Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U57 Preview 2 Treasure

Use this thread to discuss feedback on new treasure coming with the U57 Adventure Pack "Grip of the Hidden Hand". The treasure list can be accessed by speaking with The Loot Guy in the Test Dojo. This thread is for feedback as of Preview 2

Specifically as of Preview 2:
    • Fixed duplicate nonstacking affixes on a few U57 items
    • All U57 items now have proper flavor texts and icons
    • All U57 items are now complete and designed, and many bugs have been fixed.

If you still see anything broken with Treasure in Preview 2 please let us know in this thread
    Last edited by Tolero; 10-25-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Community Member

Thirteen is really supposed to be 17-20/x2? Are expanded-crit items back on the menu again after their moratorium at L30?

edit: nevermind, it seems its just displaying my Imp Crit even when I view it on the vendor...
    Last edited by droid327; 10-25-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Community Member

Cloak of Victory has no mesh or graphic that appears on female Tiefling characters. On the topic, all the Isle of Dread capes have the same issue, no mesh or graphic appears on female Tiefling characters. They show up fine for male Tieflings, just not female Tieflings. Unsure if broken for other races/sexes.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Talnar00 View Post
    Cloak of Victory has no mesh or graphic that appears on female Tiefling characters. On the topic, all the Isle of Dread capes have the same issue, no mesh or graphic appears on female Tiefling characters. They show up fine for male Tieflings, just not female Tieflings. Unsure if broken for other races/sexes.
    I'll pass this along.

Update: This has been fixed for all cloaks for Tiefling Females for U57!
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 10-25-2022 at 04:09 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Any chance the following could have the option to craft Quality Int/Wis/Cha via Sharn crafting to make all casters happy?

I've met and chatted with both Dave Arneson and Gary Gygax.
    To both of you, I raise a glass in toast and say THANK YOU!

Jaxx - LAVA DIVERS - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Tap4black View Post
    Any chance the following could have the option to craft Quality Int/Wis/Cha via Sharn crafting to make all casters happy?
    Now, now. We can't have everyone being happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Default Bugs & Errors

Almost everything was fixed, good job.

1) H/L Bladed Handwraps should arguably have "Spiked" as their 4th effect (as the source of the Piercing damage type), unless you explicitly didn't include it for flavor reasons (which I'm not sold on).

2) H/L Commander Vishral's Dragonscale has a typo in its flavor text (dessicated -> desiccated)

3) Most rings should probably use different icons (rings with different color stones, you already have the assets) based on which plane they represent:
    - Daanvi is fine as is
    - Dolurrh should get the purple stone (from Nocturne Ring)
    - Risia should get the blue stone (either from Duskbone Ring or Ring of Winter's Chill)
    - Lamannia should get the green stone (from Ring of Spring's Storms)
    - Thelanis should get the greenish stone (from Rockslide Ring)
    - Shavarath should get the yellow stone (from Ring of Summer's Heat)
    - Vishral's should get the pink stone (from Ring of Fall's Decay)

4) The Eye of Shavarath has "Shavarath" incorrectly spelled as "Shavarrath" in its name.

5) The Eye of Shavarath should probably have an explanation of what the Shaken debuff is in its description.

Default Spell Resistance should go.

I would like to see the Spell Resistance on the two armors swapped for something much stronger, because as is I'd have to sacrifice the Sharn set bonus to wear them, and they are not remotely close to being worth it.

Community Member

3rd gen raid filigrees when?

Pretty please.

Community Member

The name: Boots of the Thorn, and what it does. Really doesn't match does it? Thorns makes me think tangled up/slow/spikes. Not Speed, hide, and move silently.

Would honestly like to see the name changed or more "thorn like" effects on it. Like a piercing guard and bloody thorns.
    Or maybe named: Boots of the Tranquil forest?

Community Member

Pretty minor but also you'll have Boots of the Thorn and Thorn Boots from Feywild

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Thorn_Boots

Quote Originally Posted by JBadhair View Post
    Pretty minor but also you'll have Boots of the Thorn and Thorn Boots from Feywild
    That's asking for confusion (which is never a "best practice").

Stealthy can be "serene", "sylvan" (forests), "tranquil".

Fast and quiet is tougher.

• Hushed Boots
    • Boots of the Crickets
    • Boots of Wind
    • Boots of the Zephyr
    • Boots of the Suserrus

Ummmm, I just saw Thirteen, please tell me this is real and not some bug, you guys put the entire rainbow of augment slots in a single item?!?!?!

Community Member

Angry Heavy Armor Scam

Lately, only cloth or leather looking Heavy Armor is being added, but is there any chance of adding METAL Heavy Armor?

Can you please stop adding cloth armor in the Heavy Armor category?
    Please balance the look and number a bit more.
    Cloth, leather, leaves, shells, etc.

If you want a different category of looks, just use Mirrors of Glamering.
    Please don't reduce the metal armor choices any further.

Default Item Previews Please

I'll add to what someone else said in the first U57 loot thread that if you don't put pictures or even just text with what the items are supposed to be and have, your probably not going to get a lot of replies.
    I don't tend to log into lamania much because when lamania is around, I don't have the free time to get it working and then look there and figure out where everything is.

Also if there is a representation of what it's supposed to be, then the people who do visit Lamania can say "yes, that's supposed to have dino slots because that's what was posted on the forums" or "On Lamania it's giving different bonuses than what was posted on the forums" and either way you get good feedback about if you just typed some text into the forums wrong (a fast and easy fix) or if the items are using the intended bonuses.

I know that it takes time to type out all of the new items, but without doing it you are making it more likely that something gets missed and making it so that until it hits live, not that many people will even see what the items are. I'm betting that most people logging into Lamania are there looking at other things because they already have items that work fine on the live servers. So that makes any item Tetris a secondary concern to "whats breaking or getting fixed for my builds". In most cases, we can wait on the Tetris ideas until it comes out on live.

Another consideration for putting the items on the forums. If we see an item that would just FIT into our gearset or be an upgrade or even just looks interesting, that would make it far more likely for someone to go looking for it on lamania to see if its working how they think.

(This is a duplicate of the post I put into the other thread as I posed it there quite late in the process)
    World - Khyber
    Main - Starcandra
    Guild - Baatezu INC

Community Member

I think these items are not going to be use much mostly because all these items aren't part of any set, new or old
    But I think the main problem with loot nowdays isn't because of set's, its the lack of new effects, we been re-using the same effects for too long, and I know creating new effects take time, so.. maybe it's worth the time to change the way items are programmed so it's easier to create new effects into the game ( as we have seen changes in many systems so in the future it will be easier to work on them), because I know they can make fun things, Lynabel have created great items, but i feel he is chained by the system and how much times its takes to create new effects so let them think outside the box regarding loot and let's give them the tools to do so. ( I kind of like thirteen btw)
    Another issue is that I don't think there is an actual guide or aim for lets say the next 3 or 4 updates regarding what items are going to be made and for what kind of builds, questions like, what builds are lacking good options? what about creating a weapon for a specific type of monster that is the best againts it by lets say 30% or 40% or an armor thats only good at resisting evil and fire dmg or items that consolidate certain effects or stats, things that maybe boring but usefull in certain situations like something with all 3 sources of a stats, say str or deadly. , etc. Regarding this point I think it's probably because devs have so much in their hands already that something like this would take too much time of their hands, yet I can't help bu think that doing surveys to the community about what kind of items we would like to see next patch could help a lot in this regard, not because you have to choose the most popular one, but it will give you an idea of what ppl need and want.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tap4black View Post

I know thats one heck of a set of glasses. As nice as it would be to have the option, its not the end of the world, its either 1 or 2 more dc your getting depending if your casting stat is odd or even. But yea it would be nice to craft like sharn
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Quote Originally Posted by neain2008 View Post
    *snip*
    I've been posting preview shots in the Lammania Discussion for a while now..

The link to U57 P2 Loot is here.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    I've been posting preview shots in the Lammania Discussion for a while now..

The link to U57 P2 Loot is here.
    ooh, thanks!

that's awesome and wonderful, but it really shouldn't be up to a player to post that. If you should stop doing that amazing work (for whatever reason) then all my points stand true. and even with you doing that, most of my points still stand true. The devs need to put what they are supposed to be so that we aren't just guessing whether some bonuses are correct or not.

With that being said, I'm off to your thread to go look at the new loot so that I can provide some feedback.
    World - Khyber
    Main - Starcandra
    Guild - Baatezu INC

Community Member

In specific item feedback
    I think that the rings should have all sources of spell power and the main source of spell crit, in order to consolidate it in one slot, that could make it worth it for certain builds that find difficult to slot it all in different build and would make it compete with set items..
    So, equipment bonus, quality bonus and insightful bonus to the specific spell power and the blue slot, I know boring, but useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast