Default Storm Singer Bard - No swashbuckler Tree??

Just respec'd an old bard toon of mine to try out this Storm Singer. For some reason I'm not able to use swashbuckler as a normal bard could. Am I missing something? or is that not possible with storm singer? I kinda liked having some points in swashbuckling with rapier n buckler. even better with storm singer could use rapier and orb(i think orb counts for Swash iircc) I do see the other bard enchantment options though. Is this a bug or anyone talked about this already? Thanks

Community Member

This is how Stormsinger was designed. No swash.

archetypes are different from the base class, instead of adding more classes, we may expect just them being modified with new archetypes.

about stormsinger, for example:

Changes from Base Class:

Lose
    Improved Inspire Courage +1 (8)
    Improved Inspire Courage +2 (14)
    Improved Inspire Courage +3 (20)
    Ballad Melody: Greatness (9)
    Inspiration Melody: Heroics (15)
    Swashbuckler enhancements

Gain
    Feat: Magical Training (1)
    The following spells are added to the list of spells that you can select: Shocking Grasp (1), Electric Loop (2), Lightning Bolt (3), Ball Lightning (4), Chain Lightning (5), Thunderstroke (6)
    Stormsinger enhancements

read the whole thing:

https://ddowiki.com/page/Stormsinger

note: you'll notice stormsinger has its own past life feat, different from bard, you'll not get both, but for the completionist feat unlock (having one pl for every class) it will count as a bard life. this is true for all archetypes.

more info at https://ddowiki.com/page/Archetype
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

WAI so if you want to melee with a Stormsinger, investing in the Warchanter, Feydark Illusionist, and/or Vistani Knife Fighter trees will be your main options unless you multiclass. Though really Stormsinger is meant to be the Evocation-focused caster bard archetype; anything else seems like a waste of its tree IMO.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

ahh gotcha, thanks for all the info on this everyone. I actually didn't realize till pointed out here the info on having a separate past life, pretty interesting. Ill finish through this life and maybe next do swash bard again. The build I used was Bard 18 mainly swash with 2 sorc for some eldritch knight stuff. any thoughts on that appreciated. thanks again!
    Last edited by Zaymin; 11-15-2022 at 06:17 AM.

In my opinion this made no sense at all as stormsinger even has singer in the name, should have replaced spellsinger or even warchanter, seeing as how it doesn't get inspire greatness which affects TWO core abilities of warchanter.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    In my opinion this made no sense at all as stormsinger even has singer in the name, should have replaced spellsinger or even warchanter, seeing as how it doesn't get inspire greatness which affects TWO core abilities of warchanter.
    It makes more thematic sense to keep Chanter, even if mechanically you would probably never make a melee Stormsinger, and it really WANTS access to spellsinger mechanically... so swashbuckler went, even though there was probably more useful dip in there for a casting stormsinger than WC.

Warchanter is a waste of an enhancement tree for the Stormsinger. I tried to get Lynn to put the stuff that you need to make that tree function in the upper tiers to the Warchanter Tree. But I got shouted down by a bunch of people who don't know how bards work.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.