Default U57 Preview 2 Quest: Army of Eternal Night

Use this thread to discuss feedback on the new U57 quest "Army of Eternal Night". This quest is meant for levels 16/33.

Ran this quest at level 18 on my wonky feydark arti melee build

Bug 1:
    1_ Talking to Mr. Vance and getting to the last panel
    2_ Clicking "I'll be back with the Eye of Mabar" doesn't close the window

Bug 2:
    1_ Minimap seems to be slightly to the right of the actual player position (atleast inside of the well)

Bug 3?:
    1_ Not sure if chest trap at bottom of well is un-disablable. got a lvl18 gold seal rogue and couldn't find a way to disable (not sure if i can disable it in some other way)

Correction 1:
    1_ Skeleton sharp shooters are called "Skeletal SharpshooterE]"

Things I like:
    1_ The wonderful atmosphere of the bridge at the start, feels like im entering a gateway to another side, very nice. Kinda like the feeling you can get from the pailou
    2_ Walking towards the big red circle with the bird bath in the center is really ominous
    3_ Early shrines are really nice if a group wipes and need to regroup in an earlier area
    4_ Lever behind the boxes to open an area
    5_ The verticality on the well. I like the curious build up from going down the tight staircase
    6_ Final boss room looks dope, the pillars and lighting looks great
    7_ Boss flame sword O:

Things that would be cool:
    1_ Conversation with priest gives you an option to ask the priest for a blessing if you are a Holy character (Paladin, Cleric, Favored Soul). and he gives you a small buff (whatever you (the devs) want the buff to be)
    2_ Give the boss more mechanics like he goes invincible trying to channel the eye. Orbs of fire then spawn around the area and start going in planned directions. Players need to avoid the fire orbs. That phase ends and we go back to beating the boss with our sticks.

After sleeping on it: I would like to see the wandering guy give a buff to Rangers through a dialogue option, since he is giving "guidance" from his scouting of the area.
    In fact I would like to see more class interactions overall in quests, so it can feel like your character's profession is actually being acknowledged by the people you are talking to.
    I understand if you wouldn't want it though.
    Last edited by Omunam10; 10-26-2022 at 09:14 AM.

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

I ran this quest on a level 20 fighter (to try out the new second wind ability). I like the atmosphere of the Hamlet. It took me a while to figure out how to get into the Armory (sneaky DEVS). The end boss looks really cool, I would boost him a bit I think. I like the other poster's ideas of giving a buff to good aligned characters (via Ranger and Priest). It might be worth adding a buff to different characters who elect to talk to NPCs in each of these quests. Bards and sorcs could get electrical buff from a different quest which involves another plane for example.

The traps in this one are a good idea. It gives the feel of a Hamlet trying to defend itself against the undead horde.

I did find a stuck spot as you enter the stockade there is an area to the right of the 1st set of wooden cross-ties between the edge of the barricade and a tree stump...this is as you are approaching the entrance to the stockade.
    Cannith! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, Lorrtank (my main), Lorrgar, Jimipage, Taurnish, etc.

Community Member

Yes the chest at the bottom is not disarmable. I ran level 32 toon rogue / bard/ fighter thru it. I didnt detect anything.. I did however hear the disable trap sound after I picked the chest, and then the blades stopped coming out of the ground.

My input would be to add a trap box, if not, then make sure players can open this chest with out being stabbed over and over again. Would hate to see this thing on hard core server, stab , dead, game over.

I didnt run into any bugs, but I may not been paying enough close attention as posters above. Over all the content of the quest was nice. The boss at end with that long arse flaming sword was fun. His hit range is pretty big, because I spent like 5 minutes playing with him tumbling doing back springs everywhere and he was still hitting me even though I wasnt in his immediate area.. guess that sword has huge hit area.

I had my level 30 hireling cleric.. he was the star because he got tried of watching me flip all around every where , and he finally shot a light ray or something at the boss for like 1900 ish damage .. then the boss said ok lets play.. and went after my hireling
    Hirelings make the game so much more fun and comical. I have it on video BTW on my stream. Just goto my twitch channel in signature and skip thru it until you see me in the quest. Same goes for all 5 quests.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Community Member

Default Cheese the end fight.

Also wanted to note you can totally cheese the end fight..

If you go into the room, the barrier comes up , and he comes after you.. but you can actually attack him before going into the room, before the barrier comes up.. and just shoot away at him with spells.. he just swings in his place, spins around ... never moves... Could make him just not spawn, or not target-able until the barrier comes up.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream