Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It’s not quite that easy.

5 piece blood piece will give you 100 HP per epic level when you rage. So yes, 1,200 HP from rage of the beast.

Catch is you can’t cast spells while raging and the second you stop raging the HP go away.

Shifter has the ability to cast while raging (and also gets +4 WIS). Tier 2 draconic will also allow you to cast while raging.

So you’ll need to keep that in mind. I think I get 12/13 rages that regen every 90 seconds as a shifter, so effectively limitless.

Draconic/rage of the beast don’t regen and rage of the beast only gives you 2/shrine.

I think there is an augment that’ll give you more rages? Not sure if there are other ways to regen them.

Then I get 1,000 HP from affirmation proc. I use the dryad staff with call lightning which lasts for 90 seconds. Equip staff, cast, swap back to main weapon. Works pretty well.

Seasons herald is my last clicky. It’s an easy wisdom x8 every minute. 864 more HP.

Thing I love about temp HP is it’s not mitigated by reaper. I can only self heal for 364 HP in r10, but if all I ever lose are temp HP, it doesn’t really matter.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PedXing20 View Post
    [...]

Then I get 1,000 HP from affirmation proc. I use the dryad staff with call lightning which lasts for 90 seconds. Equip staff, cast, swap back to main weapon. Works pretty well.

[...]
    Let me get this straight. equip affirmation item. cast call lightning storm. unequip affirmation item and then the affirmation still procs whenever the call lightning storm hits?

Btw. really nice idea with blood feast and shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Let me get this straight. equip affirmation item. cast call lightning storm. unequip affirmation item and then the affirmation still procs whenever the call lightning storm hits?
    That's correct. Works for a lot of things. The effect is snap shotted at the time of the spell cast. Works on death auras, fvs archon, etc...

help please, I can't see legendary affirmation bonus on my legendary green scepter.
    tier 1: Legendary Inferior Focus of Positive Energy + Legendary Diluted Material Essence + Legendary Cloudy Gem of Opposition
    tier 2: Legendary Focus of Positive Energy + Legendary Material Essence + Legendary Gem of Opposition
    tier 3: Legendary Superior Focus of Positive Energy + Legendary Superior Focus of Positive Energy + Legendary Pure Material Essence + Legendary Flawless Gem of Opposition

I put the 3 shards in the weapon slots but I don't read legendary affirmation anywhere in the weapon description: did I make any mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I put the 3 shards in the weapon slots but I don't read legendary affirmation anywhere in the weapon description: did I make any mistakes?
    Try equip it?
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    Try equip it?
    You are right, by equipping the item the item description changes with legendary affirmation: DDO trolled me!
    Last edited by Michele; 01-14-2023 at 10:13 AM.

- -
    Last edited by Michele; 04-28-2023 at 08:36 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Change the equipment to fit a legendary green steel belt with:
    - competence bonus to intelligence skills +22 (tier 1)
    - profane bonus to spell points +151 (tier 1)
    - insightful bonus to intelligence skills +11 (tier 2)
    - insightful bonus to spell points +151 (tier 2)
    - quality bonus to intelligence skills +6 (tier 3)
    - insightful bonus to spell points +75 (tier 3)
    - nightshield clicky
    I really like this latest set-up. I will try it soon. I'm still short on ED points, so I will have to make some adjustments. If you stay with DB as race, then you will definitely want the emerald of greater rage from Swin at Your Own Risk. It gives +3 rages after you rest.

- -
    Last edited by Michele; 04-28-2023 at 08:36 AM.

- -
    Last edited by Michele; 04-28-2023 at 08:37 AM.

- -
    Last edited by Michele; 04-28-2023 at 08:37 AM.

Community Member

Some questions about spell crit chance.
    1)
    The universal from elders set stacks with the same 6% from hurts?!

2)
    The necklace, what does it actually give?
    I sounds like it's one of those things that's much better sounding than in practice.
    Aka, it stacks the 2% crit chance?
    And arnt spells already at max caster level so the added level from neck is only good for leveling.

3)
    I don't have access to Dino crafting.
    Is there any lgs that helps crit chance these days still?

I was planning on doing 7 autumn, and 4 winter as my gear,
    But that gem of many facts might change things IFF that 6% crit chance stacks.

The cladding of leaves fey twisted armor just looks sooo nice for extra crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn42 View Post
    Some questions about spell crit chance.
    1)
    The universal from elders set stacks with the same 6% from hurts?!

2)
    The necklace, what does it actually give?
    I sounds like it's one of those things that's much better sounding than in practice.
    Aka, it stacks the 2% crit chance?
    And arnt spells already at max caster level so the added level from neck is only good for leveling.

3)
    I don't have access to Dino crafting.
    Is there any lgs that helps crit chance these days still?

I was planning on doing 7 autumn, and 4 winter as my gear,
    But that gem of many facts might change things IFF that 6% crit chance stacks.

The cladding of leaves fey twisted armor just looks sooo nice for extra crit chance.
    The universal from elders set stacks with the same 6% from hruit.

Dragonborn necklace gives +2 max caster level and +1 caster level, while the necklace gives the additional +1 caster level to compensate the +2 max caster levels of the dragonborn.
    the +2% crit chance of necklace stacks.
    the +10 exceptional cold spellpower does not stack with the +15 of clouded dreams or cladding of leaves fey twisted armor.

I still use legendary green steel items for items that buff intelligence and charisma skills.
    I use dino bone staff to get the +5% spell critical chance that you get from feytwisted leaves armor, spell crit damage on dinosaur bone artifact and dinosaur bone cloak, buff and debuff bone scepters to swap when I cast a single call lightning storm every 1.5 minutes.
    Last edited by Michele; 04-28-2023 at 08:39 AM.

Hey! Considering playing cold druid for the first time and wondering why you did not go for ruin/greater ruin, since you are already going T5 draconic? I asked some guildies who play druid, and they did not understand either, but clearly you know what you are doing lol. Thanks!
    Sheikra - Completionist Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxcore View Post
    Hey! Considering playing cold druid for the first time and wondering why you did not go for ruin/greater ruin, since you are already going T5 draconic? I asked some guildies who play druid, and they did not understand either, but clearly you know what you are doing lol. Thanks!
    I need the +2 DC and 75 spellpower from embolden and intensify and I always have them active: my salt ray, greater color spray and burst of glacial wrath do not have 95% chance in all r10 content, so removing that +2 DC is not an option.

against reapers I use word of balance spell + Season's herald SLAs.

I tested ruin + greater ruin in R10 "Wake me up inside" and sometimes they both didn't kill 1 mob, so they are mot 100% reliable and their performance is based on luck: how does it work its spell critical chance? force spell critical chance (only 47%) for the force portion and cold spell critical chance (74%) for cold portion? For sure you don't oneshot a doom reaper or r10 red named with them.

Anyway good players in this forum demonstrated to run R10 content with only 107 evocation DC and their ice flowers damage is still good with all mobs saving it for half damage, also they will say that 75 apell power from intensify is a waste of epic feat.

I suggest you to watch the R10 videos of different druids to decide which play style you prefer.

ruin: 2366 crit force, 1087 non crit cold
    greater ruin: 4732 crit force, 2174 non crit cold

at 1:48 of the video "ddo cold druid - solo r10 demon assault" at "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N37zgtPkDoQ" against a reaper.

In another video ("DDO Cold Druid - Solo R10 Ravens' Bane" at minute 1:10 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWekE6WIJ_s) Zingy's Ruin did 899 force non crit + 3447 cold crit damage, but before that he used Tsunami (for unknown damage) and Dragon Breath for 7949 cold damage: as you can see, Ruin barely removed 10% of that Despair Reaper health with critical hit and he could have obtained the same result by casting Word of Balance.

Zingy's build is dps focused and published several R10 solo videos.

Then you can see at minute 0:22 of my video "Bullywugs and booby traps R10 Druid" at "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-NCWzCaOUM"
    where word of balance does double damage "1091 non crit" + "3284 crit" against a reaper.

after less than 5 seconds word of balance was off cooldown and I used it again against a bullywug dealing 3160 crit damage.

As you can see the difference of damage is not so great and consider that Zingy probably has higher spell crit damage than me from dragonsoul/coalesced filigrees (and in update 58 you will add Thorn Lance for 1d6+8 piercing damage per caster level to your spell rotation).

At this "DDO Cold Druid solo r10, Raven's bane" at the beginning of "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQoQJeWmFMU", Tulaketh barely reduced a Vengeance Reaper to 50% health with both Ruin and Greater Ruin (he spent 850 spell points for just 2 reapers that could have easily been made helpless with greater color spray and destroyed with tsunami+dragon breath).
    At 2:45 of the same video he casts ruin + greater ruin to a Doom Reaper barely removing 5% of his health: as you can see all the dirty work is done by creeping cold + greater creeping cold.
    Last edited by Michele; 04-28-2023 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks for the response about ruin/greater ruin! I assume that also applies to wellspring, which surprised me that it wasn't there. I noticed a lot of dps nukers have crush weakness, why are epic spell power positive/sonic better than that? I could be missing something, but it seems like +15% is better than +5%? Thanks

Thanks for the response about ruin/greater ruin! I assume that also applies to wellspring, which surprised me that it wasn't there. I noticed a lot of dps nukers have crush weakness, why are epic spell power positive/sonic better than that? I could be missing something, but it seems like +15% is better than +5%? Thanks
    the 5% from each epic spell focus feat stacks: I took the last epic spell power sonic to give +5% stacking spell critical damage to cold/force/positive spells.

Crush weakness is a good choice, but I prefer to deal more damage to red named mobs with that 5% rather than +15% damage to just regular mobs that are usually killed anyway with the combo bogw/tsunami/dragonbreath.

Wellspring of power is a great choice at level 21 but I prefer the +1 evocation DC because for me it's very important to get an evocation DC as close as possible to 130 (burst of glacial wrath fortitude save needs a lot of love, especially against those orange named triceratops in R10 Wild Thing in isle of dread, and salt ray must be cheap and effective without heighten spell feat and with just quicken and embolden spell feats).
    Last edited by Michele; 01-31-2023 at 07:55 AM.

Do you consider this the ideal settup for raiding as well? Or just for soloing/grouping r10s? It think(?) that you would want some threat reduction for raids? Also ruin/gruin/wellspring are better for raid dps? Or maybe I just have no clue whats what

Do you consider this the ideal settup for raiding as well? Or just for soloing/grouping r10s? It think(?) that you would want some threat reduction for raids? Also ruin/gruin/wellspring are better for raid dps? Or maybe I just have no clue whats what
    In raids:
    1) one more epic spell power feat is more useful than crush weakness;
    2) wellspring of power is better than epic spell focus evocation;
    3) you could equip weapon and artifact with dps filigrees instead of DC filigrees;
    4) epic quiver of alacrity has 15% spell threat reduction, but it's not an issue if LH lord of blades or LH Vision of destruction boss come after me;
    5) I usually spam creeping cold, greater creeping cold, ice flowers and I keep the group alive in raids, in many raids I can't afford to use ruin + greater ruin every 15 seconds due to their high spell points cost.
    Last edited by Michele; 04-28-2023 at 08:45 AM.

Sorry for the load of question, but I was wondering if you considered Reflection of Wave Qstaff. Just been reading through as many druid builds as I can and that staff is coming up a bit, but the builds are 6-9 months old. Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast