Default Druid caster dino(?) gear

I've been collecting Dino ingredients but I'm not sure what to make. I aim for a good balance between dps and survivability on this cold/electric build. I don't think I'm getting as much out of this character as I could in terms of damage and I'm curious if my gear is lacking somewhere.

Googles: LGS unconscious range/healing
    Neck: LGS negative oppo
    Cloak: LGS fire oppo
    Trinket: pale lav (yes this is dumb but I need spell absorb somewhere)
    Helm: crown of snow, winter, spell craft +19
    Belt: direbear, winter, festive con +2
    Gloves: prince’s gauntlet, winter, +50 healing amp, +54 false life, +6 evocation
    Boots: deepsnow, winter, feather falling
    Armor: cladding of dead leaves, autumn, +2 mythic, defense +32
    Bracers: green dragonscale, autumn, master’s gift
    Ring 1: elemental ring of lightning, wis +12, insightful wis, +5
    Ring 2: elemental ring of frost, undying sapphire, festive wis +2
    Main hand: rod of mythant, dragonsoul x5, frozen wandered x3, (most not rare), meridian fragment
    Off hand, captain’s spyglass, essence of epic litany
    Quiver of alacrity

thanks
    Last edited by crazycaren; 11-09-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazycaren View Post
    I've been collecting Dino ingredients but I'm not sure what to make. I aim for a good balance between dps and survivability on this cold/electric build. I don't think I'm getting as much out of this character as I could in terms of damage and I'm curious if my gear is lacking somewhere.

Googles: LGS unconscious range/healing
    Neck: LGS negative oppo
    Cloak: LGS fire oppo
    Trinket: pale lav (yes this is dumb but I need spell absorb somewhere)
    Helm: crown of snow, winter, spell craft +19
    Belt: direbear, winter, festive con +2
    Gloves: prince’s gauntlet, winter, +50 healing amp, +54 false life, +6 evocation
    Boots: deepsnow, winter, feather falling
    Armor: cladding of dead leaves, autumn, +2 mythic, defense +32
    Bracers: green dragonscale, autumn, master’s gift
    Ring 1: elemental ring of lightning, wis +12, insightful wis, +5
    Ring 2: elemental ring of frost, undying sapphire, festive wis +2
    Main hand: rod of mythant, dragonsoul x5, frozen wandered x3, (most not rare), meridian fragment
    Off hand, captain’s spyglass, essence of epic litany

thanks
    I use
    4 piece winter (helm, boot, bracers, cloak)
    Leg fhruits influence set (armor, gloves necklace- sea)
    Leg coll sight (con, iwis)
    Leg black satin waist (qwis)
    Bottle of smoke (speed, blur)
    Art: black pearl ring
    Leg celestial sapphire ring (dodge, prof well round)
    Leg morninglirds scepter
    Leg giants platter shield

Slot the usuals

Quote Originally Posted by jasonayoung View Post
    I use
    4 piece winter (helm, boot, bracers, cloak)
    Leg fhruits influence set (armor, gloves necklace- sea)
    Leg coll sight (con, iwis)
    Leg black satin waist (qwis)
    Bottle of smoke (speed, blur)
    Art: black pearl ring
    Leg celestial sapphire ring (dodge, prof well round)
    Leg morninglirds scepter
    Leg giants platter shield

Slot the usuals
    Cool

If you had the quiver of alacrity and blur from enhancements you’d get your trinket spot back.

Community Member

I have a caster druid, but i went for two levels of monk and one wizard also.

But my gear is currenly:

Belt: IOD minor artifact - force crit multiplier + sacred dc
    Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots - winter
    Bracers: Legendary Bracers of the Glacier
    Cloak: Legendary Walking Ancestor's Shroud – spell dc
    Gloves: Legendary Gloves of the Glacier
    Goggles: Potency
    Helm: IOD – cold crit multiplier + profane dc + walking ancestor set bonus
    Necklace: elders
    Ring 1: Legendary Ring of Winter's Chill - winter
    Ring 2: Biting sands
    Trinket: Gem of many facets with elders and biting sands. sheltering of wisdom with ins physical sheltering...
    Armor: IOD + walking ancestor set bonus
    Main hand: Reflection of Wave
    Off hand:
    Quiver: epic quiver of alacrity – har stealth strike

This is what i plan for in the future for now:

Belt: IOD minor artifact
    Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers – potency, quality wisdom +3
    Goggles: Legendary Eyes of the Black Earth
    Helm: IOD
    Ring 1: Legendary The Earth and the Sky
    Trinket: Gem of many facets with elders and biting sands. ??? of wisdom with ins physical sheltering...
    Armor: IOD
    Off hand:

Both of these gear setups lack a little dc. No quality wisdom on the first one and no quality spell focus on both. I am however capeable of soloing r4 quite easily and r10 in some groups.

Maybe you can find something you can use.

you would love the new update 57 goggles

- Goggles: legendary goggles of dusk with quality wisdom +3, quality spell focus mastery +2, evocation focus +6, insightful evocation focus +3 (green slot: ) (colorless slot: )

how many times did you reroll the gem of many facets to find exactly those two set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    I have a caster druid, but i went for two levels of monk and one wizard also.

But my gear is currenly:

Belt: IOD minor artifact - force crit multiplier + sacred dc
    Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots - winter
    Goggles: Potency
    Helm: IOD – cold crit multiplier + profane dc + walking ancestor set bonus
    Ring 1: Legendary Ring of Winter's Chill - winter
    Trinket: Gem of many facets with elders and biting sands. sheltering of wisdom with ins physical sheltering...
    Armor: IOD + walking ancestor set bonus
    Off hand:

This is what i plan for in the future for now:

Belt: IOD minor artifact
    Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers – potency, quality wisdom +3
    Goggles: Legendary Eyes of the Black Earth
    Helm: IOD
    Ring 1: Legendary The Earth and the Sky
    Trinket: Gem of many facets with elders and biting sands. ??? of wisdom with ins physical sheltering...
    Armor: IOD
    Off hand:

Both of these gear setups lack a little dc. No quality wisdom on the first one and no quality spell focus on both. I am however capeable of soloing r4 quite easily and r10 in some groups.

Maybe you can find something you can use.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post

- Goggles: legendary goggles of dusk with quality wisdom +3, quality spell focus mastery +2, evocation focus +6, insightful evocation focus +3 (green slot: ) (colorless slot: )

how many times did you reroll the gem of many facets to find exactly those two set bonus?
    Yes those goggles are really really nice. luckely for me i had some friends who helped me farm them so now i have them. Just gotta figure out how i can use them without loosing artifact prr or potency...

I think i rerolled the gem about 20 times. Had about 400* threads and was planning on using all of them to see if i could get it. but it only took around 20 tries.

EDIT: *I mean 4000 threads

Very nice goggles! Thanks!

This is the equipment that I would use to reach evocation DC 130 (I could reach 131 if I give up intensify spell feat).
    There aren't any insightful sheltering items, and there is a universal insightful potency +49 on boots instead of insightful glaciation that you could craft on the trinket instead of insightful wisdom +6 if you prefer.

- Armor: dinosaur medium armor with exceptional universal spell lore +5% (voidscale), exceptional universal spell power +15 (voidfang), echoes of the walking ancestors set (green slot) (blue slot)

- Belt (artifact): dinosaur bone belt with wisdom +15 (scale accessory), insightful bonus to force spell critical damage +10% (fang accessory), enhancement bonus to PRR +35 (claw accessory), sacred spell focus mastery +2 (horn accessory), (green slot) (yellow slot) (blue slot)

- Boots: legendary sunken slippers with quality wisdom +3, insightful potency +49, quality potency +24, lesser displacement (yellow slot)

- Bracers: legendary bracers of the glacier with spell penetration +9, wizardry +283, fire shield cold, cold absorption +35%, anger of the avalanche set (green slot) (yellow slot)

- Cloak: legendary walking ancestor's shroud with charisma +14, spell focus mastery +5, insightful spell focus mastery +3, legendary nightmare guard, echoes of the walking ancestors set (green slot) (colorless slot)

- Gloves: legendary gloves of the glacier with ice lore +22%, quality glaciation +36, efficient metamagic maximize II, efficient metamagic extend II, anger of the avalanche set (green slot) (blue slot)

- Goggles: legendary goggles of dusk with quality wisdom +3, quality spell focus mastery +2, evocation focus +6, insightful evocation focus +3 (green slot) (colorless slot)

- Helm: dinosaur bone helm with cold spell critical damage +20% (scale accessory), insightful bonus to cold spell critical damage +10% (fang accessory), quality bonus to cold spell critical damage +5% (claw accessory), profane spell focus mastery +2 (horn accessory), reaper ability boost +2, echoes of the walking ancestors set (green slot) (yellow slot)

- Necklace: legendary elder's focus with wizardry +277, illusion focus +6, magical sheltering +34, legendary elder's knowledge set (green slot) (colorless slot)

- Ring left: flamering with reaper bonus to spell DCs +1, mythic bonus to spell power +1 (blue slot)

- Ring right: ring of magical attunement with reaper bonus to spell DCs +1 (yellow slot)

- Trinket: legendary gem of many facets with kinetic lore +22% prefix, spell lore +12% suffix, insightful wisdom +6 extra, legendary elder's knowledge set (yellow slot)

- Weapon: dinosaur bone quarterstaff with enhancement bonus to universal spell power +102, exceptional spell focus mastery +2 (iridescent scale slot), spells have a chance to inflict 10 stacks of cold damage over time (icefang slot), exceptional wisdom +2 (iceclaw slot), spells have a chance to inflict multiple stacks of vulnerability (sparkhorn slot) (purple slot: glaciation +153) (orange slot: impulse +153)
    Last edited by Michele; 11-13-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Community Member

So to my understanding the rings are level 1 rings used just for the reaper bonus? Never thought of that.

Do you rely solely on force and cold for damage or do you use lightning too?

I assume you are pure druid. Can you take a hit on r10? Loosing 30 prr from artifact prr is a lot if you ask me…

From looking at your videos our hp in reaper are about the same. With mine being about 200 lower. And I get one shotted every once in a while.

What is your prr and mrr?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    So to my understanding the rings are level 1 rings used just for the reaper bonus? Never thought of that.

Do you rely solely on force and cold for damage or do you use lightning too?

I assume you are pure druid. Can you take a hit on r10? Loosing 30 prr from artifact prr is a lot if you ask me…

From looking at your videos our hp in reaper are about the same. With mine being about 200 lower. And I get one shotted every once in a while.

What is your prr and mrr?
    Yes those are level 1 rings that I equip only for the stacking reaper DC, farmed quickly in borderlands at r6 difficulty with a level 5 warlock, in particular you can ransack "obstructing the orcs" and "watch your step" quests final chest without finishing the chest (2 minutes per run), and rerolls cost only 1 shard.

Yes I can take a hit or two in R10: right now I'm slotting 3 "tough shields" augments to get 30 artifact bonus to PRR, but I think that investing in PRR really matters in R10 only if you can reach 300 PRR (right now I'm sitting at 245 prr, but my priority are the best values of DC, spell power, spell crit chance/damage I can get, while everything else has a secondary importance).

This is a variant with hruit set for more defense than dinosaur bone set, with these advantages and disadvantages compared to the equipment listed above:

ADVANTAGES:
    easy to obtain
    +1 caster level to cold spells
    +10 prr thanks from hruit set heavy armor;
    +42% fortification
    +27 insightful cold spell power
    magical efficiency +10%
    +30 artifact bonus to positive spell power
    +6% artifact bonus to positive spell crit chance

DISADVANTAGES:
    -15 exceptional spell power (but 10 exceptional cold spell power on necklace to compensate)
    -12 quality cold spell power
    no stacks of cold damage on dinosaur bone staff
    -3 artifact bonus to all abilities, except wisdom
    -3 DC to all schools, except evocation

- Armor: legendary bronze dragonscale plate with fortification +142%, physical sheltering +33, competence healing amplification +53, false life +50, mythic bonus to prr/mrr +4, legendary hruit's influence set (green slot)

- Belt: legendary black satin waist with quality wisdom +3, quality spell focus mastery +2, spell penetration +8 (green slot)

- Boots: legendary sunken slippers with quality intelligence +3, insightful potency +49, quality potency +24, lesser displacement, mythic bonus to prr/mrr +1 (yellow slot)

- Bracers (artifact): dinosaur bone bracers with wisdom +15 (scale accessory), insightful bonus to force spell critical damage +10% (fang accessory), enhancement bonus to MRR +35 (claw accessory), sacred spell focus mastery +2 (horn accessory), mythic bonus to prr/mrr +3, reaper bonus to mrr +3 (green slot) (yellow slot) (blue slot)

- Cloak: dinosaur bone cloak with cold spell critical damage +20% (scale accessory), insightful bonus to cold spell critical damage +10% (fang accessory), quality bonus to cold spell critical damage +5% (claw accessory), profane spell focus mastery +2 (horn accessory) (green slot: topaz of greater evocation) (yellow slot)

- Gloves: legendary sunstone gauntlets with insightful physical sheltering +16, devotion +142, healing lore +21%, wizardry +269, mythic bonus to spell power +3, legendary hruit's influence set (blue slot)

- Goggles: evocation focus +6 prefix, insightful evocation focus +3 suffix, insightful wisdom +6 extra (yellow slot) (blue slot)

- Helm: legendary elder's cap with intelligence +13, enchantment focus +6, concentration +20, spell save +11, reaper ability boost +2, legendary elder's knowledge set (yellow slot) (colorless slot)

- Necklace: legendary pendant of the azure sea with glaciation +142, ice lore +21%, magical efficiency +10%, sea attunement (caster level to cold spells +1, exceptional bonus to cold spell power +10, exceptional bonus to cold spell critical chance +2%), mythic bonus to prr/mrr +1, legendary hruit's influence set (yellow slot)

- Ring left: flamering with reaper bonus to spell DCs +1, mythic bonus to spell power +1 (blue slot)

- Ring right: ring of magical attunement with reaper bonus to spell DCs +1 (yellow slot)

- Trinket: legendary gem of many facets with kinetic lore +22% prefix, spellsight +21, insightful glaciation +76 extra, legendary elder's knowledge set (yellow slot)

- Weapon: dinosaur bone quarterstaff with enhancement bonus to universal spell power +102, exceptional spell focus mastery +2 (iridescent scale slot), spell focus mastery +5, exceptional bonus to universal spell critical chance +5% (iridescent fang slot), exceptional wisdom +2 (iceclaw slot), spells have a chance to inflict multiple stacks of vulnerability (sparkhorn slot) (purple slot) (orange slot)

P.S.: to tell the truth I'm liking more this variant compared to the dinosaur bone echoes of the walking ancestors set.
    Last edited by Michele; 11-21-2022 at 09:00 AM.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the survivability in these approaches is the old, kill it before it kills you.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the survivability in these approaches is the old, kill it before it kills you.
    yes, it's exactly like that.

I can hit 260 prr and be good in R6 quests or R1 raids, but for R10 it's needed more than 300 prr that can be obtained with too much investment at the expense of DPS and DC.

I usually try to prevent the mobs from attacking me with crowd control spells, and attack them when I'm almost sure that they can't kill me.

Community Member

Yes those are level 1 rings that I equip only for the stacking reaper DC, farmed quickly in borderlands at r6 difficulty with a level 5 warlock, in particular you can ransack "obstructing the orcs" and "watch your step" quests final chest without finishing the chest (2 minutes per run), and rerolls cost only 1 shard.
    Its important to note that this method is supposed to not work anymore (I have not tried it personally) there was a patch note (U56?) that says they were stopping level 1 gear dropping with reaper bonusses

Quote Originally Posted by Caarb View Post
    Its important to note that this method is supposed to not work anymore (I have not tried it personally) there was a patch note (U56?) that says they were stopping level 1 gear dropping with reaper bonusses
    I got 3 of them recently, and surely after update 56 and I tested that their bonus stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caarb View Post
    Incorrect. They still drop, just cannot be used in Reaper Forge to get Reaper fragment now:

Reaper crafting no longer accepts level 1 or 2 items.
    Last edited by Fisto_Mk_I; 11-20-2022 at 03:22 PM.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Community Member

Does Reaper ring DC bonus stack between the 2 rings? Or did you just get super-lucky and are wearing what you happen to have?

Community Member

I've been collecting Dino ingredients but I'm not sure what to make.
    I'm planning out my new gear set for my Druid, and really most of the Dino gear looks like a lot of grind and, worse, a lot of gear tetris, for not much gain.

I'm planning to use a Dino QStaff, and a Dino artifact (likely on ring slot for me), and that's it. I can simply replace what I currently have on those slots, and keep all the rest of my gear the same. If you're setting up a gearset from scratch, maybe it makes more sense to fit in more Dino gear (I did consider the Walking Ancestors set), but I'm satisfied with just the upgrades those 2 pieces will give me.

Quote Originally Posted by kpak01 View Post
    Does Reaper ring DC bonus stack between the 2 rings? Or did you just get super-lucky and are wearing what you happen to have?
    yes they stack.