Cold spell power: 790
    Force spell power: 687
    Lightning spell power: 720

Cold crit chance: 74
    Force crit chance: 47
    Lightning crit chance: 67

Crit multiplier:
    Cold: 95, force: 80, lightning: 35

Prr 192, Mrr 80, ac 235, dodge 36, wisdom 97, hp 1608.

Saves 78, 74, 92

Race Aasimar

Starting Stats:
    str 8
    dex 16
    con 16
    int 8
    wis 20
    char 8

Levelling:
    1-9 Druid
    10-11 Monk
    12-19 Druid
    20 Wizard

Feats:
    Heroic 7: maximise spell, empower spell, quicken spell, 3*monk stance, past life wizard
    Monk 2: deflect arrows, discipline
    Wizard 1: Heighten spell
    Epic 4: Wellspring of power, Burst of glacial wrath, ruin, greater ruin
    Epic destiny feats 4: Epic spell power cold and force + crush weakness + Legendary toughness
    Legendary feat 1: Scion of the plane of water

Enhancements:
    seasons herald 35 - get Elemental Mastery and time and tide in tier 5
    NP 6 – get stance
    NW 13 – get +1 wisdom in tier 3 and 1 in prey on the weak, get flight as panic button
    monk 8 – get prr and ki shout
    EK 4 – get 10% ac
    Feydark 15 get +2 wisdom

Epic destinies:
    Primal avatar use this mantle. Get shard storm, natural shielding, shared mantle and ever green.
    Draconic get dragonbreath and upgrade it. Get pull from the wellspring. Get ruin intensified.
    Magus of the eclipse 6 get imperceptible casting, great summoner and gargoyle

Gear:
    I don't actually have enough runes for the esoterica augment set so that is not included, but that is what i plan to do.
    IOD=Isle of dread
    Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist – with Esoterica augment
    Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers – with Esoterica augment
    Bracers: Legendary Kundarak Warding Bracers
    Cloak: IOD cloak - Deacon of the Auricular Sacrarium with cold/force crit muliplier and sacred/profane dc
    Gloves: IOD with wisdom 15 and lightning crit muliplier and sacred/profane dc
    Goggles: Attunement’s Gaze – with Esoterica augment
    Helm: IOD helm with reaper bonus - Deacon of the Auricular Sacrarium. with cold/force crit muliplier and sacred/profane dc
    Necklace: Legendary Pendant of the Azure Sea
    Ring 1: Bound elemental ring of frost
    Ring 2: Bound elemental ring lightning
    Trinket: Gem of many facets with Wards of House Kundarak and CC ??? ins physical sheltering
    Armor: Legendary IOD Robe from raids with exceptional crit chance to spells and Deacon of the Auricular Sacrarium set bonus
    Main hand: IOD kama with spell pen and exceptional wisdom and tar oozes
    Off hand: legendary alchemical kama with force lore+spellpower, alchemical wisdom and improved cold augmentation
    Quiver: epic quiver of alacrity – has stealth strike
    get a topaz of augmented summoning

Spell threat:
    Threat reduction is very important. You want the mobs to attack your summonings and not you. I got 60 from magus and another 15 from epic quiver of alacrity. This seems to be enough.

Managing you hirelings and pet:
    Send these into a fight before hand preferably. If the mobs see them first there is a good chance they will attack your summonings and not you. There is a button in key mapping which makes all hirelings and pets interact with whatever you have selected. This way you can make them all attack at the same time.
    Pack presence unyielding pack makes the hirelings and pet do an intimidate check. This can be useful sometimes but does not seem to work all the time. Not sure why. But sometimes it pulls aggro from you.
    Your pets threat should be set to decreased to 40%. You pet also needs a accuracy item. I used rakshasa’s hide. You can upgrade it to epic but don’t upgrade to legendary as your wolf pet will only be level 29 when you are 32.
    Collars are mainly not working. Cannith crafted collars don’t work. Named collars does not seem to work. Some named handwraps turned into collars do work but not sure about all of them. Augments in pets armors or collars does generally not work. I did however find that if you use a named handwraps and turned it into a collar the proc from ruby of flame still does its damage even though you cannot see the augment in the collar. I only tested this on one collar.

Playing the build:
    Cast color spray and burst on mobs. Then tsunami, dragonbreath and finish groups of with ice flowers.
    Use 2*creeping cold, salt ray, call lightning, word of balance and the two ruins on single mobs. Ice storm can be used. Be careful with call lightning storm as it might kill vengeance reapers.
    Talking about vengeance reapers. Their circles can wipe your whole party. When you see a circle get the mobs to you by pressing ctrl+come to you on one of them and they will all teleport to you. Then set them to passive and stay. Or you can do as me and ignore them and let them die and then resurrect them later.
    I found the optimal way of getting most damage out of the build on mobs is this:
    Greater color spray
    burst of glacial wrath
    ice flowers
    tsunami
    ice flowers
    dragon breath
    ice flowers

Then most mobs should be dead even on high reaper.

OLD BUILD BELOW

Race Aasimar

Starting Stats:
    str 8
    dex 16
    con 16
    int 8
    wis 20
    char 8

Levelling:
    1-9 Druid
    10-11 Monk
    12-19 Druid
    20 Wizard

Feats:
    Heroic 7: maximise spell, empower spell, quicken spell, 3*monk stance, Augment summoning
    Monk 2: deflect arrows, discipline
    Wizard 1: Heighten spell
    Epic 4: Wellspring of power, Improved augment summoning, ruin, greater ruin
    Epic destiny feats 4: Epic spell power cold/force/lightning + Legendary toughness

Enhancements:
    seasons herald 22 only wax and wane in tier 4.
    NP 6 for stance
    Falconry 32 for hp
    shintou 8 for prr
    EK 4 for improved mage armor
    Archmage 9 for threat reduction

Epic destinies:
    Primal avatar use this mantle. Get shard storm, natural shielding, shared mantle and ever green.
    Draconic get dragonbreath and upgrade it. Get pull from the wellspring. Get ruin intensified.
    Magus of the eclipse 6 get imperceptible casting, great summoner and gargoyle

Gear:
    IOD=Isle of dread
    Belt: Sirens belt
    Boots: legendary sunken slippers
    Bracers: Legendary Aetherband
    Cloak: IOD with cold spell crit multiplier and profane dc
    Gloves: IOD minor artifact with force crit multiplier and sacred dc
    Goggles: Attunement’s Gaze
    Helm: elders
    Necklace: sirens
    Ring 1: Legendary ring of winters chill
    Ring 2: Legendary ring of winters chill
    Trinket: Gem of many facets with elders and CC lightning lore with ins physical sheltering
    Armor: Legendary Order's Garb
    Main hand: IOD staff
    Off hand:
    Quiver: epic quiver of alacrity – has stealth strike

Spell threat:
    Threat reduction is very important. You want the mobs to attack your summonings and not you. I got 30 from archmage and 60 from magus and another 15 from epic quiver of alacrity. This helps a lot.

Managing you hirelings and pet:
    Send these into a fight before hand preferably. If the mobs see them first there is a good chance they will attack your summonings and not you. There is a button in key mapping which makes all hirelings and pets interact with whatever you have selected. This way you can make them all attack at the same time.
    Pack presence unyielding pack makes the hirelings and pet do an intimidate check. This can be useful sometimes but does not seem to work all the time. Not sure why. But sometimes it pulls aggro from you.
    Your pets threat should be set to decreased to 40%. You pet also needs a accuracy item. I used rakshasa’s hide. You can upgrade it to epic but don’t upgrade to legendary as your wolf pet will only be level 29 when you are 32.
    Collars are mainly not working. Cannith crafted collars don’t work. Named collars does not seem to work. Some named handwraps turned into collars do work but not sure about all of them. Augments in pets armors or collars does generally not work. I did however find that if you use a named handwraps and turned it into a collar the proc from ruby of flame still does its damage even though you cannot see the augment in the collar. I only tested this on one collar.

Last edited by Ultinoob; 01-20-2023 at 08:42 PM.

Community Member

Nice!

Did you know if tar oozes and regular oozes stack to 6, or if pack presence intimidate actually works to get summons to pull aggro off of you?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Nice!
    Thx. I feel pretty good about the build myself.

Did you know if tar oozes and regular oozes stack to 6[...]
    I am not sure what you mean about regular oozes. I assume it has something to do with legendary greensteel but could not find it on the wiki. The oozes you see in my video are tar oozes from Isle of dread. I don't think i've ever seen more than 3 tar oozes, no maybe 4 if that is any help. But the oozes are not that bad. They did finish off the boss in grim and barret on r8.

[...] or if pack presence intimidate actually works to get summons to pull aggro off of you?
    Pack presence works sometimes. I remember using it up until r6 with success. The end bosses in "A sharn welcome" seems to not be affected by it. It was on r8. So to be honest it seems like it is working on non bosses and some bosses. It does not seem to work on doom reapers. I do sometimes use it but just not in the videos. was too busy staying alive.

Maybe it has something to do with how much intimidate the summonings actually have.

Therefore spell threat reduction is a must on such a toon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Thx. I feel pretty good about the build myself.

I am not sure what you mean about regular oozes. I assume it has something to do with legendary greensteel but could not find it on the wiki. The oozes you see in my video are tar oozes from Isle of dread. I don't think i've ever seen more than 3 tar oozes, no maybe 4 if that is any help. But the oozes are not that bad. They did finish off the boss in grim and barret on r8.

Pack presence works sometimes. I remember using it up until r6 with success. The end bosses in "A sharn welcome" seems to not be affected by it. It was on r8. So to be honest it seems like it is working on non bosses and some bosses. It does not seem to work on doom reapers. I do sometimes use it but just not in the videos. was too busy staying alive.

Maybe it has something to do with how much intimidate the summonings actually have.

Therefore spell threat reduction is a must on such a toon.
    Ahh, yes, I meant Tar + LGS ooze, 3 of each. If you use a multihit/AoE spell to proc 3rd, you may get 4, because the 3rd and 4th both proc before the proc on the same spell before proc chance turns off on future spells.

The oozes may have a better chance of intim due to being cr60+ than your cr30+ hires. Or maybe a worse chance if their charisma is near 0. If they can grab a doom, you could tank raids which other than a few bosses are the same 140 or so intim.

The threat reduction is a very nice touch, for when intim doesn't work.

Community Member

Ahh, yes, I meant Tar + LGS ooze, 3 of each. If you use a multihit/AoE spell to proc 3rd, you may get 4, because the 3rd and 4th both proc before the proc on the same spell before proc chance turns off on future spells.

The oozes may have a better chance of intim due to being cr60+ than your cr30+ hires. Or maybe a worse chance if their charisma is near 0. If they can grab a doom, you could tank raids which other than a few bosses are the same 140 or so intim.

The threat reduction is a very nice touch, for when intim doesn't work.
    Yes i looked it up and found the lgs oozes. I was not aware you were only allowed 3 oozes?

I remember looking at the oozes and it seemed they where only cr 32 if i recall correctly. The werewolf is 52 and the new dino from the raid is 61 or 62.

Thing is they tend to die with a doom reaper. They either need a lot of healing or a real person to tank them. also in raids you can't have hirelings. This means you werewolf or oozes should do the tanking. but maybe its possible.

You cant see their hp unfortunately. So you have to select them.

Community Member

Scion of Elysium?

Enhancements:
    seasons herald 22 only wax and wane in tier 4.
    NP 6 for stance
    Falconry 32 for hp
    shintou 8 for prr
    EK 4 for improved mage armor
    Archmage 9 for threat reduction
    How about 8 points into Harper Agent for Harper Leadership? (Maybe even 11 to pick up Heroic Companion, too.)

Gear:
    Got the 3-piece Cry of Battle filigree set in there? That makes a huge difference.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kpak01 View Post
    Scion of Elysium?
    I went for more damage on my own than increasing the durability of summons. The scion of elysium gives prr and mrr to summons. Haven't really tested it out, but on r8 you need to be able to do some good damage.

How about 8 points into Harper Agent for Harper Leadership? (Maybe even 11 to pick up Heroic Companion, too.)
    Yes that is nice. I simply did not have the ap for it. its good, but what i have chosen i find better. You could take some from archmage only spending points on threat reduction here and then take from ek to get this.

Got the 3-piece Cry of Battle filigree set in there? That makes a huge difference.
    Yes i do have that.

Generally i took most things that gives bonus to summonings stats as in wisdom strength etc, but not so much bonus to prr and mrr. maybe i should test it out.

Community Member

I made a video of doing Bullywugs and Booby Traps on r6.

You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/QOxaoVrVAuA

I love it.

With everyone else mostly having forgotten about hirelings, pets etc as too weak I really love that you are showing us that it can actually be done if you put your mind to it.

We may have to put an effort towards getting you LGS Ooze as well for even more fun
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

I made a video of doing Bullywugs and Booby Traps on r6.

You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/QOxaoVrVAuA
    Very nice run.
    Great dodge (mobs didn't hit you so I would consider those +8% further dodge points instead of more temporary hit ponts) , hirelings doing very nice damage, good spells dps.

You stop almost all mobs rushing to you with crowd control spells and hirelings, and if someone reach you then you dodge :P, archers sniping at you then you dodge :P

Please tell me which spells were you using to destroy turrets.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I love it.

With everyone else mostly having forgotten about hirelings, pets etc as too weak I really love that you are showing us that it can actually be done if you put your mind to it.

We may have to put an effort towards getting you LGS Ooze as well for even more fun
    Thank you. Yeah they actually are good. Yes i am hoping i can do a leg shroud run soon and need to make a list of what to make. ooze is one thing. healing amp - i think it is called triple positive is another and then cold and acid crit damage. Not sure if there is more?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Very nice run.
    Great dodge (mobs didn't hit you so I would consider those +8% further dodge points instead of more temporary hit ponts) , hirelings doing very nice damage, good spells dps.

You stop almost all mobs rushing to you with crowd control spells and hirelings, and if someone reach you then you dodge :P, archers sniping at you then you dodge :P

Ok. That is actually also what i am thinking with regards to the temp hp vs dodge. That also saves me some clicking which i really don't like doing too much.

I use ruin and greater ruin to destroy turrets and skulls. I have ruin intensified from draconic. very effective. costs a lot of mana but does massive damage.

Ok. That is actually also what i am thinking with regards to the temp hp vs dodge. That also saves me some clicking which i really don't like doing too much.

I use ruin and greater ruin to destroy turrets and skulls. I have ruin intensified from draconic. very effective. costs a lot of mana but does massive damage.
    yeah, I also hate clicking here and there: maybe dodge is the best option to enjoy more the game and struggling less with mouse clicks

Very nice run.

Well, for soloing with the pets and hirelings I agree that Dodge is better.
    For raids, though, I firmly believe that the temp hp is better.
    For groups I am less certain but I am leaning towards the temp hp.

I do agree though that there is a certain charm to passive buffs rather than active ones which may very well be the deciding factor
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

(Combat): Molnm's divine wrath hit you for 5,206 points of light damage.

please can you give me any suggestions to survive against Molnm's divine wrath?
    pale lavender ioun stone doesn't work against it.
    maybe one of the 22% light absorption items? (I don't know if it would be enough to prevent from being oneshotted though)

Community Member

(Combat): Molnm's divine wrath hit you for 5,206 points of light damage.

pale lavender ioun stone doesn't work against it.
    maybe one of the 22% light absorption items? (I don't know if it would be enough to prevent from being oneshotted though)

Yes that is a good question.

Was this on r10?

Even if you had 22 light absorption you would still take 4061 damage. Don’t know if mrr works against it?

When I play with my summoner I usually let the summons take aggro and stay back a bit. Then he will kill all my summonings with his light spell. Then I run away and wait til summons can be resurrected. Once my oozes finished him off while trying to do this. Actually he tends only to kill hirelings and the pet and the actual summonings survive. I mean the oozes and werewolf and dino.

Also if I take aggro and get killed my hirelings can usually resurrect me.

Thing is a lot of quests can be made easier if you equip a specific item. I made a choice to only do this in very specific quests and just make my character as good as I can overall. I am in the process of changing a few things. I have electric absorption for master artificer and then some spell absorption items and that is about it.

Trying to raise my mrr to about 130 and get more hp at the expense of dc, damage and mass regenerate. Not sure if it is worth it. I will figure it out when I am done.

The arcane sentinels in bullywugs killed me when I tried to solo it on r10. Do you know if spell absorption works against their attacks?

I asked myself a question. Is it ok if I can’t solo r10? I mean is it ok if I can only do r10 in groups and then be good in the group and then tone it down to r6-r8 when I solo?

I haven’t found an answer to this question yet. I mean soloing r10 I actually don’t find that fun. I find it too hard. But in groups it is fun.

Yes that is a good question.

Was this on r10?

Even if you had 22 light absorption you would still take 4061 damage. Don’t know if mrr works against it?

When I play with my summoner I usually let the summons take aggro and stay back a bit. Then he will kill all my summonings with his light spell. Then I run away and wait til summons can be resurrected. Once my oozes finished him off while trying to do this. Actually he tends only to kill hirelings and the pet and the actual summonings survive. I mean the oozes and werewolf and dino.

Also if I take aggro and get killed my hirelings can usually resurrect me.

Thing is a lot of quests can be made easier if you equip a specific item. I made a choice to only do this in very specific quests and just make my character as good as I can overall. I am in the process of changing a few things. I have electric absorption for master artificer and then some spell absorption items and that is about it.

Trying to raise my mrr to about 130 and get more hp at the expense of dc, damage and mass regenerate. Not sure if it is worth it. I will figure it out when I am done.

The arcane sentinels in bullywugs killed me when I tried to solo it on r10. Do you know if spell absorption works against their attacks?

I asked myself a question. Is it ok if I can’t solo r10? I mean is it ok if I can only do r10 in groups and then be good in the group and then tone it down to r6-r8 when I solo?

I haven’t found an answer to this question yet. I mean soloing r10 I actually don’t find that fun. I find it too hard. But in groups it is fun.
    Yes it was in R10 (in R8 he does about 3200 damage if I remember correctly and I should have enough temporary hit points to survive and fully heal quickly with heal + regenerate mass once as shown in my video).

MRR works against light damage.

If you see my video, I kill the Arcane sentinels with ice flowers by positioning me in a spot where they can't hit me but ice flowers can hit them by targeting the ground: if arcane sentines are far then the combo creeping cold + greater creeping cold will do the job (Scales of the Dragon should absorb a few hundreds force damage).

To respond to your question about "if it's ok if you can't solo R10":
    1) I try to solo R10 only when I want to make a video to publish on my build and usually after failing several attempts (I restart the quest until I can make a quick run without dying);
    2) I never solo a quest higher than R6 unless I'm making a video for my build;
    3) I usually do R6 runs in group if the members are all weak, R8 runs if I'm playing with average players, R10 if I'm playing with a strong group (in any case each run must go smoothly, otherwise I'm wasting time by playing a too challeging difficulty for the group);
    4) I think that you get the best reaper xp per minute by doing R8 difficulty;
    5) try to push for soloing R10 in your free time, it may not be fun but it teaches you something when you do mistakes (for me 1 mistake = death).
    Last edited by Michele; 01-22-2023 at 04:36 PM.

You just gotta move. When you're facing him you can see when he's going to cast a spell. At that point, get outta the area ASAP. His Divine wrath on r10 is going to kill pretty much everyone who isn't a well built tank. I'll often go wolf form and between ice slide and wings, kite back and forth while rotating through ruins, breathe, etc ... I don't think you're going to face tank him as a druid.
    In my opinion, play for fun. I'm missing a ton of past lives that would make my build a lot better, but, i no longer like levelling, so i don't. Whether you can or can't solo r10 really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
    3) I usually do R6 runs in group if the members are all weak, R8 runs if I'm playing with average players, R10 if I'm playing with a strong group (in any case each run must go smoothly, otherwise I'm wasting time by playing a too challeging difficulty for the group);
    R10 all the time! (except raids). Strong group, complete as quickly as possible. Average group, let them kill stuff while i focus on cc and heals. Bad group? Teach them how to run r10s better!

To each their own!!

Snowpeaks Festival features a new Filigree set called Snowpeak's Gifts.
    I can't wait tomorrow! :P

Community Member

Default 2 more videos

I did A sharn welcome on r10 two times.

First with only augment summoning augment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyzO-DwsI0k

Then with improved augment summoning and scion of elysium - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESHLZiF2-90

I wanted to test how much more the summonings could take with all feats.

The first one went fine. Not many reapers.

The second one went a bit bad as i died. a couple of more reapers though. It did seemed like the extra feats helped. at 14:25 you can see how the horde does against a doom reaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast