Default HC7 Reaper Cloak Not Showing

As the title says, when I equip it, no cloak shows. This is also the case with the HC2 cloak. My other cloaks work just fine. Is this a known issue? I looked around, but could not find anything. Thanks in advance.

Also having this issue. To troubleshoot I have tried to:

- hide cloak and view cloak (didn't help)
    - unequip and requip (didn't help)
    - log out and in (didn't help)
    - view another cloak, a piece of gear and another cosmetic (both worked)
    - tried on a different race (was aasimar, also checked a tiefling)
    - checked on non-HC server, gland (nope)

What's weird is the other people in my party could see it.

Default Any update??

I put a ticket in almost a month ago, received a fairly quick reply "thanks but I can't help you let me send this to someone else" and I haven't heard a peep since.

I ran into other people on Hardcore who could not see the cloak -- at all. It's not a server issue but an account issue, it seems.

An update would be appreciated. To spend time and, for some, money, to play to get to these rewards and then we can't actually see/use them is pretty much completely not acceptable.

It's pretty unlikely it's connected to your account. Are you able to see the same cloak on other players?

Have you tried checking both 32 and 64 bit client versions? Are you using the High Res texture pack?

If its only occurring for a few people, it makes me wonder if it's related to one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyllelia View Post
    What's weird is the other people in my party could see it.
    Can you see it when others are wearing that cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by dTarkanan View Post
    Are you able to see the same cloak on other players?

Have you tried checking both 32 and 64 bit client versions? Are you using the High Res texture pack?

If its only occurring for a few people, it makes me wonder if it's related to one of those.
    No.

I don't know what the "high res texture pack" is.

I've never had to anything special to see a cosmetic. If this was a requirement, they probably should have mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Can you see it when others are wearing that cloak?
    No. I can't see it in-game at all. This is what others who have had this problem have said: we can't see it on ourselves or others. It effectively doesn't appear to exist for us. It looks like we're not wearing anything. It is invisible.

The only was I was able to see it was through someone else's account.

No.

I don't know what the "high res texture pack" is.

1. Go to the drop down menu in the login launcher. e.g. [EN] [V] [-] [X]
    2. Select 'Options'
    3. Select the 'General' tab

Is 'Use high resolution game data' checked or unchecked?

In the game client menu at the bottom, is 64-bit Client or 32-bit client selected?

I've never had to anything special to see a cosmetic. If this was a requirement, they probably should have mentioned it.
    I doubt it's intentional. My suspicion is that the reason it's not happening for most people is most people are using the high resolution textures and the low resolution texture for it is broken somehow in a way that wasn't noticed... possibly only for one of the clients. That particular cloak is reasonably unique in its use of partial transparency so it may not play nicely with one aspect or the other.

That's just my suspicion, though, without any further diagnostic information. It could be a deeper GFX driver or library issue.
    Last edited by dTarkanan; 02-10-2023 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dTarkanan View Post
    1. Go to the drop down menu in the login launcher. e.g. [EN] [V] [-] [X]
    2. Select 'Options'
    3. Select the 'General' tab

Is 'Use high resolution game data' checked or unchecked?

In the game client menu at the bottom, is 64-bit Client or 32-bit client selected?

I doubt it's intentional. My suspicion is that the reason it's not happening for most people is most people are using the high resolution textures and the low resolution texture for it is broken somehow in a way that wasn't noticed... possibly only for one of the clients. That particular cloak is reasonably unique in its use of partial transparency so it may not play nicely with one aspect or the other.

That's just my suspicion, though, without any further diagnostic information. It could be a deeper GFX driver or library issue.
    I checked and had high res game data checked and 64-bit.

So I went into graphic settings and tried setting "graphics quality" at Ultra High....and boom it showed!

I had mine set at medium because it reduces lag for me.

I checked the levels below Ultra High and it looks like, at least for me, High is the threshold to make the cloak appear.

This is the kind of thing I normally would have thought of except there are other pieces of gear in the game that have transparency and have displayed for me at lower settings, so it didn't occur to me that this might be the issue here.

Thanks so much for you help, dTarkanan!
    Last edited by Iyllelia; 02-10-2023 at 06:31 PM.

I checked the levels below Ultra High and it looks like, at least for me, High is the threshold to make the cloak appear.

This is the kind of thing I normally would have thought of except there are other pieces of gear in the game that have transparency and have displayed for me at lower settings, so it didn't occur to me that this might be the issue here.

Thanks so much for you help, dTarkanan!
    Wasn't precisely what I expected but glad it got the ball rolling.

If you go to the advanced graphical settings settings you might be able to figure out exactly which technical setting it is that is causing the difficulty and minimize any processing difficulties the setting might have.