No Raid gear

23/23/50/39/26/74
    1569/3422
    Sonic 660/56/30
    Universal 290/16/20
    Fort 246
    PRR/MRR 118/50
    5 piece Autumn

I'm looking for suggestions on improving what I'm wearing.
    Don't raid unless it's a solo effort so that gear isn't available to me. I can solo EH Chrono Raid but thats it.
    I can solo EE without dying for the most part but its a PITA and not fun.
    Im at cap so it'd be for farming only.

Weapon: Nightmother's Sceptre
    Offhand: Legendary Hallowsphere
    Armor: Legendary Robe of the Autumn Winds
    Belt: Legendary Belt of the Ram
    Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots
    Bracers: Legendary Hallowed Castigators
    Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Autumn
    Gloves: Legendary Deadringers
    Goggles: Legendary Collective Sight -- Cha/Cha
    Helm: Epic Minos Legens
    Necklace: Celestial Insignia
    Ring1: Legendary Nocturne Ring
    Ring2: Legendary Ring of Spring's Storms
    Trinket: Legendary Battleworn Medal

Thanks...

I'm working on a cap bard at the moment but not sure about optimizing with non-raid gear. I've currently figured out how to get sonic to 913/60/95 but pulling out all the stops I can find, definitely some raid gear in the mix. Consider rotating in Zawabi raid if you are set on soloing (though I'm not saying its the answer for bards per se). Lower level epic raid that has decent upgrade gear that can be solo'ed when you are at cap. Also consider practicing solo at cap on the level 18 or 20 versions of Visions of Destruction, Master Artificer and Lord of Blades raids, and then maybe consider joining some raid groups for the legendary versions. I know on Ghallanda there are very nice guilds that run those and explain what's going on. Technically, the new dino crafting stuff is mostly accessible without raiding. Only thing you can't grind without raiding are the armor, head, cloak items and the special versions of weapons with set bonus. Fully decking out dino appears to be something that will take some time though.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Also would recommend the Dryad and Demigod Raid (culture), it's just full of good friendly vibes, at least on my server and it has https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Vivace,_the_Dreamcarver which is nice for bard, though not must have or anything like that.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Thanks Oliphant,

Folks running raids these days do so on Reaper and they have so many reaper points that it makes joining them tough.
    I have run some raids and Dryad is a lot of fun.
    I will take a look at Zawabi. TY
    Dino stuff ... its a GRIND! Maybe after lots of lives and collectings lots of materials I will consider putting together a set but I dont plan on keeping this Bard.
    Yes, I saw the Vivance on several builds and is the weapon of choice for a Bard.
    The question is how long will I play this Bard before I TR and is it worth going through the efforts.
    If I already had some choice gear that would tip the scales and make this an exceptional build I would leave him as a Bard and max him out. I'm thinking there are better builds towards those efforts.

Thanks for your response,
    Sparty

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Thanks Oliphant,

Folks running raids these days do so on Reaper and they have so many reaper points that it makes joining them tough.
    I have run some raids and Dryad is a lot of fun.
    I will take a look at Zawabi. TY
    Dino stuff ... its a GRIND! Maybe after lots of lives and collectings lots of materials I will consider putting together a set but I dont plan on keeping this Bard.
    Yes, I saw the Vivance on several builds and is the weapon of choice for a Bard.
    The question is how long will I play this Bard before I TR and is it worth going through the efforts.
    If I already had some choice gear that would tip the scales and make this an exceptional build I would leave him as a Bard and max him out. I'm thinking there are better builds towards those efforts.

Thanks for your response,
    Sparty
    People run Dryad etc. on reaper on your server? On Thelanis for PUGs it's mostly quick hard runs (too hot to handle normal, older raids like Baba and Strahd R1, below cap raids R1 or elite depending if lvl 32s could enter reaper or not)

Yeah dino stuff and raid gear is a huge grind. I think it's mostly worth after you no longer change builds all the time. After you did you class lives, you can run your favorite spec for many racials and get good use of cap gear, staying at cap for a while each life.

Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda