Community Member

Default Dark Radiant Servant

Just throwing this out here to see if this is possible.

Is it possible for a radiant servant to tick the heals while being undead and not be harmed?

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    Just throwing this out here to see if this is possible.

Is it possible for a radiant servant to tick the heals while being undead and not be harmed?
    Unfortunately Dark Apostates don't have access to the Radiant Servant enhancement tree.

If another Cleric was a Radiant Servant and had the aura going, I'd assume it would get 50% healing as usual.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    Unfortunately Dark Apostates don't have access to the Radiant Servant enhancement tree.

If another Cleric was a Radiant Servant and had the aura going, I'd assume it would get 50% healing as usual.
    What about an undead Cleric?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    What about an undead Cleric?
    Non-Dark-Apostate Clerics can't be undead unless you multiclass.
    Dark Apostate Clerics don't have access to Radiant Servant.

Whatever means you get to access both an undead form and the healing aura (it'll have to be a multiclass mix, but there's a few available), it'll work, but positive healing on people in an undead shroud only heal half as much.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Yes, it is possible. You would need to splash Wizard and take an undead form from Palemaster because as others have pointed out Dark Apostate cannot use the Radiant Servant tree.

It's been a long time since I've seen a build doing this (although I definitely have!), so operating off old memories here but from what I remember yes you can have positive energy aura and negative energy aura going simultaneously. If you had positive energy aura going as an undead you should get healed half from it as the change several updates ago made it so undead allies can be healed by half by positive energy.

Would of course not be optimal but could be a fun flavor build.

Community Member

Default Do I get credit for an accidental discovery?

3 Dark Apostate + 5 Sacred Fist grants the Radiant Servant tree tier-five access.

You can't get the last two cores in either DA or Radiant Servant, no matter how you divide the remaining levels.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post
    3 Dark Apostate + 5 Sacred Fist grants the Radiant Servant tree tier-five access.

You can't get the last two cores in either DA or Radiant Servant, no matter how you divide the remaining levels.
    It's an amusing concept but (A) what exactly are you trying to accomplish here and (B) is it any better than, say, cleric 17 / wizard 3 with Dark Disciple + Pale Master undead form?
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post

That's a really funny and creative idea XD

I wouldn't think it would have any practical advantages over just going a normal cleric/pally splash, assuming the game is coded so it actually lets you get RS access back in the first place...which I am not sure of. But if going with a deep radiant servant investment especially I can't see any pragmatic reason in running in an undead form via dark apostate in the first place. The concept sounds like it could be a really fun flavor build though.
    Last edited by axel15810; 02-16-2023 at 09:58 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It's an amusing concept but (A) what exactly are you trying to accomplish here and (B) is it any better than, say, cleric 17 / wizard 3 with Dark Disciple + Pale Master undead form?
    Hey there! After taking a closer look, I realized that I may have misunderstood the OP's question. They asked if a Dark Apostate could use the Radiant Servant healing ticks while being undead without being harmed rather than if a DA could get the RS Positive Energy Aura.

I happen to play as an undead character quite often, and I don't think that the Positive Energy Aura from a radiant servant would harm a Dark Apostate in Shadow form. The healing would be reduced, potentially even to zero, but I haven't tested that combination myself. So, there's a chance I could be wrong - but I'd be surprised if that were the case. I hope this helps clarify things a bit!

Otherwise:

A) I was trying to answer the OP's question. I stumbled across the solution when I tried a DA + SF build for other reasons, which I've since forgotten.

B) That's another possible combination to consider, both with their advantages.
    Pros:
    - SF-3 gets Evasion, a solid saves boost, and potentially a 25% HP boost from SaD at level 6.
    - PM-3 gets Lesser Death Aura and Negative Healing Amp and can get Death Aura at level 7.
    - Both have a lot of other passive defensive capabilities using the SF, SaD, PM, and EK trees.
    Cons:
    - Clerics get a nice Domain benefit at level 14, so Wizard 7 would take that away.
    - Optimizing either solution requires AP and Cleric Levels to be traded from the WMD playstyle the DD tree offers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    That's a really funny and creative idea XD

I wouldn't think it would have any practical advantages over just going a normal cleric/pally splash, assuming the game is coded so it actually lets you get RS access back in the first place...which I am not sure of. But if going with a deep radiant servant investment especially I can't see any pragmatic reason in running in an undead form via dark apostate in the first place. The concept sounds like it could be a really fun flavor build though.
    I was originally playing around with the idea of a more balanced Positive and Negative Energy healer and was wondering if DA could get access to the RS tree. My first thought was to multiclass into a Cleric, but that's not a thing. Later, and unrelated, I was playing around with the idea of a DA-SF variation of a Cleric-Pal. I pulled the Enhancement tree dropdown and saw RS listed - and was like, "Wow! There it is!"