Community Member

Default Fatesinger issues

I switched from the Mantle of Sound and Fury to the Unyielding Sentinel Aura of Destiny mantle and noticed that some of my Fatesinger passive abilities were no longer working.

In particular Majesty no longer applies a heal to the characters around me when I sing a Bard song although it still applies one to me. Also Ballad of the Ages no longer grants True Seeing and may not be granting the other associated buffs that it was.

Has anybody else seen these effects or others when using a different mantle than the Mantle of Sound and Fury?

I will likely switch mantles back to the Fatesinger mantle if it turns out that not using it causes some of the other Fatesinger abilities to not apply. I was aware when I did this that certain effects no longer applied without it and I did not select them in my destiny rebuild. However the cumulative weight of having so many not apply seems to invalidate the decision to use a non-Fatesinger mantle.

Any input would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    I switched from the Mantle of Sound and Fury to the Unyielding Sentinel Aura of Destiny mantle and noticed that some of my Fatesinger passive abilities were no longer working.

In particular Majesty no longer applies a heal to the characters around me when I sing a Bard song although it still applies one to me. Also Ballad of the Ages no longer grants True Seeing and may not be granting the other associated buffs that it was.

Has anybody else seen these effects or others when using a different mantle than the Mantle of Sound and Fury?

I will likely switch mantles back to the Fatesinger mantle if it turns out that not using it causes some of the other Fatesinger abilities to not apply. I was aware when I did this that certain effects no longer applied without it and I did not select them in my destiny rebuild. However the cumulative weight of having so many not apply seems to invalidate the decision to use a non-Fatesinger mantle.

Any input would be helpful.
    yes some effects for any tree only applies when your wearing the particular mantle. group healing is one of them.

Community Member

I think I'm going to go back to the Mantle of Sound and Fury and then difference the two and figure out what is missing. Some of the destiny abilities specifically state that they only work while in the MoSaF and others make no mention of the requirement. It's worthwhile to know what does what.

For what it's worth the Aura of Destiny Mantle did make my Spellsinger a bit more survivable however it's likely that the mantle itself was not the root cause, that being the Unyielding Sentinel cores. I'm going to keep most of the US split minus the mantle and see how things stack out. That'll be an interesting bit of theorycrafting as a 50 Fatesinger/12 Unyielding Sentinel split (pre Aura of Destiny build) will need to become more like 41/21. Probably easily doable at just the expense of 15AC or so.