Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Twitter says 5-8, forums say 5-7. Which one is it?
    We are now 27 minutes away from Twitter being a more credible source of information than DDO.com.....

Quote Originally Posted by nuanil View Post
    Whichever comes first
    Extended to 10pm EST according to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Just_a_Dude View Post
    I hope Drizzt Do'Urden isn't taken.
    I actually got that name during the first minute of Head Start.

Walked around Stormreach for a bit before getting a tell from a Turbine DM. They told me I had to change my name and also how to do it.

I wasn't paying attention to the chat at the time and missed their ultimatum.

The next thing I know, my toon's first name was changed to "Drit."

Boy, was I ****ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Thanks for the update, now I will just sit here and be bored till 7 pacific.

No rollback planned still?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShenDragon View Post
    Thanks for letting us know 17 mins after being kicked from server.
    I had literally just started playing for the first time, barely started the beginner quest when I got kicked. Hell of a welcome to the game, lol.

Community Member

The DDO game worlds are unavailable to deploy a hotfix to correct an issue with certain effects. We will let you know when the worlds reopen.
    Cordovan, can you reassure us that there will be no rollback in order to avoid all our of new HC toons from being removed/deleted?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlmonger View Post
    Thoughtful developers would give a minimum of 10 actual minutes warning for people to wrap things up or decide they don't have time to finish and thus save 99% of their audience the hassle.
    It kinda' depends... We don't know what the bug was. If the bug was for example, "when casting invisibility the character data becomes irrevocably corrupt resulting in full loss of character and all past lives" then maybe an immediate shutdown would be the thoughtful thing to do.
    Sarlona - Nyr Dyv Raiders
    Bloodbath, Smasher · Sonnkral, Finisher · Sentient, Caster

Quote Originally Posted by jglabare View Post
    I had literally just started playing for the first time, barely started the beginner quest when I got kicked. Hell of a welcome to the game, lol.
    Welcome to DDO (for the good & the bad parts)! The New Player forum might be a good place to visit while we're navigating the downtime.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

So long as you remember that when you booted me from the server I was level 32 with 6k favor and 25 reaper points...
    "You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

Quote Originally Posted by dogbreath68 View Post
    I am a founder and was a beta tester, so I am fully aware of this game more so than id say 90% that play it. Names are symbols, status if you will. Forgive me if I don't share your take on it. So when you don't like the name you chose before , don't take someone else's because you cant think of a name on your own.
    Its like the people who join HC and box their way to points, lazy and uninitiated. Seems to be a theme with today's generation.
    Just saying: Your name may be somewhat known, well known, famous (or infamous) on your server, but no one on other servers may have ever heard of it.

I'm pretty lucky, because the names I usually take are fairly unconventional, and I have never had another person on hardcore having already taken "my" name.

But let's face it: Quite a few names that people imagine to be incredibly clever and original are variations on classic characters from literature, movies, anime, comics etc.

I know that the leader of Death Smile has had someone grab "Mary" 2 seasons running, and it does seem odd that someone would do that, but honestly, there is a small chance that someone quite innocently took the Mary name because (and this is going to sound out there) their name is... Mary.

I would not worry if someone took "my" name that I use to post in the forums (I can't imagine if anyone might even be able to tell me what work of literature it is a slightly backwards allusion to).

All I am saying is your grievance (while obviously pretty important to you) is perhaps not an intentional slight, and even if it is, well, it's not like there is some sort of copyright infringement case you can make in a court of law.

But, since it looks as if we are going to have an extra few hours, consulting with a lawyer might very well occupy some time you'd otherwise spend spinning wheels here

Welcome to DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I actually got that name during the first minute of Head Start.

Walked around Stormreach for a bit before getting a tell from a Turbine DM. They told me I had to change my name and also how to do it.

I wasn't paying attention to the chat at the time and missed their ultimatum.

The next thing I know, my toon's first name was changed to "Drit."

Boy, was I ****ed.
    I had a female character called "Tizzt Do'Parton" that somehow slipped past the censors...

We are currently working to reopen the game worlds, but we need a bit more time. We are extending the downtime until 10:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT).
    Checkpoint! [Down]time extended!

Talking Bwaaaaa haaaaa haaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Jomee View Post
    We'll let you know at 7
    So funny ... Good one.
    Characters most played - Zaovir (Thelanis) - Xaoru (Sarlona)

Default Rare - Sort of Rare

It doesn't happen that often.
    Not at this extreme anyway...
    Characters most played - Zaovir (Thelanis) - Xaoru (Sarlona)

Default Checkpoint!

Community Member

"But, since it looks as if we are going to have an extra few hours, consulting with a lawyer might very well occupy some time you'd otherwise spend spinning wheels here "

A good lawyer would say - first try to work it out quickly and with no legal fees by stating what the name is and see if whoever took it might be less attracted to it than you are, and perfectly willing to give it up. Most if not all of the good ones actually have the client's interest in mind and aren't just grinding for legal fees. I speak as somewhat of an expert in the area.

Having tried to get favorite names on all of the servers when I came here years ago - I can assure you that many good names are taken on *every* server and so whatever name you want - likely more than one other person has it somewhere. Maybe getting it before you did originally. For that matter I can assure you that many *bad* names are equally taken by many people - perhaps even more so,

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    Welcome to DDO (for the good & the bad parts)! The New Player forum might be a good place to visit while we're navigating the downtime.
    Thanks, I made a human favoured soul, not sure how beginner friendly it is, but they seem like they can heal and fight decently. I maxed out cha, then spread around to mostly Con, Wis, and a little Str. Not sure thats a good strategy or not...

I'm getting bored!! They should have a test server, and not using the original one. Now not to 7, now to 10!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast