Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Karthunk View Post
    This is just flat out wrong atm. The only major advantage FVS had was the core levels to spells and that is gone.

Having a domain is 200% better than anything FVS brings to the table.
    FvS get higher spell points:
    A Favored Soul also gets bonus spell points from his Charisma or Wisdom modifier (higher ability applies). Favored Soul also gain double the spell points from items
    Clerics gain additional spell points when they increase level or by having high wisdom

Primary stat for hit and damage with favored weapons (helps with tank builds)
    Grace of Battle
    Knowledge of Battle

Free HP or SP like the Animal Domain or Magic Domain (if you choose HP, you get more HP and SP than a Cleric, if you choose SP, you get a lot more SP than a cleric and the same HP).
    Stout of Heart
    Purity of Heart

Clerics can get more Necro DCs by giving up the the FvS HP but if you want a instant kills, you won't even get close to a Wizard. R10 level DCs are too high for Clerics ATM. I know I have a uber completionest that has tried, and the best he could do is about 10 DCs behind a Wizard (still 3 higher than a FvS but with less SP).

Stacking Energy Absorptions

Free Leap of Faith comes in pretty handy

Damage Reduction
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    FvS get higher spell points:
    A Favored Soul also gets bonus spell points from his Charisma or Wisdom modifier (higher ability applies). Favored Soul also gain double the spell points from items
    Clerics gain additional spell points when they increase level or by having high wisdom

Primary stat for hit and damage with favored weapons (helps with tank builds)
    Grace of Battle
    Knowledge of Battle

Free HP or SP like the Animal Domain or Magic Domain (if you choose HP, you get more HP and SP than a Cleric, if you choose SP, you get a lot more SP than a cleric and the same HP).
    Stout of Heart
    Purity of Heart

Clerics can get more Necro DCs by giving up the the FvS HP but if you want a instant kills, you won't even get close to a Wizard. R10 level DCs are too high for Clerics ATM. I know I have a uber completionest that has tried, and the best he could do is about 10 DCs behind a Wizard (still 3 higher than a FvS but with less SP).

Stacking Energy Absorptions

Free Leap of Faith comes in pretty handy

Damage Reduction
    Spell points are a non issue for clerics that pick an actual nuking domain. I was always running out of mana with my FVS before I run out of mana with my cleric.

A FVS can not keep up with a fire domain cleric as far as DPS goes.

HPs are getting nerfed soon so that is a non-issue for this comparison.

Physical damage resistance means nothing when you are getting hit for 500+ dmg on a normal attack.

I stand by what I said: domains > any benefit from being a FVS

There is a good reason no one plays the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthunk View Post
    Spell points are a non issue for clerics that pick an actual nuking domain. I was always running out of mana with my FVS before I run out of mana with my cleric.

A FVS can not keep up with a fire domain cleric as far as DPS goes.

HPs are getting nerfed soon so that is a non-issue for this comparison.

Physical damage resistance means nothing when you are getting hit for 500+ dmg on a normal attack.

I stand by what I said: domains > any benefit from being a FVS

There is a good reason no one plays the class.
    Play the way you like. I will play the way I like and we shall both have fun
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12