Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Wilderness areas need to go

I was thinking about playing the game 3 times today but then was thinking huh do I want to run for 30 mins plus around the isle of dread to do the quests just aimlessly staring at the screen and my answer was no...
    Either make wilderness area exploration somehow more valuable or just let us teleport to quest, this is such boring bs especially on MY 17 TH LIFE
    You make us reincarnate and then make us run around to repeat the same pointless thing that is not even gameplay its just staring at the screen until arriving at destination.

Just going to use my VIP sub until its close to expiration and unsubscribe until this if fixed, I came back after 8 month break, probably not coming back until this is gone, just wasting everyone's time

Quote Originally Posted by Paragoons View Post
    I was thinking about playing the game 3 times today but then was thinking huh do I want to run for 30 mins plus around the isle of dread to do the quests just aimlessly staring at the screen and my answer was no...
    Either make wilderness area exploration somehow more valuable or just let us teleport to quest, this is such boring bs especially on MY 17 TH LIFE
    You make us reincarnate and then make us run around to repeat the same pointless thing that is not even gameplay its just staring at the screen until arriving at destination.

Just going to use my VIP sub until its close to expiration and unsubscribe until this if fixed, I came back after 8 month break, probably not coming back until this is gone, just wasting everyone's time
    Wilderness areas are great for doing slayers and rares

Teleportation like in Ravenloft is even better yes

Community Member

Wow. Of all the things in this game to rage quit over. I would not have even put this one in the top 20.

I think a break is a good idea. Might I suggest a first-person shooter to work through some of your irritation?

Nothing shows that devs are tone deaf like this issue.

Ravenloft method of teleportation near quest entrance is universally praised. Having to run to quest entrances for the umpeenth time is a frequent complaint.

How literally hard would it be to add a teleporter to IOD, Feywild, Gianthold, Underdark, Saltmarsh, Orchard? And not someone who requires you have been there before or requires astral shards.

Cmon Tolero, Put this one in your spreadsheet
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

We have horses now, wilderness areas take almost no time at all to cross if you haven't unlocked things like the Dread teleport points yet. It's no more or less inconvenient than moving from quest to quest in the city when leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    We have horses now, wilderness areas take almost no time at all to cross if you haven't unlocked things like the Dread teleport points yet. It's no more or less inconvenient than moving from quest to quest in the city when leveling.
    I disagree. City travel doesn't waste time on pots.

Wilderness travel is some of the parts of each TR life I dislike the most.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    Nothing shows that devs are tone deaf like this issue.

Ravenloft method of teleportation near quest entrance is universally praised. Having to run to quest entrances for the umpeenth time is a frequent complaint.

How literally hard would it be to add a teleporter to IOD, Feywild, Gianthold, Underdark, Saltmarsh, Orchard? And not someone who requires you have been there before or requires astral shards.

Cmon Tolero, Put this one in your spreadsheet
    AKSHUALLY Ravenloft teleporters are not universally praised. I think they should be done away with, or only work after you have done the quest once. I have literally never done a thing in the Ravenloft wilderness. No explorers, no rares, no slayers. That whole zone was wasted development time due to the guide format.

I think the TBC/Wheloon teleporter model is proper. I'll settle for the Stormhorns model.

8. 10-23-2022, 02:09 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post

its literally hours of your life each reincarnation just walking up to places, if you think that's quality gameplay good for you, walk all the way you want spin in circles, can the rest of us not tho?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    AKSHUALLY Ravenloft teleporters are not universally praised. I think they should be done away with, or only work after you have done the quest once. I have literally never done a thing in the Ravenloft wilderness. No explorers, no rares, no slayers. That whole zone was wasted development time due to the guide format.

I think the TBC/Wheloon teleporter model is proper. I'll settle for the Stormhorns model.

Literally nothing stopping you from doing things in wilderness areas, I am not sure why you want to force your taste of gameplay, that apparently your hypocritical self can't be bothered with on everyone else, that's some weird mental gymnastics but you'd get gold

A few wilderness areas I actually enjoy. Vale is one. Underdark is another. Umm... can't think of any more

Several however I utterly hate. For last several years, the only times I ran gnoll quests in Menechtarun was on Hardcore servers for favor. Stormhorns I won't run even on HC, it is just too awful.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Literally nothing stopping you from doing things in wilderness areas, I am not sure why you want to force your taste of gameplay, that apparently your hypocritical self can't be bothered with on everyone else, that's some weird mental gymnastics but you'd get gold

And you want to force your taste of gameplay on everyone else by removing wilderness areas. . .

Storm horns is terrible probably one of the worst in the game

Teleportation to a quest you’ve already done would be a decent idea if it didn’t reset on TR

Community Member

And you want to force your taste of gameplay on everyone else by removing wilderness areas. . .
    Do wilderness guides remove wilderness areas, yes or no question

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Storm horns is terrible probably one of the worst in the game

Teleportation to a quest you’ve already done would be a decent idea if it didn’t reset on TR
    This if you have done the quests once, twice or even 3 times you should have a teleportation unlocked

Community Member

Yeah agreed it's definitely a disincentive to play sometimes. There is a valid argument for not just having everything Sharn or RL style where you never see anything but the hubs...but 90 secs of passive horse riding is not gameplay

Wilderness zones need scaling to Elite. This would improve them so much for slayers too since it'd increase mob density. They need to add in daily slayers too for epic/leg dailies too

Or just add more fast travel that you can unlock or pay to bypass. I don't mind paying 3 shards per life to skip to the top of storm horns. There's a few quests I might actually do each life if they were more accessible too

So you like paying astral shards, gotcha.

I guess it’s up to the devs if they want us to run their content or not. I’ll probably never run belly of the beast or anything in storm horns ever again. Ever. Way too many other quests that take less time to get to.
    Last edited by GeneralDiomedes; 10-23-2022 at 05:11 PM.
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    So you like paying astral shards, gotcha.

I guess it’s up to the devs if they want us to run their shiny new content or not. Cause guess what? I’ll probably never run belly of the beast or anything in storm horns ever again. Ever. Way too many other quests that take less time to get to.
    Out of all the examples you could have gone for, you chose the worst ones lol. Epics are mostly just running slayer zones, and stormhorns you can still get a free teleport up- just drown yourself in the river and ride in a pocket....

Would've been better off with first runs to Ghola-Fan/Slavers or Sands...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlmonger View Post
    I disagree. City travel doesn't waste time on pots.

Wilderness travel is some of the parts of each TR life I dislike the most.
    I agree about running pots

Another point is it’s discouraging to try to get to a quest before an IP group finish or ask for players to wait because they might have pots running

Community Member

or only work after you have done the quest once.
    And who in the heck does a quest more than once? You're designing a feature for a player-archetype that doesn't exist. DDO has so many quests now and so many bonuses based around first-time a person would have to be as dumb as a freaking rock to ever play a quest more than once.

I agree with whoever said its just hours of your live pointlessly walking to places. I similarly VERY often decide not to play because I just don't have the heart to slog to another quest entrance. It is so freaking tedious.
    If I can read the dev tracker, you can too.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast