Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDO Crafting Bonus Weekend!

I got bamboozled (and super excited) when I saw that LOTRO crafting bonus weekend thinking it was for DDO. I'm hoping we get our own crafting bonus weekend here soon. Thanks for all that you do, SSG.

--M

Community Manager

Our Cannith Crafting XP boost weekend is historically our least-appreciated bonus, and we haven't done it for a while. How much interest is out there for one soon?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Our Cannith Crafting XP boost weekend is historically our least-appreciated bonus, and we haven't done it for a while. How much interest is out there for one soon?
    I for one am interested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Every 2 months would be cooool
    Just awestruck, whether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub or that I can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef was 1 x heroic completionist now I need Alchemist (+I have few more heroic pl's) 1 x epic completionist, 1 iconic Shadar Kai x 3. Gnome+Drow x3 racial pl's.
    Server Thelanis x

That's a great one. But it also requires advanced notice to full take advantage as it requires building up a stash of +crit crafting boosters and crafting mats to be prepared to do mass crafting in one go.

Noone levels a crafter more than once, so that is not surprising. But I bet that for those that are levelling their crafter this is one of the most welcome weekend bonuses you can have.

A week or two advance notice so people can prepare will also be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Wahnsinnig; 11-07-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    That's a great one. But it also requires advanced notice to full take advantage as it requires building up a stash of +crit crafting boosters and crafting mats to be prepared to do mass crafting in one go.
    Agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    would like the calender back and things like this added to it. would be nice

Community Member

How about making it like +10% success chance instead? That functionally gives an XP boost because you're succeeding on your crafting more often, but it also gives something for people who are already fully leveled, since you can craft high-level/expensive shards with less chance of losing

Community Member

Definitely interested - trying to get to level 400 - about 60,000 essences ready to go. Any way to reduce the xp ransack on those ML31 and ML32 minimum level shards? I'm currently at level 365 or so but suspect I'll only get another maybe 10 levels before the xp ransacks to zero on those.... That still will leave me very limited in what I can craft for folks.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Count me in, still leveling my crafter.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Altitus Maximus

I have been hoarding essences waiting for one. Nearly 100k saved up so hopefully can go from 340-400 on that with the weekend.

Community Member

Default Why not?

Why not just include this bonus with another weekly bonus?
    The challenge bonus could get the same treatment, and maybe give a challenge bonus during an event that uses the challenge mechanic.

Chickenplucker, Argo
    No.

Community Member

More interested in a double bonus points weekend It's getting awfully close to Black Friday and points are starting to dry up!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Definitly looking for the next crafting weekend.... I didnt manipulate the system for my first 150 or so levels so I'm about tapped out trying to get to 400 now... Not sure how I'm going to get there with ransack never reseting.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xugx_quetoxi View Post
    The challenge bonus could get the same treatment, and maybe give a challenge bonus during an event that uses the challenge mechanic.

Chickenplucker, Argo
    That is my thought too. Combine a Crafting Bonus Weekend with another weekend bonus.
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Muhther....going through the Passed Lives grind at my own pace...currently lvl 28

zero interest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xugx_quetoxi View Post

Chickenplucker, Argo
    I'm defo interested in a a crafting bonus weekend, but i think this post is a great idea, combining 2 different bonuses. That way it does not effect the people who are already at cap with the crafting.

I've got quite a bit of essences saved up, but i don't really have the ingredients. So i am always forced to level up using the minimum lvl shard (as it only uses essences) I'm terrible at collecting ingredients. I never bother picking
    the bags up or clicking on the items that reward them. I'm always hunting down the next chest in the quest lol

It would be nice to have each possible bonus to appear at least once in a while. Even those least appreciated by many might be appreciated by few.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member

Thumbs up

I have been waiting for it for a long tim so... mucho interest from me

I got the mats, i got the pots, i got the boosters... also got a long list of items to craft.

It's reasonable that it should happen much less often than the other bonuses, but once in a while it can help a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast