Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The timing is unknown, but will not be until after we are able to fix the issues preventing these transfers.
    It would be nice to get a little information. What the suspected cause of the issue is. Why it's only affecting two servers.

If memory serves, the last time there was a server specific issue was Wayfinder's database corruption issue and that ended with a several month rollback.

My main is Khyber, but I'm certain those who main Orion and Sarlona would appreciate a little more information moving forward.

Community Member

There should be no players who cannot take advantage of the return of Night Revels. Firstly, Night Revels was active on Hardcore 6 to begin with, so in reality anyone on Hardcore could get their stuff on Hardcore during the initial run. Players who transferred from Hardcore can use their leftover ingredients on their current destination world, even if they want to eventually transfer for free to Orien or Sarlona. Players who just want to earn the ingredients fresh and get a second chance at acquiring the rewards can do so as well.
    Am I correct that if I earn the mount on a server that I eventually want to transfer from, I should leave it in my inventory until after I make the transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by jackatthekilns View Post
    Am I correct that if I earn the mount on a server that I eventually want to transfer from, I should leave it in my inventory until after I make the transfer?
    yes

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by jackatthekilns View Post
    Correct, the Creature Companion certificate will carry over with you when you transfer. However, your server-based Mount stable will not, so if you use that certificate on the world you are currently on you will not be able to get that mount from that certificate on your destination world.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

The timing is unknown, but will not be until after we are able to fix the issues preventing these transfers.
    ok, thank you.

There should be no players who cannot take advantage of the return of Night Revels. Firstly, Night Revels was active on Hardcore 6 to begin with, so in reality anyone on Hardcore could get their stuff on Hardcore during the initial run. Players who transferred from Hardcore can use their leftover ingredients on their current destination world, even if they want to eventually transfer for free to Orien or Sarlona. Players who just want to earn the ingredients fresh and get a second chance at acquiring the rewards can do so as well.
    That's fair and probably applies to 99% of people, although not quite completely true and there might be edge cases for which this means losing out on the benefit of the keys farmed on hardcore - for one thing, I'm pretty sure I couldn't enchant my weapons on Orien with festival solar bought with materials/keys from hardcore, since iirc that has to be done directly in the revels vendor interface. I would also not gain xp from running those quests on the characters from my home server, which is like one of the biggest draws of Revels for some people.

Even moreso - if someone just transferred the keys to a 3rd server, where they don't play, on a throwaway character, they'd have to level and gear up a new character on the new server, so they can use the keys to farm the mats and buy the items, only to then be able to transfer them back to home server. That seems like a huge disadvantage for anyone from Orien and Sarlona, as opposed to other servers, where you can just give the keys to your multiple-completionist character and farm super quickly on that character, while also gaining xp on your main character.

And since the event's gonna be once again running while Hardcore is active, we'd have to once again split our time away from hardcore, which is this time even shorter, runs over a period of time where a lot of people can't play + runs concurrent to other events, the solution to farm keys anew on our home server would also eat away from our time to work on hardcore favor+rxp. This was the problem in the first place - people had to decide between doing Revels and doing Hardcore, so doing the same thing makes them decide between A) farm keys + doing Revels on home server or B) doing Revels with keys from last hardcore on a possibly slower/subpar character on the 3rd server, which also wastes the xp gained from the quests or C) doing Hardocre.

(Sorry if this sounds very nitpicky, I'm just not very happy with how the whole situation of transfers from hardcore was handled, especially with the abrupt new season so soon after, which just made the whole thing much worse with the makeshift solution of using another server. I was lucky enough to be able to transfer my HC character to Orien even when the transfers were supposedly unavailable, but a lot of people weren't)
    Orien - Gorrue - Life #35 - WF Caster Arti
    Heroic Completionist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    That's fair and probably applies to 99% of people, although not quite completely true and there might be edge cases for which this means losing out on the benefit of the keys farmed on hardcore - for one thing, I'm pretty sure I couldn't enchant my weapons on Orien with festival solar bought with materials/keys from hardcore, since iirc that has to be done directly in the revels vendor interface. I would also not gain xp from running those quests on the characters from my home server, which is like one of the biggest draws of Revels for some people.

Even moreso - if someone just transferred the keys to a 3rd server, where they don't play, on a throwaway character, they'd have to level and gear up a new character on the new server, so they can use the keys to farm the mats and buy the items, only to then be able to transfer them back to home server. That seems like a huge disadvantage for anyone from Orien and Sarlona, as opposed to other servers, where you can just give the keys to your multiple-completionist character and farm super quickly on that character, while also gaining xp on your main character.

And since the event's gonna be once again running while Hardcore is active, we'd have to once again split our time away from hardcore, which is this time even shorter, runs over a period of time where a lot of people can't play + runs concurrent to other events, the solution to farm keys anew on our home server would also eat away from our time to work on hardcore favor+rxp. This was the problem in the first place - people had to decide between doing Revels and doing Hardcore, so doing the same thing makes them decide between A) farm keys + doing Revels on home server or B) doing Revels with keys from last hardcore on a possibly slower/subpar character on the 3rd server, which also wastes the xp gained from the quests or C) doing Hardocre.

(Sorry if this sounds very nitpicky, I'm just not very happy with how the whole situation of transfers from hardcore was handled, especially with the abrupt new season so soon after, which just made the whole thing much worse with the makeshift solution of using another server. I was lucky enough to be able to transfer my HC character to Orien even when the transfers were supposedly unavailable, but a lot of people weren't)

This sums it up well

Community Member

... the biggest point about waiting until transfers were fixed was so we could use our keys on our main server

Default When?

Would like to know if there is a timeline as to "When" we might be able to get our toons back to Sarlona?

Sucks to have spent that much time playing HC and NOT being able to take those gains back to main server!

Community Member

Suddenly unable to transfer to Argo. My characters are about to start piling up on HC. Any chance you guys are planning to add argo to the 'transfer later for free'?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Suddenly unable to transfer to Argo. My characters are about to start piling up on HC. Any chance you guys are planning to add argo to the 'transfer later for free'?
    An update on this whole situation would be welcomed.

Default ANNNNNNNND now

Transfers from HC to Argo are failing for one of my alt accounts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LegerdemainX View Post
    An update on this whole situation would be welcomed.
    aye lol hc transfers are a key element to the whole idea of participating on that server .............the longer this drags out the more im thinking theres more to the story ............worries of mass move to said server

Community Member

Default HC Transfer from Sarlona worked on 12/20/22

Just did a test with a new toon created on HC for this purpose:

Worked just fine from HC to Sarlona.

Last edited by LegerdemainX; 12-21-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Community Member

https://imgur.com/yyo2pKQ

https://imgur.com/viNfzBD

Thanks for mentioning this post on your Live Stream today, Cordo - it's encouraging to know that at least your eyes have seen it. Because of that, I went ahead and did more testing.

It only takes 5 mins to test, so I went ahead and rolled two new toons on HC: one named OrienTransfr and another ArgoTransfer.

I skipped over the tutorial, and logged out when I hit Korthos on both toons. I then closed the client, re-opened it and tried to transfer each toon respectively to Orien and Argo.

https://imgur.com/pYNgpQX

https://imgur.com/7FZXrjZ

The first transfer to Orien failed, unfortunately:

https://imgur.com/rFQ4Zg1

The second attempted transfer, this time to Argo:

https://imgur.com/5CS28IB

Success!:

https://imgur.com/kadu8Yu

So, in summary: transfers to Sarlona and Argo have been tested working as of Dec 20th and Dec 21st, transfer to Orien is still busted as of Dec 21st.

Hope this helps!

- iLuvGoat

****EDIT Update***** - I tried to transfer the failed Orientransfr toon to Sarlona, and it also failed. I thought, maybe it's a character type thing... then chose to transfer it to Wayfinder as a random test, which worked fine. Sarlona and Orien transfers still seem sporadic.
    Last edited by LegerdemainX; 12-21-2022 at 08:44 PM.

My level 21 HC toon won't transfer to Sarlona at all. That's as of the 21st at 7 PM EST.

I was able to transfer him to Argo as of a quarter to 8.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    Sarlona Characters: Arklynn, ashefivekay, Bruishe, Mmykah, Coddex, Ghrunk, Kharella, Arcelyn, Sultryshark, Zaknahfein, Aesophoteda, SDSnake, Marbrook, Porkchoppe, Porcine, Rahklyn, Beeteleuse, Frohggy, Mayhems

Community Member

Happy Holidays to ssg staff ........its friday which i assume is last day for a xmas break ..........where do we stand as of today ?

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I also got a toon from HC to hardcore when I killed him, no problem. But then when I went to move my other toon that made it when I was done with her to Sarlona, no dice. Several failed transfers after a few days I gave up and moved her to Argo until the free transfers to Sarlona. While it can occasionally be done, it cannot be consistently done, not even on the same accounts. The rest of my group also couldn't get to Sarlona either.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

We are currently investigating issues preventing players from transferring to Orien and Sarlona, and we are working on a resolution. For players needing to get their characters off of the Hardcore server through Sunday, please transfer those characters to a different game world, and in the future we will offer a window of time where players will be able to transfer to either Orien or Sarlona for free.

We currently do not have an estimate for when this window will become available, as we are continuing to work to resolve these transfer issues. Please make sure to transfer all characters off of the Hardcore server before end of day on Sunday.
    ?....

Community Member

Default Sooo are we just SOA...

We are currently investigating issues preventing players from transferring to Orien and Sarlona, and we are working on a resolution. For players needing to get their characters off of the Hardcore server through Sunday, please transfer those characters to a different game world, and in the future we will offer a window of time where players will be able to transfer to either Orien or Sarlona for free.

We currently do not have an estimate for when this window will become available, as we are continuing to work to resolve these transfer issues. Please make sure to transfer all characters off of the Hardcore server before end of day on Sunday.

Almost over a month now and still no update... fixing server transfers should be a priority especially when you had a Hardcore end and immediately started a new one. Obviously it seems like nobody is working to resolve this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast