Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    A lot of people on Sarlona seem to be having a problem.
    How does being on one server affect transferring a diff character from Hardcore?

It's not possible to transfer TO Sarlone (or Orien) atm, but that has nothing to do with transferring OFF Hardcore - only limits the destinations.

so a permanent HC server is ok but 2 HC events in 1 year is too much? If I remember correctly before HC6 there was a Rumer there was going to be a 2nd HC event this year. um this year ends in 30 days.
    IMO it should be 1 annual event to look forward to probably a summer event because school is out for 2 months.
    Last edited by archest; 12-02-2022 at 06:02 AM.

Two months of HC. Just pour water on the liver servers at this point and get the insurance money.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Ignore this, I was the dumb.
    Last edited by vryxnr; 12-02-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    What's the point of transferring off of HC if you can't transfer to the server you actually play on? Take the free transfer to a server you don't play on so you can spend money to transfer from there to the server you do play on eventually? When the main purpose of the FREE transfer was to be able to bring the characters and loot you earned in HC to the server you actually play on?

That's a horrible plan of action. Everyone else was able to transfer to the server they play on for free unless that server was sarlona or orien, they have to do a double transfer and pay for it too! That's a giant middle finger and is not okay.
    They've literally said (multiple times now) they're going to open FREE transfers to Orien (and now Sarlona too) at later date from any server in the game when they fix the transfer issues. So...

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    They've literally said (multiple times now) they're going to open FREE transfers to Orien (and now Sarlona too) at later date from any server in the game when they fix the transfer issues. So...
    Ah, I didn't see that thread on the other sub-forum until after I posted. My post above was in response to C-Dog's suggestions from this page of thread only, which made no mentioned of the ability to move to those servers for free later.. and I missed when it was said much earlier in this thread. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    How does being on one server affect transferring a diff character from Hardcore?

It's not possible to transfer TO Sarlone (or Orien) atm, but that has nothing to do with transferring OFF Hardcore - only limits the destinations.
    The problem is the destination.

You want to go to Boston, but you can only go to Africa. Irritating right?

Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    Eep! Not ready yet lol. Just finished my transfers from HC server and have extra upkeep with video to edit this time. Also been curious to transfer a few alts to Orien

Think was hoping for it again in Feb. Will there be a mechanic like Hounds/Mimics in this one?
    This is a season2 redo, mimics show up in 4 if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    The problem is the destination.

You want to go to Boston, but you can only go to Africa. Irritating right?
    Well, actually... If a free detour through Africa delayed my getting to Boston without extra cost, I'd be good with that. Pick up a few souvenirs along the way to bring to Boston with me, maybe see a friendly lion or cheetah while I'm there... (and if I'm driving, the longer the detour the better. )

Just teasin, Nem. I got the context, just had to have fun with your choice of destination. ... tho still wanna point out it's a great opportunity for folks wanting to migrate items from other servers to Orien.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    Will there be a mechanic like Hounds/Mimics in this one?
    Answered here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
    Starts next Wed. Ends Feb 5 (60 days).
    Same theme and rewards as HC2
    20% reaper XP boost
    Rewards only require 1500/3000 favor. 10/20 reaper points are the same.

Source: today's livestream.
    Disappointing that there is no reference to that in the OP link, but there it is.

Season 2 champs:
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Monster_Cha...dcore#Season_2 (There is a "Poison DoT" champ that may invite Resist Poison pots/spells to remove/reduce.)

Basically, what that means is that Champs can be scarier, and Reaper is that much scarier because more mobs will be champs and more of those will be red/orange-named.

What I'm leary of is the name of this season, "Trial by Fire". Nothing in Season 2 refers specifically to "fire", so I'm wondering if there is a "fire-themed" surprise waiting for us. Fire-trapped chests? Fire-based mobs? Elementals?

Don't assume we have been told everything - part of the day 1 "fun" is finding out exactly what we've stepped into.

(I've learned to throw together a sacrificial build and dive in to The Harbor at Level 2-3, see what rears its ugly head, then build with that in mind. GL to all!)

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    This is actually untrue. I have one that would not transfer. I don't care, he was just a mule to move over so I made a different one and moved the things, but he doesn't exist in the transfer menu at all. A lot of other people have toons that won't transfer still stuck on hardcore with items they wanted. A lot of people on Sarlona seem to be having a problem. And some of them care about those toons/items.
    Just asking because I had this happen - was your Mule a guild leader? If so you have to disband the guild then you will show up in transfer list
    Ghallanda - Spock's elvish cousin, not to mention his other Pointy* (Eared and otherwise) alts

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Aztek View Post
    Just asking because I had this happen - was your Mule a guild leader? If so you have to disband the guild then you will show up in transfer list
    Sorry I wasn't here much, trying to get the house organized for Christmas this year since the relatives are threatening to visit or something. I sorta miss quarantine around the holidays.

He's not only not a guild leader, but per custom in death smiles I had pulled him out when I wasn't going to use him anymore so he's not in any guild. I couldn't transfer him back around five weeks into hardcore, so I tried killing him to see if I could move him dead because I had no problem moving dead toons, he wouldn't move. He still refused to move after hc was over and he was ressed. To be clear, I do not care about this toon, but I do care about other players who have stuck toons that have nifty daily dice things they won like the horses and whatnot and wanted those items. And I did bring it up to one of the devs in case there was something useful to be learned from that toons situation. It's sorta weird. When I mouse over the hc server it says I have 0 toons even though he's there, can be logged into and moves around the world. No idea why he's stuck, or why the carrier pigeon toons I made and moved the stuff on him to went through fine. That's literally everything I know about the situation for you.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Let me see if I have this correct

This is going to be the 3rd HC season starting this calendar year.
    The first one that covered January and Feb was only a 2 month season, and you figured out that short seasons don't net you as much money.
    And the 2nd season this year, you included the hounds with what seems like very little thought as to their impact, and the hound mechanic drove away an entire group of players: those that need to take frequent afks.
    Didn't make nearly the revenue that you hoped to, did you?
    So now to make up for that you are forcing a 3rd season into the same year, 3 days after you wipe the previous season?

Please start putting more time into your decision making.
    We're all here because we enjoy the game, but bad decisions have killed much bigger games than DDO.
    When this 7th season earns you a very mediocre sum in comparison to other seasons, please reevaluate your current strategy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Answered here:

Disappointing that there is no reference to that in the OP link, but there it is.

Season 2 champs:
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Monster_Cha...dcore#Season_2 (There is a "Poison DoT" champ that may invite Resist Poison pots/spells to remove/reduce.)

Basically, what that means is that Champs can be scarier, and Reaper is that much scarier because more mobs will be champs and more of those will be red/orange-named.

What I'm leary of is the name of this season, "Trial by Fire". Nothing in Season 2 refers specifically to "fire", so I'm wondering if there is a "fire-themed" surprise waiting for us. Fire-trapped chests? Fire-based mobs? Elementals?

Don't assume we have been told everything - part of the day 1 "fun" is finding out exactly what we've stepped into.

(I've learned to throw together a sacrificial build and dive in to The Harbor at Level 2-3, see what rears its ugly head, then build with that in mind. GL to all!)
    Thank you for posting the links in this thread!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonous View Post
    Let me see if I have this correct

This is going to be the 3rd HC season starting this calendar year.
    The first one that covered January and Feb was only a 2 month season, and you figured out that short seasons don't net you as much money.
    And the 2nd season this year, you included the hounds with what seems like very little thought as to their impact, and the hound mechanic drove away an entire group of players: those that need to take frequent afks.
    Didn't make nearly the revenue that you hoped to, did you?
    So now to make up for that you are forcing a 3rd season into the same year, 3 days after you wipe the previous season?

Please start putting more time into your decision making.
    We're all here because we enjoy the game, but bad decisions have killed much bigger games than DDO.
    When this 7th season earns you a very mediocre sum in comparison to other seasons, please reevaluate your current strategy.
    And add to that the fact that these are repeat rewards so why bother playing if you have already done Season 2?

Community Member HedgeHogShadow's Avatar

Question I give up

Ok, I give up. What time does it start?
    Occupy Stormreach

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHogShadow View Post
    Ok, I give up. What time does it start?
    Tomorrow, probably 9am EST.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Any chance of allowing f2p open quests on elite or reaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaiolo View Post
    Any chance of allowing f2p open quests on elite or reaper?
    Too late now.

Ask for Season 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthnight View Post
    And add to that the fact that these are repeat rewards so why bother playing if you have already done Season 2?
    For all the players that didn't play season 2, which includes all F2P players.

20% reaper boost might attract some (like me) who have always gone for favor rewards. Although I probably won't do it, HCL is too intense to do it three times in a year.
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12