Thread: How'd you die?

Community Member

Default How'd you die?

My first death this season: Level 8, 704 favor. Ground all my 1s, 2s, and 3s, had some great folks team with me through Tangleroot (not even close to a death), shan-to-kor (trapper kicked butt), and even saltmarsh (2-manning bullywugs with a cleric, no deaths, just annoyance at the platforming), and was dipping into night revels so I could look spiffy as I ran around. Invited a guy to my group and he jumped into hayweird on level 13. IDK why.

His healbot hireling wasn't healing anything automatically, and another person asked to join, so I clicked accept and was typing out a welcome when I noticed a skeleton was attacking me and my health was low. So I quickly hit Enter and--

Dead. Killed by a skeleton. With my sacred defense up and a decent shield and suit of full plate.

Thanks a lot, guy who decided to do level+5 hayweird on hardcore. Now I've got no night revels stuff, and days of grinding is lost. I try not to be upset about this, because usually when I die on HC it's either my own fault (or last season, "these freaking hounds weren't balanced") or just sheer bad luck (if I was dumb enough to do reapers), but this actually makes me pretty mad, because there were TWO clerics in the room (other player and a healbot hire) and neither so much as glanced my way. So it is actually pretty upsetting.

That sucks. That's why I hated last season lol, couldn't drop attention! Love your name btw, assuming it's a brandon sanderson thing and not just some randmo.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    That sucks. That's why I hated last season lol, couldn't drop attention! Love your name btw, assuming it's a brandon sanderson thing and not just some randmo.
    LOL yeah it is. I was young and edgy when I first got on these forums. Still love Sanderson though. The Way of Kings changed my life.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiumReigns View Post
    My first death this season: Level 8, 704 favor. Ground all my 1s, 2s, and 3s, had some great folks team with me through Tangleroot (not even close to a death), shan-to-kor (trapper kicked butt), and even saltmarsh (2-manning bullywugs with a cleric, no deaths, just annoyance at the platforming), and was dipping into night revels so I could look spiffy as I ran around. Invited a guy to my group and he jumped into hayweird on level 13. IDK why.

His healbot hireling wasn't healing anything automatically, and another person asked to join, so I clicked accept and was typing out a welcome when I noticed a skeleton was attacking me and my health was low. So I quickly hit Enter and--

Dead. Killed by a skeleton. With my sacred defense up and a decent shield and suit of full plate.

Thanks a lot, guy who decided to do level+5 hayweird on hardcore. Now I've got no night revels stuff, and days of grinding is lost. I try not to be upset about this, because usually when I die on HC it's either my own fault (or last season, "these freaking hounds weren't balanced") or just sheer bad luck (if I was dumb enough to do reapers), but this actually makes me pretty mad, because there were TWO clerics in the room (other player and a healbot hire) and neither so much as glanced my way. So it is actually pretty upsetting.
    Depths chain, final quest. Trapper rolls a 1 on the blade trap at the end, blows the box up. Three other people in the party run thru just fine. I run thru, dead from full HP. Combat log shows I rolled a 1 on the trap. Insane bad luck is insane bad luck.

Duo partner, tangle root, entering the spider tunnels. Pull the pack, partner gets tripped, two more batches of hobgoblins and worgs show up, EVERYTHING goes after them while I try to kill enough to pull some of the aggro off.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OdiumReigns View Post

First life I died... maybe level 8-9 "I joined a group of only one person. He was soloing the quest (he is high level currently and alive too) I never were able to keep up with the speed of most groups simply because they run faster. So he is running fast fast fast all of a sudden he stops. Welp there was a trap. I stopped too but too late. Like 2 seconds later. Died to sonic trap. Was in delera or necro."

Second life I died... maybe level 8-9 "We were doing necro or delera I dunno. I had already told how I died in there in delera or necro trap. One of the trappers had died two quests ago to a trap. But we still had another trapper. I was extremely bored. All of a sudden a new member joined the group. So the trapper, leader of the group starts to chat with him while we are waiting in the entrance to a new room of the dungeon. Then the trapper says <And remember... in this room there and there... the trap is acid and can not be disarmed... just going through the sides...> Inmediatly after saying that he goes on typing to the new member. The chat was filled with boring stuff like "yeah am sure you can reddor and blah blah blah". The new member also replied back and the chat got more and more filled. Meanwhile the group was moving around but without advancing. Then I see the trapper advances forward. So thinking that it was safe... I advance. But I did not advance through the sides and died inmediatly. Trapper told me <I told you!> And yes he told me, but after telling it he started to chat with that new member and I was really really bored so... did not take enough attention.

Third life I died... level 10 1300 favour. Was even worse and totally my fault. It was not even a trap. I switched a few things in my build, a cleric and I liked my new build more. "I started to do quests in reaper because it was really boring in elite and also too fast. There was no challenge at all. After finishing deleras quests chain I entered to talk to the spirit of the woman in the quest <Return to delera> or something like that the quest was... So! lol I finished it and thought... hmm do I get more favour if I also finished it in hard and elite and reaper? I finished it in normal hard and elite. And indeed that quest gives more favour if you repeat in hard and elite. But I was really really bored. So after finishing it elite I decided to open it in reaper. Reaper 10. I entered thinking <I could die if a reaper spawns. But it's funny to enter in r10 for once. I talked to the woman and nothing bad happened. I thought I was safe. Then I went to a door which is closed. The quest was already completed. I could go back and leave but something called my attention.... a Chest. A chest behind the closed door. So I thought <I could use an opening bell to open the door and loot the treasure... after all, it is r10... the loot must be better> So while I was thinking about that <what was the code to get the opening bell and is it still available or did it finish already?> a carnage reaper showed up and one shooted me.

Fourth life level 15 ready for taking level 16... still alive doing all in reaper and in the reaper ranking currently. All good so far. I take it more serious than before and don't fall into traps. I can follow the other members of the groups because I was also lucky and got 20 minutes of expedition retreat per rest. I also got good loot in some quests and character is kinda strong (but will need better equipment in a few levels or I will be weaker)
    Last edited by Hanul; 12-23-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Level 15 (holding 16) and 103 favor away from 3K... boom dead... negative levelled to almost death (8 of them) and then a lightening bolt. Happened in Necro 3 with the rat maze... ****ed doesn't even come close to how I feel!

Stoner81.

Sent to another plane by a violet prismatic beam with deathblock on.

Red Fang, poison trap (the room with multiple around the perimeter) it only takes a moment of cockiness to remind you confidence can kill you on Hardcore. I was a trapper too....
    "You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

Community Member

I was coasting to 3000 playing on hard, got sloppy in Black and Blue and the dragon got me. Went to heal my unconscious hireling and did not pay attention to the DOT on me. 2231 favor

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    Is that a thing? DB is supposed to stop it now. Hmmm...
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    What season, and was it death block or death ward?? They updated that spell in recent years to where death block protects against it, though not sure about death ward, where as I understand it ward protects against negative energy death effects (fod), and since the violet ray is different in that it acts more like banishment (abjur?), death block protects against it but not death ward?

I died every season, so many deaths to describe. This season ranks up there in my favs, lvl 20 dying to a Maze Bat on HawaiianCoffe.
    Last edited by duey; 01-21-2023 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    Is that a thing? DB is supposed to stop it now. Hmmm...
    I like it! Fight me.

#1) Level 8 (w/ 10 banked), end of a long weekend session, lost concentration while running around in Feywild, was looking at some other screen and didn't notice the wolfpack right behind me. Dogpiled me.

#2) Level 8/10 (again), party member turned a puzzle trap back on after it had been solved. My fault for underestimating the abject stupidity of PUG members.

No time for #3 this season, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    #1) Level 8 (w/ 10 banked), end of a long weekend session, lost concentration while running around in Feywild, was looking at some other screen and didn't notice the wolfpack right behind me. Dogpiled me.

#2) Level 8/10 (again), party member turned a puzzle trap back on after it had been solved. My fault for underestimating the abject stupidity of PUG members.

No time for #3 this season, very sad.
    what were the toons’ names? I wonder if I grouped with you. Playing a toon called ‘Ever.’ Fighter monk rogue.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

I ran out of HP
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)