Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Update 57 Official Release Notes

Can be found here: https://www.ddo.com/update-notes/ddo...-release-notes

Update will be tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

would be so nice if someone o like Cordovan had posted this....

Community Member

Yay the imbues no one wanted or asked for.

But....OMFG.......OMFG.....OMFG.......THE PHASE SPIDER CHANGE!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

So two rounds of questions around why the nerf to Animal domain and FvS Stout of Heart and how this negatively affects healers, a big FU to us, thanks.

And I will second and third the comment on why are these changes are even happening. No one asked for them. And until you fix all the stuff that is broken, that people actually care about, there is NO NEED TO SHAKE THINGS UP.

Stuff this where the sun doesn't shine.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    So two rounds of questions around why the nerf to Animal domain and FvS Stout of Heart and how this negatively affects healers, a big FU to us, thanks.
    They could've put hit points and competence bonuses in t5 or level 18 or 20 cores of the FvS & Cleric heal trees. It would've made healers happy and would've given a reason to play pure and not 17/3 heal bot splits.

I'm thinking it's time to step away from the game for a bit.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

I'm thinking it's time to step away from the game for a bit.
    Good idea, take a few weeks off, thats how long it takes for them going to bug fix everything they WILL break in the update, 100% sure there will be a bug exploit that probably shut the servers down in like (SNAP instantly), remember the Dread XP wilderness, literally any and all of Mr MURPHY will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtalktree View Post
    Good idea, take a few weeks off, thats how long it takes for them going to bug fix everything they WILL break in the update, 100% sure there will be a bug exploit that probably shut the servers down in like (SNAP instantly), remember the Dread XP wilderness, literally any and all of Mr MURPHY will happen.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

I wonder what these sweeping changes are going to do? I have a few characters that are absolutely going to need an LR before they are playable again.

I'm guessing the entire point of this update was to sell lesser hearts. Look for a sale on them day after tomorrow.
    If I can read the dev tracker, you can too.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Personally, I don't have any problems with the hit point and imbue changes; I'm pretty excited for this update, especially since it fixes a couple of ED bugs that have had me, uh, bugged.

Slight silly gripe - Wouldn't it have made more sense to have Vecna's silhouette for the image instead of what looks like a guy in a robe?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatcthulhu View Post
    Slight silly gripe - Wouldn't it have made more sense to have Vecna's silhouette for the image instead of what looks like a guy in a robe?
    Why is Vecna involved at all? I thought this was a planar eyes thing.

Default Imbue?

Not a sarcastic question - can anyone tell me the purpose of this change, what brought it on, and what this really will mean for end game?
    Will it help with lag? Is it a new D&D rule book thing?

Thanks
    Gordion ~ Jaheira ~ Piccolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    Not a sarcastic question - can anyone tell me the purpose of this change, what brought it on, and what this really will mean for end game?

Thanks
    At rough guess I would say it is to do with the level cap eventually reaching 40 (like the Epic Destiny changes). I dare say there will be other things that get changed over the coming months/years until level 40 arrives.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    DDO's and SSG's mission statement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Community Member

Thanks
    Lag reduction and preparing the game for the jump to lvl 40. The HP changes are somewhat centered around making the game friendlier to new players. The imbue dice heavily simplify and unify a bunch of completely disparate systems; which both should reduce lag and reduce complexity.

None of this has anything at all to do with DnD, and is yet another major move away from the source(which, fyi, does not scale to 40). But its here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post
    Lag reduction and preparing the game for the jump to lvl 40. The HP changes are somewhat centered around making the game friendlier to new players. The imbue dice heavily simplify and unify a bunch of completely disparate systems; which both should reduce lag and reduce complexity.

None of this has anything at all to do with DnD, and is yet another major move away from the source(which, fyi, does not scale to 40). But its here.
    NWN's 2nd Expansion Hordes of the Underdark, released in December 2003, allowed for character level 40.

Whatever else is true your comment about DnD and level 40 is false and has been so for decades now.

Quote Originally Posted by helpfulguy1234 View Post
    Yay the imbues no one wanted or asked for
    But you did, albeit indirectly. Based on the kinds of changes they're doing, an idiot coded their PRNG and for whatever reason, they feel like they're stuck with it. So, they're doing everything they can to reduce the number of dice rolls and thus improve the performance of the server. Ever check the number of dice rolled PER hit due to procs, sneaks, +W weapon, etc. etc.. It's absurd when all you really need is a fairly stable number with enough variation to make it "feel" interesting to the player.

Hint for devs: optimal for non-cryptographic PRNG (such as is OK for an RPG) is about 3 machine instructions per PRNG word. XdY dice rolls don't have to be exact, too. You can map an XdY series from XdW with W as the machine word size and end up with identical distribution and thus eliminate 10s to 100s of unnecessary modulus calculations PER hit (and a "more random" result, since you'd not be discarding entropy with interim calcs).

18. 11-08-2022, 07:56 PM

Thanks
    The imbue change sounds to me as if it might be for streamlining the code (just a somewhat educated guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    Hint for devs: optimal for non-cryptographic PRNG (such as is OK for an RPG) is about 3 machine instructions per PRNG word. XdY dice rolls don't have to be exact, too. You can map an XdY series from XdW with W as the machine word size and end up with identical distribution and thus eliminate 10s to 100s of unnecessary modulus calculations PER hit (and a "more random" result, since you'd not be discarding entropy with interim calcs).
    Sounds like a nice algorithm.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    NWN's 2nd Expansion Hordes of the Underdark, released in December 2003, allowed for character level 40.

Whatever else is true your comment about DnD and level 40 is false and has been so for decades now.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverw..._the_Underdark

You're using a freaking DnD video game to try and argue a point about the actual tabletop game. Your argument is completely invalid.

Let me role this back even further: you do know DnD is a tabletop RPG, right? When someone makes a video game of the tabletop game, the video game's rules do not apply.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast