Default Bug: Tomb of the Blighted: Perma-blighted outside quest through logout

Yesterday I did the quest "Tomb of the Blighted". After finishing the quest I still had the blighted effect. It was permanent: I could use a Heal scroll every few seconds to cure my ability score damage; but each blight countdown would apply them again. This persisted through re-logging my character.

The only solution was to ask the quest-giver to repeat the quest and have the purifying water fountain cure my blight, and then recall. This meant that I was no longer flagged for The Cursed Crypt.

I think the best bug fix would be to make it so that leaving the quest removes the blighted effect. And maybe as a backup bug fix, make re-logging in town remove all negative effects on your character.

Default slash death

Death didn't clear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Death didn't clear it?
    Thanks! That's a good idea - I didn't try that, but will remember to try it if something like this happens again.

re enter the quest and hit a shrine?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by archest View Post
    re enter the quest and hit a shrine?
    Yes you need to reenter the quest and cleanse yourself with the fountain near the entrance.