Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Character Transfers Currently Unavailable

UPDATE: Character Transfers from all worlds except Orien have returned. We are continuing to troubleshoot issues with transfers to or from Orien, and we will have more information when we can.

Transfers from the Hardcore server are also once again available! Characters can transfer FROM Hardcore for free through December 4th, 2022. In the future we will offer a free transfer period to Orien to allow for players who wish to transfer from Hardcore to Orien to do so. The timing of opening free transfers to Orien will be announced in the future. Thank you!

OP: Character transfers have been temporarily disabled while we investigate and resolve an issue with items that transfer while being in a Custom Character Bank tab. We'll have more information on when Character Transfers will reopen soon.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 11-09-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Character transfers have been temporarily disabled while we investigate and resolve an issue with items that transfer while being in a Custom Character Bank tab. We'll have more information on when Character Transfers will reopen soon.
    I hope so, I am itching to use the keys I earned on the HC server.
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Noob View Post
    I hope so, I am itching to use the keys I earned on the HC server.
    you and me both I got 40 keys as it stands just on one of my transfers... and I got 2 toons that gotta go back home to sarlona I think somewhere on the order of 80-86 keys total to use....
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Because of this bug, could it be possible to extend the Night Revels event by a week or so (provided you are able to sort it out during this week)? I specifically avoided playing on regular servers while I was trying to get progress on HC server, because I was under the impression that I would have at least a week to take part in Revels after the transfers.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Grindflayer View Post
    Because of this bug, could it be possible to extend the Night Revels event by a week or so (provided you are able to sort it out during this week)? I specifically avoided playing on regular servers while I was trying to get progress on HC server, because I was under the impression that I would have at least a week to take part in Revels after the transfers.
    This is fair

Beware the Sleepeater

Lot of comments and concerns on HC wondering if they'll get to transfer in time for the home event.

I know an ETA of the fix may not be possible, but perhaps a decision and announcement regarding extending the event might be well received by the masses.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Waiting for 2 days now to be able to transfer my Characters over so that i can use the many items i have stored and prepared. I would like to at least get an update on the current state of progress and if possible an estimate ETA so that plans can be made. Thank you.

Angry

So... just how long is soon? A day, a week, a month, this year, next year? when you get 'round to it?

I'm sure you staffers and dev's get tried of complaints; but dammital, I wish you'd realize your apathetic responses and lack of transparency are KEY contributers to the disgust many (most? all?) people have about this game's support infrastructure.

Community Member

[QUOTE=Seydlitz;6550825]So... just how long is soon? A day, a week, a month, this year, next year? when you get 'round to it?

I'm sure you staffers and dev's get tried of complaints; but dammital, I wish you'd realize your apathetic responses and lack of transparency are KEY contributers to the disgust many (most? all?) people have about this game's support infrastructure.[

ty for this i have a toon stuck on hc as well with my best goodies ,,,,,,,,worried mabar will close b4 we get sorted out and as per usual we just have to take it

[QUOTE=superevbully;6550892]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seydlitz View Post
    So... just how long is soon? A day, a week, a month, this year, next year? when you get 'round to it?

I'm sure you staffers and dev's get tried of complaints; but dammital, I wish you'd realize your apathetic responses and lack of transparency are KEY contributers to the disgust many (most? all?) people have about this game's support infrastructure.[

ty for this i have a toon stuck on hc as well with my best goodies ,,,,,,,,worried mabar will close b4 we get sorted out and as per usual we just have to take it
    I agree with this sentiment. I also have a bunch of Mabar ingredients I was planning to transfer to my main server. If they didn't expire it wouldn't be as big of a concern. Please either fix the transfer issue, extend Mabar until it is fixed, or let us all know that once transfers are back online, there will be a limited time to have the Mabar trader available.

Thanks

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Default Update/ETA?

Any update or ETA on making character transfers available again? I know you know what the problem is (based on your weekly Wednesday live stream this week) and you presumably know what the fix is since it is the same bank tabs issue you had with reincarnations after the bank update.

Default The Unknown

I started playing DDO in 2006. Yes, really I did. I made many characters because I was/am frugal and at the time did no want to commit to a monthly subscription. I just didn't know how to justify it financially. Eventually, however, I committed and loved it. I love the game, I love D&D and love that DDO tried to replicate that idea of pen and paper D&D.

In a world, way back then even, the digital age was still something that was evolving. At my heart I am still a pen and paper D&D player and DM. I was 12 in 1980 and I was the guy my friends asked to be the DM. I knew nothing but opened up that basic box and looked agape at that borderlands module....not even understanding what a module was and decided I would plunge forward. My friends were blown away at what the idea of the game could do/be. I threw, for some unknown reason, a Green Dragon into the midst of the keep. The "heroes" battled the foe and through imagination they defeated the fell creature. It was amazing! I was humbled....

I tell you this because your game, even 40 plus years later has amazed me. But being the curmudgeon that I am and ever frugal I would eventually drop from my subscription, even when the prospect of "free" was made a reality. I have done that twice since 2006 and find myself reinvested in DDO again now in since January 2022. The game and the mechanics behind it are daunting in my old age to say the least. Again I find myself wondering how to handle Hardcore league. And my first time, Season 6, had me perplexed and joyful. Good times and well done SSG!! I decided mid way through the season to buy some Astral Shards to help in my characters attainment of better gear. As Season 6 was closing I started to wonder what would happen to my Astral Shards. In all honesty I thought they would come back to my main account when I merged my characters. But as I asked question to the community I discovered that those points would be lost. I was a bit upset over this but realized that I should have done more research and have no one to blame but myself. In knowing this new found fact I decided I would use the shards and bid on items in the Auction House. I picked up many Night Revel Keys knowing I would have about a week before the event was over to use them. The morning that Season 6 was over I stared my transfers. Being an older guy I took my time. I removed and/or transferred most of my dead characters to my main server or another server I was considering playing on.

My main two last characters I transferred all mats and bank items. I guess I should have transferred all of them that morning. But then I had no idea that transferring would be ended. I have no idea why. Was there some kind of exploit?! Who knows but now here we are on the final couple days and I have over 20 keys sitting there about to turn worthless. Why!? Did I do something wrong?! Please help me understand this. Keys, pixels, who really cares, it's all meaningless I guess. But then why do you care? Why can I not transfer my characters over to the Live servers?! And since I can NOT, please, please tell me, why did I trust that the normal process would be observed?! I trusted you and so invested in something that should have been expected. So all those keys that I spent Astral Shards on are now going to be "Rusted" and worthless. I guess it is my fault. I trusted you. I trusted that you would be invested in me as much as I am invested in you. Maybe I should reconsider my love of D&D and DDO. It's like meeting that girl, you know the one, you see her, the one that will fulfill "your dreams" but then you approach her and she shoots you down. Who is the fool I wonder.......I guess I am but still, I hope. Expectant Hope!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    I started playing DDO in 2006. Yes, really I did. I made many characters because I was/am frugal and at the time did no want to commit to a monthly subscription. I just didn't know how to justify it financially. Eventually, however, I committed and loved it. I love the game, I love D&D and love that DDO tried to replicate that idea of pen and paper D&D.

In a world, way back then even, the digital age was still something that was evolving. At my heart I am still a pen and paper D&D player and DM. I was 12 in 1980 and I was the guy my friends asked to be the DM. I knew nothing but opened up that basic box and looked agape at that borderlands module....not even understanding what a module was and decided I would plunge forward. My friends were blown away at what the idea of the game could do/be. I threw, for some unknown reason, a Green Dragon into the midst of the keep. The "heroes" battled the foe and through imagination they defeated the fell creature. It was amazing! I was humbled....

I tell you this because your game, even 40 plus years later has amazed me. But being the curmudgeon that I am and ever frugal I would eventually drop from my subscription, even when the prospect of "free" was made a reality. I have done that twice since 2006 and find myself reinvested in DDO again now in since January 2022. The game and the mechanics behind it are daunting in my old age to say the least. Again I find myself wondering how to handle Hardcore league. And my first time, Season 6, had me perplexed and joyful. Good times and well done SSG!! I decided mid way through the season to buy some Astral Shards to help in my characters attainment of better gear. As Season 6 was closing I started to wonder what would happen to my Astral Shards. In all honesty I thought they would come back to my main account when I merged my characters. But as I asked question to the community I discovered that those points would be lost. I was a bit upset over this but realized that I should have done more research and have no one to blame but myself. In knowing this new found fact I decided I would use the shards and bid on items in the Auction House. I picked up many Night Revel Keys knowing I would have about a week before the event was over to use them. The morning that Season 6 was over I stared my transfers. Being an older guy I took my time. I removed and/or transferred most of my dead characters to my main server or another server I was considering playing on.

My main two last characters I transferred all mats and bank items. I guess I should have transferred all of them that morning. But then I had no idea that transferring would be ended. I have no idea why. Was there some kind of exploit?! Who knows but now here we are on the final couple days and I have over 20 keys sitting there about to turn worthless. Why!? Did I do something wrong?! Please help me understand this. Keys, pixels, who really cares, it's all meaningless I guess. But then why do you care? Why can I not transfer my characters over to the Live servers?! And since I can NOT, please, please tell me, why did I trust that the normal process would be observed?! I trusted you and so invested in something that should have been expected. So all those keys that I spent Astral Shards on are now going to be "Rusted" and worthless. I guess it is my fault. I trusted you. I trusted that you would be invested in me as much as I am invested in you. Maybe I should reconsider my love of D&D and DDO. It's like meeting that girl, you know the one, you see her, the one that will fulfill "your dreams" but then you approach her and she shoots you down. Who is the fool I wonder.......I guess I am but still, I hope. Expectant Hope!
    Transfers have not ended, they are suspended to work on a transfer issue. Once the issue is resolved transfers will be enabled and you will be given time to complete any other transfers.

Exactly. I am currently waiting on transferring a Night Revels storage toon from Hardcore to Orien. Keys and various ingredients that I saved for my main server. Other toons I made on Hardcore went to other servers I do not currently play, mostly because my main server is full of alts. As with Brez, I assumed that server transfers to Orien would have been fixed. I assumed that once Hardcore closed, I would have a week to use these items. Please delay the ending of Night Revels to one week after you fix the transfer problems.
    "The body is but a vessel for the soul;
    A puppet which bends to the soul's tyrrany.
    And lo, the body is not eternal,
    For it must feed on the flesh of others,
    Lest it return to the dust whence it came.
    Therefore must the soul
    Deceive, Despise, and Murder men..."

--A.J.Durai

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Transfers have not ended, they are suspended to work on a transfer issue. Once the issue is resolved transfers will be enabled and you will be given time to complete any other transfers.
    While that is certainly accurate, all the Night Revels ingredients will expire. Night Revels ends today, unless they are willing to do an encore, any ingredients farmed or purchased through the auction house or shard exchange will not be usable on the server in which he intends to transfer.

I am in the same boat, as it seems are many others. It would be a nice gesture on SSG's part to offer an encore event of the Revels once transfers are reopened so that folks can use the ingredients they farmed or purchased.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eelpout View Post
    While that is certainly accurate, all the Night Revels ingredients will expire. Night Revels ends today, unless they are willing to do an encore, any ingredients farmed or purchased through the auction house or shard exchange will not be usable on the server in which he intends to transfer.

I am in the same boat, as it seems are many others. It would be a nice gesture on SSG's part to offer an encore event of the Revels once transfers are reopened so that folks can use the ingredients they farmed or purchased.
    I understood that part and that is unfortunate but better than losing items in a transfer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Character transfers have been temporarily disabled while we investigate and resolve an issue with items that transfer while being in a Custom Character Bank tab. We'll have more information on when Character Transfers will reopen soon.
    I wonder if this issue has been pushed to get u57 out .......i get that but i fear as per usual the fall out of a update will then push this issue back even farther..........i cannot speak for all but i can for myself and a hand full of guildies if this lingers for weeks on end i / we will be upset even more than we already are ......i see folks leaving too often these days and the theme is always the same ..........total disregard for customers

Is there a reason why you just don't run the event on Hardcore? I managed to use the 50+ keys I had after the season ended this past weekend on Hardcore when I realized that transfers were not going to happen. I crafted a bunch of augments and items that will eventually make it to the live servers and no keys wasted.
    Bjriand The Great Stormsinger Bard Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic / Racial Completionist working on Archetype lives...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
    Is there a reason why you just don't run the event on Hardcore? I managed to use the 50+ keys I had after the season ended this past weekend on Hardcore when I realized that transfers were not going to happen. I crafted a bunch of augments and items that will eventually make it to the live servers and no keys wasted.
    sadly im dead ...............

Community Member

Any update as to when this could be resolved? Some of us been waiting a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast