Default U57 Preview 2 Overview

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Preview 1 of Update 57: Grip of the Hidden Hand will be open today as of 1pm EDT on Tuesday, October 25th! It is expected to remain open into the afternoon (EDT) of Thursday, October 27th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 57 contains a quest pack for levels 16/33, along with balance changes and bugfixes.

To access new content during the preview, speak to Lord Poincelot in the Test Dojo to be granted preview server specific DDO points and then "purchase" the content pack in the "New to DDO" category of the DDO Preview Store. You can then speak to The Questgiver nearby to be teleported directly to the Public area for the quests available in this preview.

To provide a little more detail on what you can expect to see in this preview, please review the items below:

New Quests & Treasure

All five quests of the new Adventure Pack are available for preview 2! Try them out and let us know what you think in their respective feedback threads:
    Order in the Court (preview 2 thread)
    Growing Pains (preview 2 thread)
    The Hand and the Eyes (preview 2 thread)
    Three Paths to Battle
    Army of Eternal Night

NOTE: The Questgiver will now send you to the public area where you may speak with the quest NPCs directly.

The Loot Guy in the Test Dojo has been updated with treasure that will appear in the U57 Adventure Pack. Visit the Loot thread for feedback in Preview 2 by clicking here.

Hit-Point Pass

The latest adjustments to the hitpoint pass are available with Lamannia 2. Read Developer Torc's latest thread here

Imbue System

The latest adjustments to the Imbue System pass are available with Lamannia 2. Read Developer Lynnabel's latest thread here

Bug Fixes

• Fixed duplicate nonstacking affixes on a few U57 items
    • All U57 items now have proper flavor texts and icons
    • All U57 items are now complete and designed, and many bugs have been fixed. If you still see anything broken in Preview 2 please let us know in the Treasure Thread
    • Fix an issue that was causing player abilities to sometimes break when the player was rapidly hitting other actions or even the action itself (if it was just coming off cooldown)
    • Barbarian Fatigue no longer applies erroneously with Tireless Rage
    • Grandmaster of Flowers Core 4 now provides its HP and spell resistance
    • Razorclaw Shifter can now use Whirlwind Attack with a better animation
    • Dark Apostate's Enhanced Curse 3 now applies more reliably
    • Condemnation and Acceptance in Divine Disciple now correctly grant Spell Critical Damage instead of Spell Power
    • Divine Disciple core 5 now properly boosts alignment spells
    • A large amount of spells have now properly been marked as Alignment and Divine Spells
    • Negative Energy Adept in PM no longer requires Wizard level 4
    • A variety of abilities that use the Whirlwind Attack animation now properly scale with your attack speed (Exalted Whirlwind, Avenging Whirlwind, Arcane Tempest)
    • Purge the Wicked in Divine Crusader now correctly doubles your critical confirmation bonus and critical damage

• Ride the Lightning in Stormsinger now gives its intended bonus
    • The night reveals spectral dragon dungeon skulls now hit for the correct damage
    • Be the Whirlwind from Fury of the Wild will now work with the whirlwind feat correctly again
    • Several Stances such as Power Attack and Combat Expertise no longer put all spells on cooldown for no reason
    • The Path of Light feat is now properly awarded to Bladeforged (although the Lord of Blades will be very sad if you choose to forsake him)
    • Force in Tandem from Feydark Illusionist now correctly lasts through death
    • Primal Avatar's Spells are now appropriately leveled and therefore some of them work vs liches
    • Certain XP elixirs now function more reliably and no longer have a min level of 20 erroneously
    • Razorclaw Shifters using Smite Evil will use better animations
    • Players will no longer see "an invalid item has been removed from your inventory" when receiving an auto-consume item like Astral Shards.
    • Items can now be organized within the tabs of the Reincarnation Bank.
    • Items can now be moved from the Reincarnation Bank to the Personal and Shared bank. If a bound to character item is moved to the shared bank, the transfer will fail and the item will be placed at the top of the Main tab of the Reincarnation Bank.
    • A variety of typos and text errors have been corrected.

Gameplay Changes

• Falconry's mechanics have been revised slightly for playability:
      • Falcon Pet will now automatically soar up when any combat starts and return when combat is over. It will no longer go up and return after each strike but will stay aloft ready to strike as the combat continues.
      • The shared cooldown on all falconry attacks has been reduced from 3.5 seconds to 1.3 seconds.
      • Falcon attack effects will now occur more quickly after each button press (because we are no longer waiting for the falcon to take off, it's already up there)

• The level 1 Bolt spells will no longer share a cooldown.
    • Wading through shallow water is now a bit faster when moving forward (about the speed it would be if you jump skipped)
    • The spell long strider now makes you ignore the effects of shallow water.
    • Scorpions will no longer burrow unless they are bosses or mini bosses and will only due so to close the distance (not do it in melee generally)
    • Phase spiders will no longer phase as much when going toe to toe in melee
    • Monsters will now cast Tactical Detonation on a longer cooldown

UI Changes
    • Spell components now have a type and number tag at the front of their name to help them sort in the store, players inventories, etc.
    • Feats with skill requirements now display those requirements better in their tooltips
    • Players will no longer be given a confirm dialog when looting an item that is bind on acquire when in a party with only henchmen.
    • The Bank system's tab rename button has been updated and is now a button labeled "Rename".
    • When closing a Bank panel other than the Shared Bank, remaining panels will remain active. When the Shared Bank is closed all other bank windows are closed. If the player does not have the Shared Bank enabled, the shared bank can be closed, but any other bank panel being closed, will close the rest.
    Last edited by Tolero; 10-25-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    [*]Spell components now have a type and number tag at the front of their name to help them sort in the store, players inventories, etc.
    I've wanted this for years...thank you!

Community Member

Default Falconry Coordinated Strike DC wrong

Falconry update looking good!

On the topic Id like to bubble back up the issue of Coordinated Strike (falconry t4) dc ignoring assassination bonuses.

Months ago you fixed the ranged variant coordinated shot but the melee coordinated strike is still not updated.

Thanks!

Community Member

All great changes. Can we have someone fix the multi selector for the second spell in Fatesinger so if you've taken one different from the first core, you can take the proper amp to it? IE if I've taken heart to get spring to summer, when I take the second core I can now choose Carrion Swarm, but I can't then take the modifier on T3 for anything but reborn in fire.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by drewollice View Post
    Falconry update looking good!

On the topic Id like to bubble back up the issue of Coordinated Strike (falconry t4) dc ignoring assassination bonuses.

Months ago you fixed the ranged variant coordinated shot but the melee coordinated strike is still not updated.

Thanks!
    Yes. If this is indeed happening, devs please fix since you're tweaking with falconry now anyway. Thank you.

Community Member

Default Smuggler's Gear Max Dex Bugged

Not specific to this update but at some point recently the saltmarsh light armor went from 20 max dex down to 2 max dex.

i think it was indeed bugged before but i think the "fix" is now a bug in the opposite direction. this leather armor has the dex of halfplate.

Community Member

Lots of good fixes and changes, good job. Later on you have to address the issue of gear where 99.9% of it is useless if it is not part of a set, if cannot craft it somehow.

Default 100% concealment?

Don't know if it's intentional, but it's not looking right to me. Dark Apostate cores, displacement and Shadowdancer Mantle shouldn't be stacking with each other imo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by item412 View Post
    Don't know if it's intentional, but it's not looking right to me. Dark Apostate cores, displacement and Shadowdancer Mantle shouldn't be stacking with each other imo.

I'd be more concerned about your effective hit points total there. Did the integer roll over or something?

EDIT: Never mind, I just realised that since your concealment is at 100%, the game now thinks you have infinite effective hit points since, bypass aside, nothing can ever hit you.
    Last edited by PurpleSerpent; 10-26-2022 at 05:57 AM.
    X The Mystic's 4th Rule Of Dungeon Survival:

"No-one carves statues of frightened adventurers. If you see one, keep your eyes closed and your ears open."

Community Member

Default MONK HM Ki melee attack are not behaving as before

Hello,

I was testing the new light the candle inbue on my QS monk and noticed that the 4 enhancements up to Void strike now have an internal cool-down, which prevents activating the 4 of them in a quick succession without break attack animation flow.

Testing furhter, I found that this delayed behaviour also affects any ki strikes, making it almost impossible to build up finishing moves.

I confirmed that on live server, this is working fine, with no delay preventing the activation of another one.

I'm on a Tabaxi trailblzer, female, pure monk.
    -Fizhban - Allistraee - Llunarii - Gorbasch -

Community Member

I like this feature. +1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anurakh View Post
    I've wanted this for years...thank you!
    If only they fit into a bag now.

"Grandmaster of Flowers Core 4 now provides its HP and spell resistance"

A year later and we're still getting parts of the EDs to finally work?
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Community Member

Can you properly tag Sonic Blast as an arcane spell for arcane spell augmentation? It has lower damage than basically all other level 1 spells, and on top of that it also has 2 fewer caster levels (Starter Apprentice/Catacombs robes with +1/+2 Arcane Caster levels on lvl 1 spells), so it's worse than everything else at low levels to use by half.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 10-30-2022 at 11:50 AM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    "Grandmaster of Flowers Core 4 now provides its HP and spell resistance"

A year later and we're still getting parts of the EDs to finally work?
    Isle of Dread was released about 4 months ago, so not quite as dire :P
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Can you properly tag Sonic Blast as an arcane spell for arcane spell augmentation? It has lower damage than basically all other level 1 spells, and on top of that it also has 2 fewer caster levels (Starter Apprentice/Catacombs robes with +1/+2 Arcane Caster levels on lvl 1 spells), so it's worse than everything else at low levels to use by half.
    Yes please!

Community Member

They should, it should just have a hard cap like Dodge does. Especially since a lot of mobs have True Seeing to negate concealment anyway.

Seeing some level limits being looked at, I'd like to drop in another reminder that some old anniversary event +3 stat tomes are still locked to "Minimum Level 11". Removing that restriction entirely would be a good thing. Making them level 3 (when all tomes apply their +3 effect) would be okay. Being level 11 is just silly.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

This may look overpowered at first, but over half of the champions in the game has true seeing. and once you enter reaper difficulty, mobs are geting concealment and Incorporeality bypass based on the difficulty with reapers having true seeing and being Incorporeal.

I'm not saying that its useless, just don't overrate it.
    Last edited by troywars; 11-04-2022 at 05:22 AM. Reason: shorting