Default A single imbue at a time?

So Tiefling Scoundrel can't take advantage of Bloodsong in the racial tree and Resonant Arms in the Swashbuckling tree at the same time? That seems thematically broken. Racial imbues should stack with everything (or give extra dice even when not in use) otherwise why bother?

Every imbue should give additional dice when not in use, IMO, as it takes resources to obtain. But yeah, as is there is little reason to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    Every imbue should give additional dice when not in use, IMO, as it takes resources to obtain. But yeah, as is there is little reason to have both.
    Exactly this, I honestly thought it worked this way until I tested it out and was shocked they would design this so foolishly.

Nobody is going to buy multiple imbues if the base imbue does nothing but offer you the opportunity to switch. They will just pick the best one and stick with it.

Tiefling is not working at all.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dameron View Post
    So Tiefling Scoundrel can't take advantage of Bloodsong in the racial tree and Resonant Arms in the Swashbuckling tree at the same time? That seems thematically broken. Racial imbues should stack with everything (or give extra dice even when not in use) otherwise why bother?
    yeah idk whats going on here seems werid choices

Community Member

And, on the flip-side, every "additional dice" ability should give you a base imbue if you don't already have one, because they take resource to obtain and otherwise do nothing.

Community Member

This is why the imbue system for most is a nerf. Look at Harbinger of chaos feat. Before you got 20 melee power and other stuff, now you get a whopping 1 imbue and little else? And to top it off, you have to be chaotic to use it. The same with embodiment of law... nerf nerf. Of course, theres going to be some people here who are going to come up with some wierd build that gives so many imbues that they will still be OP, but thats the exception.

I see imbue in the draconic tree and i dont even know what it does....
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    This is why the imbue system for most is a nerf. Look at Harbinger of chaos feat. Before you got 20 melee power and other stuff, now you get a whopping 1 imbue and little else? And to top it off, you have to be chaotic to use it. The same with embodiment of law... nerf nerf. Of course, theres going to be some people here who are going to come up with some wierd build that gives so many imbues that they will still be OP, but thats the exception.
    what?
    Harbinger of Chaos didn't give melee power, it gave 1d20 chaos damage scaling with melee power or 2d20 against lawful targets, it was not and never was granting you melee power.
    Now it gives 2% doublestrike and doubleshot (regardless of alignment) and an additional +2 imbue dice if you are chaotic.
    Overall the feat is far better than it was unless you capped your doublestrike even if you do not use imbues and aren't chaotic.

Embodiment of law is debatable, it was 10, (20 to chaotic enemies) on hit damage scaling with melee power, overall a negligible amount, now it's +3prr/mrr which while not much and not a dps gain is still somewhat universally useful and if you're an imbue focused lawful build it's giving you +2 imbue dice which is anywhere from 2d6 to 2d10.

Quote Originally Posted by kpak01 View Post
    And, on the flip-side, every "additional dice" ability should give you a base imbue if you don't already have one, because they take resource to obtain and otherwise do nothing.
    Agreed. All abilities that give imbue dice should 100% give SOME kind of base imbue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Ya it completely sucks this imbue system.. One of my main builds I play is a Tiefling Scoundrel.. I have max racial points I take all cores.. and other stuff.. it was nice having multiple Sonic damage appearing as the monsters hit points went down. It was nice that this was a PASSIVE.. not a stupid imbue.. Then on top of that.. I used to use Resonant arms.. 6 points got me 6d6 sonic damage on crits.. which was often with my 15-20 threat range with hand axe, now its a stupid imbue. Even Icy arms I think it was in Warchanter.. added cold damage to hits.. now a stupid imbue.. Then Scion of Feywild added sonic damage to attacks also.. but now its that stupid +3 imbue dice... We didnt want this ****.. why why.. do they insist to change the game and add things that just make the game even more broke.. I mean are the trying to run the rest of the few players left away to other games? Im about there myself..
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Personally, I'd wish they did either of these:

Option 1:
    • Bloodhunt/Bloodsong 1: 1d6 Fire Imbue, multiplied by spellpower.
    • Bloodhunt/Bloodsong 2: +1 Imbue Dice
    • Bloodhunt/Bloodsong 3: +1 Imbue Dice

Option 2:
    • Bloodhunt/Bloodsong 1: 1d6 (Fire or Sonic) Imbue, multiplied by spellpower.
    • Bloodhunt/Bloodsong 2: Imbue increases to d8 on targets under 50% health.
    • Bloodhunt/Bloodsong 3: Imbue increases to d10 on targets under 50% health.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member ImaginaryLogic's Avatar

Wait, so you only get one stack of imbue dice? For instance, if you have a drow eldritch knight, they get either 10 dice from spellsword or 3 from their racial ap, rather than 13 all the time?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryLogic View Post
    Wait, so you only get one stack of imbue dice? For instance, if you have a drow eldritch knight, they get either 10 dice from spellsword or 3 from their racial ap, rather than 13 all the time?
    Imbue dice are universal. You can only have one imbue toggle up at a time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryLogic View Post
    A drow eldritch knight inquisitive (for example) can have either the racial imbue, one of the four elemental imbues from eldritch knight, or the law imbue from inquisitive turned on. No matter which one they have toggled on, they get all the +imbue dice they spent AP on in any of the three trees.

Community Member

You do 'lose' one imbue die on paper if you ran multiple imbues before...but I think they balanced it so you usually come out even or ahead in actual damage

I think they're worried about low-hanging imbues becoming just a cheap +1, and everyone splashing 3 Inqui etc

Angry

Stop messing up our enhancement trees, And do a proper imbue system with it's own 'trees' like reaper. They should be flavor and give unique paths to your already existing build.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex800 View Post
    Stop messing up our enhancement trees, And do a proper imbue system with it's own 'trees' like reaper. They should be flavor and give unique paths to your already existing build.
    I suggested awhile back they do trees like this for Reincarnations instead of the very very complicated system we have now to streamline it for us and new players. Could be a very large web even like in POE for reincarnation points, just anything is possible.

I don't believe imbues should be given a tree tbh, i think they honestly need their own feat support to make them build viable ya know? If you play a pure class btw unless your an AA-elf or Inqui XYZ your down for the count on an imbue build as far as it being a primary damage source ONLY exceptions are trees designed for it specifically like EKs and Vile Chemist, Warchanter is in a weird limbo of being good, and not so good all at the same time with its imbues ... so long as you run sonic out of swash.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    A drow eldritch knight inquisitive (for example) can have either the racial imbue, one of the four elemental imbues from eldritch knight, or the law imbue from inquisitive turned on. No matter which one they have toggled on, they get all the +imbue dice they spent AP on in any of the three trees.
    So...making this up....but if I have say one imbue for fire for 2d6, another for sonic for 1d6 and maybe another for law for another 1d6 I would get 4d6 dice in either fire, sonic or law ? depending on which one I toggle?

If so I totally misunderstood how this works!

I guess this was done for background performance gains

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amorais View Post
    So...making this up....but if I have say one imbue for fire for 2d6, another for sonic for 1d6 and maybe another for law for another 1d6 I would get 4d6 dice in either fire, sonic or law ? depending on which one I toggle?

If so I totally misunderstood how this works!

I guess this was done for background performance gains
    No. You do not get imbue dice for the base imbue toggles. Imbue dice are a separate stat and are universal. You won't have an fire imbue toggle for 2d6, they all start at 1dX. In your example It'll be 1d6 fire damage from the imbue toggle + 1d6 from imbue dice. That imbue dice can be applied to any other imbue toggle and will vary based on the imbue toggle you are using.