Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIP benefits

Community Member

Default VIP benefits

I know this thread comes up alot, but I've been thinking, why not again. Lol. Here are some suggestions.

1. Permanent daily gold rolls
    2. Add a Platinum weekly roll - 1 tier higher than Gold Roll with better loot table
    3. Enable reroll for raid chests, but only once
    4. Remove raid timers, or deeply discount raid timers for VIP
    5. Speed boost increase in dungeons. Maybe 10%
    6. Monthly DDO points increased to 1k
    7. Free sentient filigree removal
    8. Reroll reduced by 20%

I could think of more, but this is good enough. Haha. I'm sure some of these are just wishful thinking.

Thoughts?
    Nico
    Khyber: Main Nicodemous Alt: Ichuck

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    I know this thread comes up alot, but I've been thinking, why not again. Lol. Here are some suggestions.

2. Add a Platinum weekly roll - 1 tier higher than Gold Roll with better loot table
    8. Reroll reduced by 20%

I could think of more, but this is good enough. Haha. I'm sure some of these are just wishful thinking.

Thoughts?
    Nico
    1. Already have this to the end of the year at least
    2. Nothing I want personaly as have +8 tomes already so have to crunch any I get as BTA
    3. Not a bad idea but I expect it would be hard to implement so won't happen
    4. see 6
    5. can not keep up with all these toons having wings already so nope
    6. More DDO points would make bypass cheaper in effect
    7. As above apart from filigree removal
    8. Yep
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

Community Member

This topic can't really be discussed too much since value for VIP is so bad.

Two great ideas here. I love free sentient removal. That's huge. If I still played the game and supported it (I want to but will not with current development) I'd want this more than anything. I also really like no raid bypass timers. You just raid until you're ransacked...or wait...eliminate chest ransack for VIPs.

enabling rerolls for raid chests is borderline comical. i pay them to let me spend more money on silly slots? no thanks!

Speed boost in dungeons is a really bad idea. Want to get new players (there aren't any new players) to uninstall faster? Implement this one.

Can't care less about daily dice. It just adds clutter to inventory. The xp stones are great for TR folks but if I played, I wouldn't TR much. I'd rather have a feature where you could start at level 3-5 as VIP even on a TR.

• Teleport to guild ship from anywhere
    • Item that allows you to store xp tokens, to be used at any time
    • Wardrobe for cosmetics
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

8. Reroll reduced by 20%

Thoughts?
    Nico
    All good ideas Nico- but I see your free sentience removal and raise you free sentience and augment removal! A jeweler who only talks to VIP members to clear your items.

Also I would say a free re-roll on chests (raid or otherwise) once a week, and a character shared housing with 150 bank slots. No need for it to be separate nameable chests now that we have new banking system. Just don’t make me re-itemize everything several times when implemented please.
    Khyber: Baeylan, various Annarras

I'd argue against anything that has an in game (specifically an in quest) impact. So down-vote on speed.

Up-vote for things like XP token storage and similar.

I do like the daily gold roles, but I think they are enough where they stand. We don't need more stuff, just more fluff!
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

It would be nice if they had those VIP +10% or +15% bonus weeks more often, say once a month.

I would say no to speed boosts. I would avoid any benefit that directly translates to in quest advantages.

Rather than more points I would flip it to a reduction in DDoPoint store costs. I suggest a % reduction for each month subscribed to some max so that users cannot simply sign up for a month to get the discount. Perhaps 2% for each month to a max of 25%. That may be too low. Max of 50%?

Another idea is to allow VIP to enter any quest from the adventure compendium. Click on the adventure in the compendium in any public area and you can get the quest panel. Recall (or exiting) takes you back to the public area where you were when you clicked. If you do not have the quest it is the equivalent of "red dooring" the quest.

Community Member

8. Reroll reduced by 20%

Thoughts?
    Nico
    1. sure, keep it :-)
    2. rather remove (near) useless stuff like Bigbys from gold rolls and move them to silver (low rolls)
    3. not sure if that's a good idea
    4. yes, or 1/2 day timer
    5. no, don't make even more speed difference between players; edit: even more public speed would be fine (stacking with mount)
    6. yes... 500 is very little with the high shop prices. Even just 100 more would help.
    7. yes and easier access to jeweler's kits (plat?)
    8. not sure, since you can still get nothing on rerolls...

I'll add

- more group xp bonus .... 1% is very little
    - maybe group named drop bonus too

QoL

- Teleport to quest entrance from quest compendium (Teleport to quest would be free for all when someone is already inside, but solo you can only use this as VIP)
    - Get quest bestowed directly from adventure compendium for VIP. Auto-share when joining a group that's already inside a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I'd argue against anything that has an in game (specifically an in quest) impact. So down-vote on speed.
    I agree with this in general as well. The one in quest item would be a daily (weekly if including raids) chest reroll. I spend time farming for myself, but I spend a lot of time farming for others as well, so to have a free re-roll to offer someone farming an item would may be a nice community building idea. Downside to Devs is that it will generally lower quest repeatability/farm time, but keeping people in playing in the game and not frustrated drives up quest repeatedly. Maybe weekly re-roll would be better.

Double sun flasks on 100 for everyone!

I like this one. Better loot for VIP's - if they are willing to pay the shards to reroll.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PedXing20 View Post
    Double sun flasks on 100 for everyone!
    Don't forget extra Bigby's middle finger!

Community Member

8. Reroll reduced by 20%

Thoughts?
    Nico
    Anything that requires a UI change or some kind of additional logic (even as simple as "is this character from a VIP account? If yes, then turn on the reroll button, but only if they haven't rerolled yet" seems like a big ask, not to mention fraught with potential bugs. That's all of #2, 3, 5 (which is a bad idea anyway), 7 and 8.

VIP with a 3-month re-up is about $10 each month. $10 a month for something most players I presume play at least a couple times a week for a few hours (6-8 hours a week) and many players play a few times a week (lets say 12-20 hours a week) that's an extremely cheap form of entertainment on a per hour basis. DDO is what I'd call a budget game but that's a below budget price IMO. It gets you 6000 DDO points a year which if you spent them all on full-priced sentient toolkits would get you I think 240 of them at 10-for-245 if that's what you wanted, or 40 raid bypass timers, etc. Now I can understand why some people wouldn't want to pay that anyway, especially as they've greatly diluted the value of the historical selling point of "all content is free for VIP". If that was your main cause for subscribing, the new era of paid expansions sucks.

Personally, aside from the 6000 points I can spend on whatever each year, the main draw for me is the added xp, the slightly boosted public move speed (although mounts have kind of diluted the value of that too, in a positive way) and this year's free gold rolls (which mostly translates into more free xp, with some pleasant surprises now and then). I'd definitely sign on for #1, and since they've already implemented it that should be no brainer decision for SSG. Changing 10% added xp into 15% added xp is just a flat number change and that would make me happy.

I'd also be all for increasing the free points they include (#6), since to me those give the player options to target whatever items are important to them for free, that may be sentient toolkits or raid bypass, or other players might want cosmetic armor and so on. Just crank up 500 per month to 750 per month, easy change. One interesting thing SSG could do (although this falls under additional logic) is some kind of end of year VIP bonus, leave the monthly 500 the same but anyone who was VIP all year gets a 2500 point bonus on December 31.

So, more XP and more points. Those are the simple number changes they could make to replace the value lost in other areas. And keep the free daily gold rolls.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    • Teleport to guild ship from anywhere
    • Item that allows you to store xp tokens, to be used at any time
    • Wardrobe for cosmetics
    Teleport has little value as some of the expansion teleports drop you right next to an airship teleport. I like the other two.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    • Wardrobe for cosmetics
    This should be for all accounts (at least for purchase)

Community Member

I haven't been VIP in a long time, mostly because it doesn't bring much value.

They could REALLY use a increase in VIP perks, so don't ever feel bad about posting with suggestions! A lot of the "perks" are outdated for most experienced players, like being able to open elite difficulty.

I'd like to throw in "Let TR's use veteran status".

8. Reroll reduced by 20%

Thoughts?
    Nico
    1. I've enjoyed having this until the end of this year, would love to see it continue
    2. I'm not sure about this. This might be getting too much.
    3. Maybe not a reroll. Maybe consider an appropriate % increase in named items - Could even be based on # of players in the party
    4. Maybe Raid timers are 18 hours shorter
    5. No, let's not add speed between VIP and Non-VIP I think that could cause problems in the long term
    6. Maybe, I wouldn't be upset about that, but consider that is 12,000 DDO points a year vs 6,000 currently
    7. Maybe, but should it have a limit? Otherwise, it would be easy to make this too easy like changing enhancements
    8. No, but maybe allow for more rerolls per chest, would go well with the increase in % I counter proposed on item 3

Community Member

Fantastic. Let's have this.

Love this.

Sadly would require much too complex game logic, so whether we want it or not, unlikely.

More monthly points = cheaper timers.

Bad idea. Movement speed disparity is configured as is for a reason. If sorcs could suddenly move as fast as(non VIP) barbs, can you imagine how much complaining there would be?

Good. Let's have it.

I don't know about you but I've got about 500 of these from DD and chest pulls. I already have a rough time storing the ones I have since they only stack up to like 50.

8. Reroll reduced by 20%
    Would be reduced by simply providing more monthly points.

Personally I think there's only one thing we really need to make VIP extremely attractive. Say it with me all:

No
    More
    Quest
    Flagging

#3 could be an exclusive pot/potion that allows a single reroll when consumed, if coding is too much work the other route. This may also be too hard to implement, but it’s another way to go at it.
    I would like to see elixirs of discovery work like this- good for 30s then expire, but come in packs of 3 or 5 instead of 1 hour run time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast