Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Get ready for a Night Revels encore!

The Night Revels event will return for a one week encore! Begins next Thursday, December 15th, late morning/early afternoon Eastern time, and runs through December 21st! This will also be available on the Hardcore server for those interested.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This will also be available on the Hardcore server for those interested.
    That is a pleasant surprise!
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon
    HC7: Typhoon, Dreaded Knight, and Wish. HC6: Naivety. HC5: Who Is Here. HC4: Cylon Centurian. HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack. HC2: Carnage

Community Member

The Night Revels event will return for a one week encore! Begins next Thursday, December 15th, late morning/early afternoon Eastern time, and runs through December 21st! This will also be available on the Hardcore server for those interested.
    Why? What could possibly be the logic behind this? You will be trying to run hardcore, festivult and night revels all at the same time when you can't even do an update without crashing the game for a day?

Plus, who is even asking for this? Stop trying to distract the players with shiny baubles and concentrate on fixing your core issues.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoArgo View Post
    Why? What could possibly be the logic behind this? You will be trying to run hardcore, festivult and night revels all at the same time when you can't even do an update without crashing the game for a day?

Plus, who is even asking for this? Stop trying to distract the players with shiny baubles and concentrate on fixing your core issues.
    The reason for Night Revels is that when HC season 6 ended a lot of people had keys and ingredients on HC that they couldn't get back to their main server (and at this time still can't them to their server, but I am guessing this should be fixed by early next week).

As for running all three together I doubt that it effects the computer work load much (the likely increased number of players would increase the computer work load much more).

This is an odd play. Hmm...

Community Member

Cool, another chance to buy a Pick of Light before next year. Anyway I always thought Halloween should be moved to December
    My 4yr old would love a 2nd chance at trick or treat too, can that be arranged?

Community Manager

The timing is really just a matter of needing to get it done since we did in fact promise it, and we wanted to run it reasonably soon-ish so people could use up their remaining ingredients prior to us expiring them. As for Hardcore, we've been running recent events on there, so we're giving it a wider shot this season. We're happy to hear from folks about whether they like or dislike these seasonal events taking place on the Hardcore server.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

We're happy to hear from folks about whether they like or dislike these seasonal events taking place on the Hardcore server.
    Since the events don't directly affect the HC benchmarks (RAP or favor) I don't see any good reason to not run them there as well.

By not running them, players may feel forced to choose between HC and the event.

Furthermore, most event loot is not particularly unbalancing or OP. (A few exceptions, but I don't think they are all that bad.)
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon
    HC7: Typhoon, Dreaded Knight, and Wish. HC6: Naivety. HC5: Who Is Here. HC4: Cylon Centurian. HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack. HC2: Carnage

The timing is really just a matter of needing to get it done since we did in fact promise it, and we wanted to run it reasonably soon-ish so people could use up their remaining ingredients prior to us expiring them. As for Hardcore, we've been running recent events on there, so we're giving it a wider shot this season. We're happy to hear from folks about whether they like or dislike these seasonal events taking place on the Hardcore server.
    Personally (as someone who enjoyed Festivult in HCL5 as well) I like the seasonal events running on hardcore to avoid it feeling like you're "missing out" by being on the hardcore server compared to live when hardcore intersects a seasonal event.

I also think that generally things like Festivult cookies or Night Revels rewards are pretty fair to have out- you can get most of the benefit from those events (a few useful cookies like jump and some heals, a few resto/DW pots and a hood of unrest) pretty easily, and if someone wants to grind like crazy to have hundreds of cookies or stacks upon stacks of resto pots then they still aren't really gaining a massive benefit- especially when it's one of these encore events that feels less leaderboard competitive and more "last chance to grab your season 2 rewards".

With that said, personally I've found some of the event champions to really punish certain playstyles. Night Revels and Crystal Cove champions are in recent memory as examples of champions that were a big pain to deal with on martial characters (especially with more limited access to ghost touch on HCL compared to live servers) while providing very little additional challenge to casters, or even technically being easier for casters since there's proportionately less champions of the types that casters are likely to struggle to. If the events were able to run without the event champions on HCL (which would come with less key/compass drops of course, but that just gives a bit of a benefit to the live servers if you want to majorly grind the events), I would be a full avid supporter of running seasonal events on HCL.
    Dazling of Cannith

Default Are you kidding me?

Essentially you are punishing HC Enthusiasts.

The reason the encore Night Revel is coming about is because all of the people who had ingredients stranded on HC.

Now you start a surprise HC, get people to jump into a shortened season for a few days and then announce the encore of Night Revels is happening?

We are entering the holiday season with Christmas parties, trying to finish up getting gifts and such done.

Where in the heck do you think we are going to get the playing time to get it all done?

Why couldn't the encore have been 2 weeks ago?

Do you think your player base consists solely of 15 year olds and retirees who can spend a wee bit of extra time to get it all done?

I know for myself, as I am not a zerging style player, will have to sacrifice to attain my goals in HC to get the goodies I wanted in the Night Revels. Or do I forget those and try for my HC goodies?

This kind of stuff, the short thinking is making me reconsider playing a game I have loved since 2009.

I am VIP, have bought a bunch of expansions. This is too much.

I could not believe you were running HC during the Christmas season anyway.

Maybe it is time for me to move on and enjoy my life in other ways.

EDIT: Yes, I enjoy the seasonal events on HC.
    Last edited by Sir_Noob; 12-08-2022 at 05:43 PM.
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Community Member

Default Night Revels

Night revels yeah, the exp top notch cannot get more exp, missed a few alts for exp this is great.
    Guild leader Thelanis - Rexit, Guild leader Gallanda -Rextexx, Guild leader Khyber - Rexwar, and former guild leader Argonnessen - Rexonater

....As for Hardcore, we've been running recent events on there, so we're giving it a wider shot this season. We're happy to hear from folks about whether they like or dislike these seasonal events taking place on the Hardcore server.

Also agree, having events run on HC is a good thing. I would've said before that just getting ingredient/collectible drops was enough, but this last season shows why the NPCs need to be there, too.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Use them up? I sold them because it was coming to an end.

Late morning is gone and early afternoon is here, can we get this show started for those of us prepped and waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlmonger View Post
    Late morning is gone and early afternoon is here, can we get this show started for those of us prepped and waiting?
    I agree.

Make it so.

Prepare thyself, Soon™ approaches!

Quote Originally Posted by Halciet View Post
    Prepare thyself, Soon™ approaches!
    I'm generally of the opinion "soon enough" is an oxymoron =)

I guess their definition of late morning / early afternoon is different than mine.
    Bjriand The Great Stormsinger Bard Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic / Racial Completionist working on Archetype lives...

Looks like the launcher and sales just got updated, so probably in the realm of actual soon.

They just appeared on Khyber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast