated over the years, such as extra Hearts of Wood or Raider's Boxes. So definitely check your inventory first.

Did you want a caster or melee build? Do you have any P2P features like the Falconry tree?
    Yeah, I have a +20 heart of wood, +1 Tome of Destiny, and Celestia from a Raider's Box. I was going for a melee build, being a dwarf. I do have the Feydark and Falconry trees.

EDIT: I took Ranger at level 2, according to Fred. Looking at my Feats, this was to get Favored Enemy: Undead and Martial Weapons.
    Last edited by Osco; 12-27-2022 at 05:09 PM.

There are a couple reasons to mix Ranger with Cleric

1. Skill access - More points and more Class Skills
    2. Bow Strength
    3. Favored Enemy
    4. The Martial Weapons Feat

Based on just having one Ranger I would guess this was for the Martial Weapons feat. Why? Well for Dwarves the Dwarven War Axe is considered a Martial Weapon. Clerics don't get that "All Encompassing" feat so would be limited to still needing 1) Master Touch 2) Taking the Dwarven War Axe Feat 3) War Domain or 4) Splashing a class that gets the Martial Weapons feat (such as Ranger)

I agree that I would first consider just taking Cleric levels from this point on, but I will point out that since this is a 2011 Cleric you will be missing out on Domains. This can be corrected with a simple Lesser Reincarnation (no pluses needed) as this will relevel you and allow you to pick a Domain. If a Lesser TR is not an option, going to 30 and doing an Epic Reincarnation would also give you access (it is just that you won't have access to Domain abilities)

If the goal is to simply get this character to 20 and Reincarnate than the 1 ranger level will not be a deterrent to that goal. However, if you don't want to delete and want to take/keep this character at cap a +1 would allow you to go full cleric and gain all the bells and whistles of a 20 cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    There are a couple reasons to mix Ranger with Cleric

1. Skill access - More points and more Class Skills
    2. Bow Strength
    3. Favored Enemy
    4. The Martial Weapons Feat

Based on just having one Ranger I would guess this was for the Martial Weapons feat. Why? Well for Dwarves the Dwarven War Axe is considered a Martial Weapon. Clerics don't get that "All Encompassing" feat so would be limited to still needing 1) Master Touch 2) Taking the Dwarven War Axe Feat 3) War Domain or 4) Splashing a class that gets the Martial Weapons feat (such as Ranger)

I agree that I would first consider just taking Cleric levels from this point on, but I will point out that since this is a 2011 Cleric you will be missing out on Domains. This can be corrected with a simple Lesser Reincarnation (no pluses needed) as this will relevel you and allow you to pick a Domain. If a Lesser TR is not an option, going to 30 and doing an Epic Reincarnation would also give you access (it is just that you won't have access to Domain abilities)

If the goal is to simply get this character to 20 and Reincarnate than the 1 ranger level will not be a deterrent to that goal. However, if you don't want to delete and want to take/keep this character at cap a +1 would allow you to go full cleric and gain all the bells and whistles of a 20 cleric.

Thanks! I had no idea what a Domain was, so checked the wiki. I have two or three Lesser Hearts of Wood, so I'll keep the one level of Ranger at 2, and go with the Good path. The idea behind the character is to specialize in fighting undead. Is there a Dwarven cleric build that you would recommend I adapt?

...and go with the Good path. The idea behind the character is to specialize in fighting undead. Is there a Dwarven cleric build that you would recommend I adapt?
    Hold off - not all the Domains are as good as they appear, and some are better than you'd think at first glance, depending what you're aiming for.

The good news is that even w/ a "wasted" level of Ranger*, leveling is MUCH easier now than it was years ago, so you'll make 20 no problem no matter which way you go. (Just be sure, as any vet will tell you, to not try to be good at both melee and caster (at least not 1st life!), as you'll be inadequate at both.)

(* @ Level 2, Jump 5, then the rest depend if you want to chase a(nother) skill that is cross-class for cleric or not (Search? Spot?). Depends on how many Skill Points you have to spare.)

If you're looking for a melee build, try something like this:
    o The Classic (will need to be tweaked to suit this sitch, no mauls) https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post5518865

o sim thread w/ several suggestions: https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post6170545

If you're looking for a caster/blaster build*, here:
    o https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post6531883

o https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post6367490 (thread is for Fire domain (w/ Dragonborn), Death is pro'ly better for Dwarf & Leveling)

(* Yes, w Ranger the loss of 1 Caster level will hurt a ~little~, but not a big deal if you're just getting to 20)

I have no idea why I took Ranger...
    There are many old builds that used Ranger. 2-weapon-fighting used to be more popular, and ~6 levels of Ranger were commonly splashed onto almost(?) anything else to achieve such.

Or something like these*:
    o 2WF for dwaxe https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post5735686

o Ranged: https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post5854374

(* These would now pro'ly be considered "obsolete", but only in that 1) there are higher DPS options (and DPS is king ), and 2) there are now better ways to do the same thing. These builds would still get you to 20 without a problem, just "not as fast" as some newer options.)

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

...there are higher DPS options (and DPS is king ), and 2) there are now better ways to do the same thing. These builds would still get you to 20 without a problem, just "not as fast" as some newer options.)
    Since my playtime is sporadic, I would be doing most of my leveling solo. This makes a good case for building for DPS. Is a caster cleric better than a melee cleric in this situation? I'd like to be able to heal when in groups, but don't really see that being often. (I'm deaf, so can't use voice coms.) I see talk about going heavy into Divine Disciple with a good bit in Falconry. Is this something I should aim for?

I found this build in Strimtom's Hardcore Season 5 thread: https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...uilds-Season-5 I'll just need to see if I can spice up the DPS using Falconry.

Code:
    Character name: FREE TO PLAY Sun Domain Cleric
    Classes: 20 Cleric, 10 Epic
    Race: Dwarf · · · · · · · ·Alignment: Neutral

Solo: 4/5
    Party: 4/5
    Main Features: Heals for yourself, heals for you allies, AND burning monsters with the light of the sun? That's right. It's that good. If you need more, please see this video. 

· · ·Start Tome Final · · ·Incorp:· · ·0% · · ·Displacement:· · 0%
    Str:· · 12· · 0 · ·43 · · ·HP:· · · ·2223 · · ·AC:· · ·7
    Dex:· · ·8· · 0 · · 8 · · ·PRR: · · · ·60
    Con:· · 16· · 0 · ·39 · · ·MRR: · · · · 5 · · ·+Healing Amp:· ·150
    Int:· · 10· · 0 · ·10 · · ·Dodge: · 12/25 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · ·0
    Wis:· · 16· · 0 · · 8 · · ·Fort:· · · ·0% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · ·0
    Cha:· · 12· · 0 · · 6 · · ·SR:· · · · · 0 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 30
    DR: 10% · 2%
    Immunities: Fear

Class and Feat Selection
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
    1 · · Cleric(1) · · · ·Standard: Maximize Spell
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Follower of Faith: Follower of Aureon
    2 · · Cleric(2) · · · ·Domain: Sun Domain Tier I
    3 · · Cleric(3) · · · ·Standard: Quicken Spell
    4 · · Cleric(4) · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    5 · · Cleric(5) · · · ·Domain Feat: Sun Domain Tier II
    6 · · Cleric(6) · · · ·Standard: Empower Spell
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Deity: Aureon's Instruction
    7 · · Cleric(7) · · · ·
    8 · · Cleric(8) · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    9 · · Cleric(9) · · · ·Standard: Spell Focus: Evocation
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Domain Feat: Sun Domain Tier III
    10· · Cleric(10)· · · ·
    11· · Cleric(11)· · · ·
    12· · Cleric(12)· · · ·Standard: Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    13· · Cleric(13)· · · ·
    14· · Cleric(14)· · · ·Domain Feat: Sun Domain Tier IV
    15· · Cleric(15)· · · ·Standard: Heighten Spell
    16· · Cleric(16)· · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    17· · Cleric(17)· · · ·
    18· · Cleric(18)· · · ·Standard: Toughness
    19· · Cleric(19)· · · ·
    20· · Cleric(20)· · · ·Wisdom: +1 Level up
    21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Wellspring of Power
    22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Epic Spell Power: Light
    23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
    24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Intensify Spell
    25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Epic Spell Power: Fire
    26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
    27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Burst of Glacial Wrath
    28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Deific Warding
    29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
    30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Epic Damage Reduction
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of Celestia

Skills
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Skill Points· · · 8 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2· 2 ·2
    Skill Name· · · ·01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20· Total Buffed
    Balance · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 24.0
    Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·8.0
    Concentration · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 24.0
    Diplomacy · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·8.0
    Disable Device· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Haggle· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·8.0
    Heal· · · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · ·9.0
    Hide· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·8.0
    Jump· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 49.0
    Listen· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Move Silently · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Open Lock · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Perform · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·8.0
    Repair· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Search· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 12.0
    Spell Craft · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 10.0
    Spot· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Swim· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 49.0
    Tumble· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Use Magic Device· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 19.0
    Available Points· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0

Enhancements: 80 APs
    Dwarf - Points spent: 13
     1 Core ·(1) Toughness I
     2 Core ·(2) Constitution I
     3 Core ·(1) Toughness II
     4 Core ·(2) Constitution II
     5 Core ·(1) Toughness III
     6 Tier2 (2) Child of the Mountain
     7 Tier2 (2) Child of the Mountain
     8 Tier2 (2) Child of the Mountain
    Divine Disciple - Points spent: 54
     1 Core ·(1) Emissary: Divine Emissary of Light
     2 Tier1 (1) Prophetic Zenith I: Nimbus of Light
     3 Tier1 (1) Prophetic Zenith I: Nimbus of Light
     4 Tier1 (1) Prophetic Zenith I: Nimbus of Light
     5 Tier1 (2) Spell Criticals I: Spell Critical: Light
     6 Tier1 (1) Spellpower I: Spellpower: Universal
     7 Tier1 (1) Spellpower I: Spellpower: Universal
     8 Core ·(1) Sacred Defense
     9 Tier1 (1) Spellpower I: Spellpower: Universal
    10 Core ·(1) Divine Spell Knowledge I: Sun Bolt
    11 Tier2 (1) Spellpower II: Spellpower: Universal
    12 Tier2 (1) Spellpower II: Spellpower: Universal
    13 Tier2 (1) Spellpower II: Spellpower: Universal
    14 Tier3 (1) Spellpower III: Spellpower: Universal
    15 Tier3 (1) Spellpower III: Spellpower: Universal
    16 Tier3 (1) Spellpower III: Spellpower: Universal
    17 Tier2 (2) Spell Criticals II: Spell Critical: Light
    18 Tier3 (2) Spell Criticals III: Spell Critical: Light
    19 Core ·(1) Divine Spell Knowledge II: Sunbeam
    20 Tier3 (2) Wisdom I
    21 Tier4 (2) Wisdom II
    22 Tier4 (2) Spell Criticals IV: Spell Critical: Light
    23 Tier4 (1) Prophetic Zenith III: Holy Smite
    24 Tier4 (1) Prophetic Zenith III: Holy Smite
    25 Tier4 (1) Prophetic Zenith III: Holy Smite
    26 Tier4 (2) DC or Spellpower I: Spell DC: Evocation
    27 Core ·(1) Divine Spell Knowledge III: Sunburst
    28 Tier5 (2) DC or Spellpower II: Spell DC: Evocation
    29 Tier5 (2) Divine Empowerment
    30 Tier5 (1) Prophetic Zenith IV: Flame Strike
    31 Tier5 (1) Prophetic Zenith IV: Flame Strike
    32 Tier5 (1) Prophetic Zenith IV: Flame Strike
    33 Core ·(1) Transcendence: Transcend Light
    34 Tier2 (2) Efficient Metamagic: Efficient Quicken
    35 Tier2 (2) Efficient Metamagic: Efficient Quicken
    36 Tier2 (2) Efficient Metamagic: Efficient Quicken
    37 Tier3 (2) Efficient Metamagic: Efficient Maximize
    38 Tier3 (2) Efficient Metamagic: Efficient Maximize
    39 Tier3 (2) Efficient Metamagic: Efficient Maximize
    Radiant Servant - Points spent: 13
     1 Core ·(1) Healing Power
     2 Tier1 (1) Divine Aid I
     3 Tier1 (1) Altruism
     4 Tier1 (1) Altruism
     5 Tier1 (1) Altruism
     6 Core ·(1) Cure Moderate Wounds
     7 Tier2 (1) Improved Turning
     8 Tier2 (1) Improved Turning
     9 Tier2 (1) Improved Turning
    10 Tier1 (1) Bliss
    11 Core ·(1) Positive Energy Burst
    12 Tier3 (2) Ability I: +1 Wisdom
    Epic Destinies: 40 APs
    Unyielding Sentinel - Points spent: 1
     1 Core ·(1) Ever Watchful
    Draconic Incarnation - Points spent: 14
     1 Core ·(1) Draconic Bloodline: Draconic Bloodline: Red
     2 Tier1 (1) Arcane Studies
     3 Tier1 (1) Arcane Studies
     4 Tier1 (1) Arcane Studies
     5 Tier1 (1) Dragonhide
     6 Core ·(1) Draconic Heritage
     7 Tier2 (1) Coalescence
     8 Tier2 (1) Coalescence
     9 Tier2 (1) Coalescence
    10 Tier1 (1) Dragonhide
    11 Core ·(1) Elemental Blood
    12 Tier1 (1) Dragonhide
    13 Tier3 (2) Scales of the Dragon
    Exalted Angel - Points spent: 37
     1 Core ·(1) Astral Touch
     2 Tier1 (2) Angelic Form
     3 Tier1 (1) Avenging Magic: Sun Pillar
     4 Tier1 (1) Bane of Undeath
     5 Core ·(1) Deepening Faith
     6 Tier2 (1) Saving Grace
     7 Tier2 (1) Saving Grace
     8 Tier2 (1) Saving Grace
     9 Tier1 (1) Bane of Undeath
    10 Core ·(1) Angelic Charge
    11 Tier3 (1) Holy Presence
    12 Tier3 (1) Purity of Mind and Soul
    13 Tier3 (1) Purity of Mind and Soul
    14 Tier3 (1) Purity of Mind and Soul
    15 Tier3 (1) Noble Affinity: Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
    16 Tier3 (1) Angelic Spell Focus: Evocation
    17 Tier3 (1) Angelic Spell Focus: Evocation
    18 Tier3 (1) Angelic Spell Focus: Evocation
    19 Tier3 (1) Shadows Upon You
    20 Tier4 (1) Enhanced Metamagics: Enhanced Metamagics: Maximize
    21 Tier4 (1) Enhanced Metamagics: Enhanced Metamagics: Maximize
    22 Tier4 (1) Enhanced Metamagics: Enhanced Metamagics: Maximize
    23 Tier4 (1) Angelic Soul
    24 Tier4 (1) Holy Command
    25 Tier4 (2) Blood and Radiance
    26 Tier1 (1) Subtle Flame
    27 Tier1 (1) Subtle Flame
    28 Tier1 (1) Subtle Flame
    29 Tier5 (1) Enhanced Angelic Spell Focus
    30 Tier5 (1) Enhanced Angelic Spell Focus
    31 Tier5 (1) Enhanced Angelic Spell Focus
    32 Tier5 (2) Heavenly Magic: Holy Fireball
    33 Tier5 (2) Enhanced Metamagics: Epic Improved Intensify
    Spell Power · · · · · · ·Base · ·Critical Chance· · Critical Multiplier.
    Acid· · · · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Light/Alignment · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Cold· · · · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Electric· · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Evil· · · · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Fire· · · · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Force/Untyped · · · · · · 110 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Negative· · · · · · · · · ·89 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Physical· · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Poison· · · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Positive· · · · · · · · · ·89 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Repair· · · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Rust· · · · · · · · · · · ·90 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0
    Sonic · · · · · · · · · · ·88 · · · 0%· · · · · · · · ·0

Spells· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · School· · · · ·DC
    Cleric Spells
    L1: Bless · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · ·9
    L1: Command · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · ·9
    L1: Nightshield · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · ·9
    L1: Nimbus of Light · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · ·9
    L1: Remove Fear · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · ·9
    L1: Shield of Faith · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · ·9
    L2: Deific Vengeance· · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 10
    L2: Lesser Restoration· · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 10
    L2: Resist Energy · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 10
    L2: Soundburst· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 10
    L2: Spawn Screen· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Necromancy· · · 10
    L3: Magic Circle Against Evil · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 11
    L3: Prayer· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 11
    L3: Protection From Energy· · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 11
    L3: Remove Curse· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 11
    L3: Searing Light · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 11
    L4: Death Ward· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 12
    L4: Divine Power· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 12
    L4: Freedom of Movement · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 12
    L4: Holy Smite· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 12
    L4: Shield of Faith, Mass · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 12
    L5: Break Enchantment · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 13
    L5: Divine Punishment · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 13
    L5: Flame Strike· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 13
    L5: Protection from Elements· · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 13
    L5: True Seeing · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Divination· · · 13
    L6: Cometfall · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 14
    L6: Greater Dispel Magic· · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 14
    L6: Heal· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 14
    L6: Heroes' Feast · · · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 14
    L6: Word of Recall· · · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 14
    L7: Destruction · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Necromancy· · · 15
    L7: Greater Restoration · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 15
    L7: Protection from Elements, Mass· · · · · Abjuration· · · 15
    L7: Restoration, Mass · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 15
    L7: Spell Resistance, Mass· · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 15
    L8: Death Ward, Mass· · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 16
    L8: Fire Storm· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 16
    L8: Holy Aura · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L8: Inflict Critical Wounds, Mass · · · · · Necromancy· · · 16
    L8: Summon Monster VIII · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 16
    L9: Celestial Bombardment · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 17
    L9: Divine Wrath· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Unknown · · · · ·0
    L9: Energy Drain· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Necromancy· · · 17
    L9: Implosion · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 17
    L9: Summon Monster IX · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 17

I found this build in Strimtom's Hardcore Season 5 thread: https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...uilds-Season-5 I'll just need to see if I can spice up the DPS using Falconry.
    That's a caster-blaster. If you want a WIS-based melee cleric, then you'll probable be looking for something like Axel's build. Eberron races like dwarves can't take Silvanus as their deity, though, so a different weapon makes more sense.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I saw that one, but decided against it since it wanted PDK or Aassimr (also, it wants Chaotic alignment). I was watching Strimtom play the caster Sun cleric, and it looks like I'm going to need to learn to bunny hop backwards, while my summoned monster and hireling tank when I'm solo. Since I'm deaf, I can't use voice comms, so I probably won't be grouping unless I can find a casual guild on Cannith that can accommodate that.

Non-Silvanus battleclerics work fine too, they just don't get that tasty +2 crit range bonus to mauls. Two big advantages of War domain are it grants all weapon proficiencies at level 5 and Holy Sword spell at level 14, so you can wield anything. And the silver lining to the Warpriest tree being, well, bad is it doesn't matter so much if you give up Favored weapon bonuses. Though FYI dwarven battleclerics could use dwarven axes as Favored weapons thanks to their racial enhancement.