Default Imbue Dice - how has it changed your arti build?

So, the last go-around they changed the arti elemental dmg to imbue dice... has anyone changed their build? how have you adjusted? or does it just not matter to you?
    setting olympic record for drowning deaths ...

Not a deal breaker but I do miss my low level and at any level situational elemental damage to vulnerable enemies. I keep Greater Elemental loaded in case anyone wants it, completely worthless though to me now as an Arti as I play a Renegade MasterHarper.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DirkTyrant View Post
    So, the last go-around they changed the arti elemental dmg to imbue dice... has anyone changed their build? how have you adjusted? or does it just not matter to you?
    I took my arti build down and swapped to sorc because the nerf to OV ruined it.

Haven't played mine once since this change.

It sounds bad, and have been dreading finding out how badly it will change them.

(And yeah, partly cuz I had to go play with the Hobbits for a while to alleviate my HCL burnout.)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I have a Warforged variant of this HC build that I plan to keep playing on live. 41 Inquisitive + 23 Battle Engineer + Greater Elemental Weapons gets me +12 Imbue dice if I added right. In epics, another +3 from Draconic and +3 from a Scion feat.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Spell Blade

I have a spell blade build that uses primal avatar mantle and have 20 imbue dice hybrid build. It is fairly meh like most hybrid builds are, stretched too thin. It would really need an Artificer epic destiny for a solid base. Fatesinger and shadowdancer are ok but they both do things that arti's don't do well wanting to do sneak attack / assassinate or sonic dmg and enchantment dc and if you chase either of these its too much.

Bonus I guess is I can switch out between melee and ranged as I use mostly spellpower for damage.

Lightning immune mobs are an issue too.

It really didn't. I run the same exact build pew pew only it feels like it does a lot more damage now. Like, a lot more damage actually <3
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    It really didn't. I run the same exact build pew pew only it feels like it does a lot more damage now. Like, a lot more damage actually <3
    THIS!

Different imbues you can use in heroics scale with Melee/Ranged/Spell powers. In Heroics, it is very hard to increase your Ranged Power while it is often very easy to increase your spell power. The artificer imbue, is only a 1D6 electric imbue, but by level 12 I had over 200 Electric SP and by 15 I had over 300 while at the same time I was only able to get my Ranged power up to about 30-40 in Heroics.

The only time I noticed that my damage decreased was if I was fighting mobs that are healed by the imbue you use, so for my artificer, anything healed by or immune to electric took longer to kill, where as everything else in the game was quicker to kill.

You do see a slight drop in DPS at lower levels, not having the elemental weapons spell, that on a repeater basically added 3D6 damage. So until you actually gain an imbue to use, you will see Damage go down, and once you get it, you will see your damage go up.

I swapped out the RL and Sharn sets from the Silent avenger and Wallwatch sets, to the Beacon of Magic and Mastermaker sets, for the increase to spell power. Worked very well the last time I leveled my artificer from 1-20

I would like to retract my previous statement.

With the imbues in battlesmith, melee artificer is so much better than it used to be. Everything dies so fast I don't even get to use stuns/cc except on reapers. I didn't even take haste boost, I took fussilable for those situations that I need to flood an area with oozes (got an ooze repeater).
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers