Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Transfers Currently Unavailable to Orien and Sarlona

We are currently investigating issues preventing players from transferring to Orien and Sarlona, and we are working on a resolution. For players needing to get their characters off of the Hardcore server through Sunday, please transfer those characters to a different game world, and in the future we will offer a window of time where players will be able to transfer to either Orien or Sarlona for free.

We currently do not have an estimate for when this window will become available, as we are continuing to work to resolve these transfer issues. Please make sure to transfer all characters off of the Hardcore server before end of day on Sunday.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are currently investigating issues preventing players from transferring to Orien and Sarlona, and we are working on a resolution. For players needing to get their characters off of the Hardcore server through Sunday, please transfer those characters to a different game world, and in the future we will offer a window of time where players will be able to transfer to either Orien or Sarlona for free.

We currently do not have an estimate for when this window will become available, as we are continuing to work to resolve these transfer issues. Please make sure to transfer all characters off of the Hardcore server before end of day on Sunday.
    I transferred 3 HC characters to a server I don’t use (Argo, I’m normally on Orien) as the community said this was the only way to ensure my characters didn’t get deleted since I am on Orien. What about people like me? We need free character transfers between worlds to alleviate. Please help.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Merrillman View Post
    I transferred 3 HC characters to a server I don’t use (Argo, I’m normally on Orien) as the community said this was the only way to ensure my characters didn’t get deleted since I am on Orien. What about people like me? We need free character transfers between worlds to alleviate. Please help.
    Correct, this is why once the issue is resolved we will be enabling free transfers to either Orien or Sarlona for a period of time.
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Thank You

Thank you Cordovan!
    Sarlona Main - Ilyushinovik Pure Paladin with TORC!!!! run # 75!!! mana battery complete 2nd Torc on 80th. TR'ed
    2nd life finally: Monk [] 3rd life: Fighter []4th life: Artificer

Thanks for the update! Characters have been transferred to waiting servers.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

6. 12-02-2022, 02:14 PM

Reason
    sorry, it still works. i was looking at it wrong.

Community Member

TY for the update ...but please when u say window best b sure to communicate to your player base esp if its in dec with folks gone with holiday stuff not being able to meet your windowed time ...

TLDR MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS WELL IN ADVANCE WHEN AND FOR HOW LONG THE WINDOW WILL BE OPEN

I bet by the time this bug is resolved I already forget where I parked my toons lol.

Thank you SSG!

For folks that are on Sarlona or Orien, you should check if you have characters on Wayfinder, because all of mine had btc boxes and bta elixirs of discovery from a previous give-away when there was a massive rollback. You might want to move those elixirs to your main server. If you have shared bank and move your hc characters to wayfinder you can transfer all the elixirs to that character.

For people not on Sarlona and Orien, it's a chance to move servers for free if you don't like your current server.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

So, we making Sarlona the new mega-server?
    Only need to make it the default server for newcomers and this is perfect.

Default Forced to transsfer or lose...

Cordo, what are you all going to do about Orien peeps like me who had no choice but to xfer to a server we don't use to preserve the characters? I have 3 characters on HC I wanted to bring back to Orien but now they're on Argo. Have you all considered what you're going to do to let us bring our HC characters to the home server we use? Thanks.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Merrillman View Post
    Cordo, what are you all going to do about Orien peeps like me who had no choice but to xfer to a server we don't use to preserve the characters? I have 3 characters on HC I wanted to bring back to Orien but now they're on Argo. Have you all considered what you're going to do to let us bring our HC characters to the home server we use? Thanks.
    Yes, all of this information is in the original post. We will be opening free transfers to Orien and Sarlona for a window of time in the future to allow you to transfer to Orien. Timing will depend on the timing of the underlying fix causing these transfer issues, and we continue to work to identify a cause.
    Join us on Twitch!

Yes, all of this information is in the original post. We will be opening free transfers to Orien and Sarlona for a window of time in the future to allow you to transfer to Orien. Timing will depend on the timing of the underlying fix causing these transfer issues, and we continue to work to identify a cause.
    It was working before the update you know. Its after the update then the transfer stopped working, but nobody looked back and kept going forward from there.

Community Member

Default Wish I would have thought of transferring to another server

Correct, this is why once the issue is resolved we will be enabling free transfers to either Orien or Sarlona for a period of time.
    I spent DDO points (money) on a season 6 HC huge (gargantuan - largest) collectables bag, 2 character slots on Sarlona, and multiple season 6 HC character backpack slots so I could transfer my 2 characters and their stuff to Sarlona. I was never able to transfer them, so I just wasted my DDO points (money) and I lost my 2 characters.

Maybe a final notice via email would have been nice since I did contact support and they said they were looking into it.

Not all of us always have time to play this game and scour the forums for updates.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJL_1 View Post
    I spent DDO points (money) on a season 6 HC huge (gargantuan - largest) collectables bag, 2 character slots on Sarlona, and multiple season 6 HC character backpack slots so I could transfer my 2 characters and their stuff to Sarlona. I was never able to transfer them, so I just wasted my DDO points (money) and I lost my 2 characters.

Maybe a final notice via email would have been nice since I did contact support and they said they were looking into it.

Not all of us always have time to play this game and scour the forums for updates.
    This is a example of what was talked about weeks ago .........i feel for you but ...yeah smh

Community Member

When will transfers to Orien open? There hasn't been any warning that there was this transfer window, so I imagine that this window didn't happen.

17. 12-12-2022, 06:37 PM

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Anurakh View Post
    When will transfers to Orien open? There hasn't been any warning that there was this transfer window, so I imagine that this window didn't happen.
    The timing is unknown, but will not be until after we are able to fix the issues preventing these transfers.
    Join us on Twitch!

The timing is unknown, but will not be until after we are able to fix the issues preventing these transfers.
    Just to be clear, are you going to have the Nightrevels encore before the server transfers are fixed?

Community Member

Default Night Revels announcement

Just to be clear, the Night Revels timing announcement has already been issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonfizzle View Post
    Just to be clear, the Night Revels timing announcement has already been issued.
    So...in 2 days, which by the sound of it means before the reason why they wanted to do an encore is even fixed. So are they gonna be doing an encore of an encore after they fix the transfers?
    Orien - Gorrue - Life #35 - WF Caster Arti
    Heroic Completionist

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    So...in 2 days, which by the sound of it means before the reason why they wanted to do an encore is even fixed. So are they gonna be doing an encore of an encore after they fix the transfers?
    There should be no players who cannot take advantage of the return of Night Revels. Firstly, Night Revels was active on Hardcore 6 to begin with, so in reality anyone on Hardcore could get their stuff on Hardcore during the initial run. Players who transferred from Hardcore can use their leftover ingredients on their current destination world, even if they want to eventually transfer for free to Orien or Sarlona. Players who just want to earn the ingredients fresh and get a second chance at acquiring the rewards can do so as well.
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast