Thread: Night revels

Community Member

Default Night revels

Anyone know why Night Revels is still up on HC (and key chests are dropping in quests).

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoWondering View Post
    Anyone know why Night Revels is still up on HC (and key chests are dropping in quests).
    Personally, I'm not concerned about why it's still running.

I just want it turned off.

Community Member

The same mob in Night Revels cost me two characters this time around.

Starts with L and ends with ich!

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    The same mob in Night Revels cost me two characters this time around.

Starts with L and ends with ich!
    I think the solution to bosses like that (and NR quests in general) on HC is to not run them much above the lowest levels. If the boss doesn't have any insta-kill spells, it's hard(er) to get one-shotted.

I solo on a dedicated L7 Warlock*, droploot plus KotB caster sticks, and crush it np. Don't take 8, stay at 7.

(* Lots of ways you could build it - mine is HElf (w/ Paladin Dilettante for +Saving Throws), 18 Cha, Fiend pact (for -4 to their Fort ST), Max+Empower + Resilience; Utterdark + Cone, Max+Emp Consume & Stricken for champs/bosses. GOO (for Entangle) or Fey (Dark Delirium; add Perform skill) would work too. )

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    I think the solution to bosses like that (and NR quests in general) on HC is to not run them much above the lowest levels. If the boss doesn't have any insta-kill spells, it's hard(er) to get one-shotted.

I solo on a dedicated L7 Warlock*, droploot plus KotB caster sticks, and crush it np. Don't take 8, stay at 7.

(* Lots of ways you could build it - mine is HElf (w/ Paladin Dilettante for +Saving Throws), 18 Cha, Fiend pact (for -4 to their Fort ST), Max+Empower + Resilience; Utterdark + Cone, Max+Emp Consume & Stricken for champs/bosses. GOO (for Entangle) or Fey (Dark Delirium; add Perform skill) would work too. )
    I think the Bard died to Blindness followed by back to back Chain Lightning. The Rogue missed his reflex save and died to Otiluke's Sphere - one shot.

Both my fault - no way I should have gone against a +5 CR Lich. Was just asking to get killed quick. Got greedy looking for the 1st time XP bonus.

We forget how powerful the mobs are in some cases because we're so used to completely OP player characters. It never ceases to amaze me how fast I can die in a quest that is significantly over character level and when playing at an unsafe speed.

I really think the power creep in DDO has spoiled some significant parts of the play experience in favor of raw speed for the reincarnation cycles. Every time I blow by Raiyum at -2 levels I get a pang that reminds me of how much fun that fight used to be and how completely worthless it is now from a fun perspective.
    Last edited by KoobTheProud; 12-30-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    We forget how powerful the mobs are in some cases because we're so used to completely OP player characters. It never ceases to amaze me how fast I can die in a quest that is significantly over character level and when playing at an unsafe speed.
    The lack of gear and PL's is a massive diff, as so many HK KIA's can attest. Which is why I stacked both the Pali's +Cha to saves on top of Resilience - +7(+) addresses the Saving Throw deficit nicely.