Community Member

Default BUILD REQUEST: Thrower Off-Healer build?

Hi everybody, I wanted to try something for a new first life but I don't know what is my best option for it.
    Gonna run mostly R1. I want to make a thrower (a style I've never tried before), but as a first life I understand my DPS and survivability will be very sub par at endgame, thus I'd like to add in healing to be as useful as possible. Hit me with the best you can come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Redclaw1992 View Post
    Hi everybody, I wanted to try something for a new first life but I don't know what is my best option for it.
    Gonna run mostly R1. I want to make a thrower (a style I've never tried before), but as a first life I understand my DPS and survivability will be very sub par at endgame, thus I'd like to add in healing to be as useful as possible. Hit me with the best you can come up with!
    I guess my question would be, "What do you mean when you say 'Off-healer'?" Most classes in the game at this point can be built with self healing, esp. in epics; Several just have strong (Albeit limited) spot healing (See:Paladin, or any Aasimar toon), or strong standard healing but with less sp pool (Bard, alchemist). Post 20, really anyone can be an effective "off healer" with the options available in destinies. A follow up question would be "Do you plan to run solo, or with a group?" since that could make a difference for how you build in healing.

You could probably do a basic pure Alchemist with Vistani (If you have it) and have some healing thanks to Apothecary, or take a few ranger levels and go with T4/5 DWS (Which has some strong synergy with a thrower build).

Strimtom has a good write-up on a pure Alch thrower here. You might want to swap out a couple of feats to pick up at least Maximize and Empower though; then you'd have to tweak the AP to invest more in Apothecary if you wanted more healing, or more in Vistani/Vile Chemist for damage. If you set your feats from the start, it's something you can do with just plat, and not need a feat swap/LR.

If you follow the build above, I'd suggest swapping out Dodge, IPS and Insightful Courage to pick up Max/Emp/Accelerate. IPS is nice, but if you want to be a heal support, you might get more mileage out of having better heals.

If you can give some more context, I'd be happy to try giving you a more "custom" build based on your needs/desires.

Cheers!
    I am the one without the pants!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Set the bar low. Minimize the risks, and youll always win.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

My first thought was pure Alchemist too. Take Strimtom's build, swap in a few metamagics, and redo enhancements to something like 41 Vile Chemist / 31 Apothecary / 8 Harper if you want good party healing next to pew-pew darts. Farm a Nightforge Spike ASAP.

FYI imbues are getting revamped in the next update. I can't tell if it's a buff, nerf, or sidegrade for Vile Chemists but perhaps it will breathe new life into them?
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.