Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 7 Hazard

I think it would have to be in quest only PK on choice when entering like reaper mode.
    btu dont think it would work as the game is too fast to be played that way with 500% movement rates.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Caarb View Post
    Thats a pretty easy fix.

Remove Permadeath
    Add Friendly Fire
    Add 100% penalty to self healing so grouping is required even if it is just a hireling

Still hardcore just a different flavor
    Without perm death is not hardcore

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Without perm death is not hardcore
    Agreed.

I think "Hardcore," as far as online games go, universally means permadeath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

I don't think this would have much longevity within the framework of a hardcore season, but it would make for an entertaining 3-day or one-week festival type of event. Maybe create 4 skins of existing quests like has been done for Night Revels and then unleash grouping and friendly fire within them. Make grouping required in the quests (need say 4 in a group to be able to enter). Maybe run this St. Patrick's Day weekend. Drinking green beer before playing would be a bonus.

I am Awesomesauce!

It would cause a lot of chaos. Maybe activate it for like a day. Would be rather funny to see what happens.
    Chaotic Good but in real life

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maidenstalker View Post
    In Hardcore? With all the griefing that already goes on? Are you crazy?
    What griefing did you experience so far?

I never saw or experienced griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanul View Post

Not this season as I am not playing it, nor thankfully last season although I did hear about some, but in an earlier season either mimic or maybe it was archon I experienced someone setting off traps before the trapper could disarm them, repeatedly, almost trying to kill the trapper, I experienced another person racing ahead dragging mobs and champions back to the group and DDooring, definitely mimic season had one butthead opening chests first not necessarily looting and then ddooring or teleporting away leaving everyone to deal with it. It doesn't really help to tell guild or other groups the names of such players because they just create new characters to mess with people. Of course not everyone doing these things are intentionally griefing others sometimes they are just inconsiderate or distracted or ignorant of how to play in a group courteously.

Thankfully, I think they get bored early in the HC seasons. Or if they are not intentionally griefing they straighten out there playstyle eventually to be more compatible with others.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Hanul View Post

I only duo so I've not seen any myself, though one person in guild chat was saying he was running in a pug where someone kept casting grease and messing everyone else up.

Some people get their enjoyment out of causing others stress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12