Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The seems pretty self-apparent and reasonable

I don't know why people seem so entitled to DD after the event has been closed down anyway. It's not an active server. You're no longer advancing characters on that server. Anything you're getting is solely for export...so really, anything you get after the event ends is a bonus
    I bring my dice and whatever I get to my home server, always transfer on the last day. EVERY HC event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    The goal is to encourage people to transfer now to avoid any last minute problems that delay the closure of the Hardcore server.
    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The seems pretty self-apparent and reasonable

I don't know why people seem so entitled to DD after the event has been closed down anyway. It's not an active server. You're no longer advancing characters on that server. Anything you're getting is solely for export...so really, anything you get after the event ends is a bonus
    It is not a question of whether it seems reasonable rather it is a question of process.

Players in the previous five hardcore seasons, which included three under the Season Pass, had until the last day to do things, including questing as well as Daily Dice rolls, before transferring. Why would anyone think six was different? To not give players notice of the change is the unreasonable part. Had they said last week or two weeks ago, Daily Dice off on Wednesday Nov 30, none of this angst happens. SSG didn't do that.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    It is not a question of whether it seems reasonable rather it is a question of process.

Players in the previous five hardcore seasons, which included three under the Season Pass, had until the last day to do things, including questing as well as Daily Dice rolls, before transferring. Why would anyone think six was different? To not give players notice of the change is the unreasonable part. Had they said last week or two weeks ago, Daily Dice off on Wednesday Nov 30, none of this angst happens. SSG didn't do that.
    point out where the rules say it is intended for daily dice to be rolled after the season has concluded.

Whether or not it was "Intended" or not is academic if the rule isnt defined. it is SSGs intention right now to turn it off. and if that gets people to move their characters sooner, all the better. Its a flippin dice roll dude. It not the end of the world.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    point out where the rules say it is intended for daily dice to be rolled after the season has concluded.

Whether or not it was "Intended" or not is academic if the rule isnt defined. it is SSGs intention right now to turn it off. and if that gets people to move their characters sooner, all the better. Its a flippin dice roll dude. It not the end of the world.
    Update 17 Patch 1

Earn daily rewards from the Dungeon Master just for logging in! When you log into the game each day, you'll get a notification that a daily reward is available. The
    Daily Dice system can be accessed from the start menu, or by clicking the icon that displays in your health bar when a free roll is available (this small icon appears next to the mail icon.) Each player gets a free roll on the Silver Chest loot table once per day (one free roll per account per server per day), and can spend Astral Shards for additional rolls if desired. Players can also choose to use their free Silver Chest roll to reduce the cost of a roll on the Gold Chest table. Players can spend Astral Shards to roll on the Gold Chest table.

You can add a couple of other patch notes and the most recent Producer's Letter granting Gold Rolls.

It is not the dice roll that matters, it is the people who were hoarding Astral Shards to make one last series of daily dice rolls on one last character before the transfer window closed.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Update 17 Patch 1

You can add a couple of other patch notes and the most recent Producer's Letter granting Gold Rolls.

It is not the dice roll that matters, it is the people who were hoarding Astral Shards to make one last series of daily dice rolls on one last character before the transfer window closed.

THose look like patch notes from the Live updates. Doesnt Hardcore have its own rules?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I feel it was done prior to closure to see if any transfer fails occurred- which sounds like it happened. So now there are a couple days to come up with an alternate plan to get characters to Sarlona/Orien where transfers failed. If you are sad and missing your daily dice rolls- good news- HC is coming back next week! I for one think it’s way to soon- but DD gold rolls are the silver lining I suppose.
    Khyber: Baeylan, various Annarras

Quote Originally Posted by Kelledren View Post
    I feel it was done prior to closure to see if any transfer fails occurred- which sounds like it happened. So now there are a couple days to come up with an alternate plan to get characters to Sarlona/Orien where transfers failed. If you are sad and missing your daily dice rolls- good news- HC is coming back next week! I for one think it’s way to soon- but DD gold rolls are the silver lining I suppose.
    Assuming the Daily Dice rolls come back with the new Hardcore Season.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

If it is to avoid a crush of character transfers at the last minute, then it is reasonable.

If it is just to take away a perceived exploit to get an extra DD roll, then it is ... rather petty.
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    If it is to avoid a crush of character transfers at the last minute, then it is reasonable.

If it is just to take away a perceived exploit to get an extra DD roll, then it is ... rather petty.
    They should have given everyone notice. Its not a difficult thing to do.

Community Member

It seems Daily Dice is missing from the Hardcore Server.

What gives?

Tried to post/link a picture but no go, missing security token.
    in all fairness i think this is ok obv there are issues with servers etc maybe a notice they were turning off the dicw qould have been warranted ...........but to my point ........jan 1st 2023 will they or do they have the stones to actually disable daily gold rolls when vip even by their own accord needed to be beefier .....think this was bad lol get your popcorn rdy cuz if they do i see tons of folks including myself cancelling said sub

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    jan 1st 2023 will they or do they have the stones to actually disable daily gold rolls when vip even by their own accord needed to be beefier .....think this was bad lol get your popcorn rdy cuz if they do i see tons of folks including myself cancelling said sub
    This is something I've thought about when the Daily Gold Roll was implemented. Yes, they gave notice way back then so it is 1000% fair to shut it down back to 1 Gold Roll / week. It's just that human behavior adjusts to conditions and when we go from Daily to Weekly, I wonder how folks will feel when it actually hits Jan 1. At least we got fair notice on this one, the same can't be said about a lot of other...things I'm not going into here. (IMHO it's not something to cancel over, but can feel your pain.)

OTOH, maybe they change Gold Roll rewards to be 7x "better", whatever that would entail, when they go back to Weekly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    This is something I've thought about when the Daily Gold Roll was implemented. Yes, they gave notice way back then so it is 1000% fair to shut it down back to 1 Gold Roll / week. It's just that human behavior adjusts to conditions and when we go from Daily to Weekly, I wonder how folks will feel when it actually hits Jan 1. At least we got fair notice on this one, the same can't be said about a lot of other...things I'm not going into here. (IMHO it's not something to cancel over, but can feel your pain.)

OTOH, maybe they change Gold Roll rewards to be 7x "better", whatever that would entail, when they go back to Weekly.
    Yep fair nuff ....in my case it was the dice that got me to re up ,,,that was the beef i was looking for when i unsubed

Character transfers takes seconds (If you tried that recently, you'd notice). Not an impact at all.

They didn't turned off the FREE DAILY dice, but the dice altogether. Spending shards is not an exploit!
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member

I think there should have been a warning period but it seems clear to me the reason is to avoid the large number of transfers in the last 16 hours.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    Character transfers takes seconds (If you tried that recently, you'd notice). Not an impact at all.

They didn't turned off the FREE DAILY dice, but the dice altogether. Spending shards is not an exploit!
    It takes seconds when the transfer rate is low, don't assume it scales proportionally.

Edit: Also likely has a lot to do with a new season starting 2 days after this one shuts down, so if there are transfer problem there is much room to extend while issues get resolved.
    Last edited by Sylvado; 12-01-2022 at 05:04 AM.

Many posts have missed my argument.

SSG made an unannounced change to the hardcore server that affects a small sub-set of players, this change negatively affected at least one player that I know of. Where there is one there is probably more.
    It does not matter if this was planned six months ago or at a meeting on Tuesday night, or if SSG hopes this elevates problems of Transfers on the December 4th or even if they have the best intentions. An unannounced change is an unannounced change.

Between seasons of the Hardcore League players lose their Astral Shards on the Hardcore Server. The easiest thing to spend Astral Shards on Hardcore Server is Daily Dice. If you had managed to rack up 1500 Astral Shards selling "junk" in the shard exchange and thought you had until December 4th (this upcoming Sunday) to do your thing and SSG changes this up with the unannounced change of disabling Daily Dice, now what? There are only so many useful augments you can buy.

Had SSG simply giving notice, say last week, that solves this problem in its entirety, it becomes a non-factor. That is not what SSG did.

Instead at least another player that I know of are taking a "break" from DDO. How many of those players do not return to the game after their break?
    How many player's complain about low player counts, difficulty filling parties, are clamoring for a server merges? This is just another example of something small that had SSG handled different would have retained at least one more paying player.

With respect to Senator Everett McKinley "A player here, a player there, and pretty soon you're talking real money."
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 12-01-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Many posts have missed my argument.

SSG made an unannounced change to the hardcore server that affects a small sub-set of players, this change negatively affected at least one player that I know of. Where there is one there is probably more.
    It does not matter if this was planned six months ago or at a meeting on Tuesday night, or if SSG hopes this elevates problems of Transfers on the December 4th or even if they have the best intentions. An unannounced change is an unannounced change.
    I understand your point and won't say you're wrong. They should have turned off the free daily rolls but left the paid rolls for this specific concern.

However, with all the things that SSG is poor at communicating and documenting, this seems fairly insignificant. I can't see a benefit to waiting until the last day to use the shards for rolls and waiting until the last moment seems like pointlessly flirting with disappointment. I can understand how SSG would have failed to spot this condition as being something needing an announcement. If SSG ever gets a reasonable pattern of communicating with players, I will totally back you up that they should be announcing things like this in advance. Asking for this in light of all there other communication issues seems pointless IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    They should have given everyone notice. Its not a difficult thing to do.
    That sums it up. A simple heads up "this is what we're gonna do on a X date" would've solved the issue. Basic communication would've prevent ****ing off a group a customers. Are they a small subset of players? Sure, but why actively antagonize a group of paying customers by not communicating with them so they don't find themselves with astral shards and their planned dumped for them removed... Little things like this slowly reduce player morale bit by bit.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I agree with SSG on removing daily dice on HC prior to the last day in order to get people to transfer. They don't want to deal with people who missed the deadline and it makes sense to not incentivize staying until the last day to avoid creating upset players.

But yes, they absolutely should have announced it last week, at least, so you don't have players stuck with a bunch of non-transferable shards they were planning on using for rolls on the last day. They had dice enabled up to the last day afaik in the past, so a change in policy should have been noticed so you don't have players losing out of a bunch of shards they earned or purchased with intention of using them for rolls.

SSG should reverse course on this and turn rolls back on and allow them up until the last day (Sunday), just for this season. And then going forward they should add a disclaimer to the Hardcore ddo.com web page that daily dice rolls are not available during the last week of the transfer period or whatever time period they choose. And then start doing it for Season 7 and onwards.

I'm going to guess they did this on a whim and just didn't quite think this through. If I had earned or purchased tons of shards on hardcore and was saving them up for the last day just to have SSG turn it off without any warning I'd be really upset. Not that it's good to wait until the last day, but SSG had allowed it in the past so players rightfully assumed that's how it would work this time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast