Community Member

well a link would have been nice, cos I can't find any info on U57

Quote Originally Posted by Smelt32 View Post
    well a link would have been nice, cos I can't find any info on U57
    On the Lammania forums.

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/index.php

Community Member

Mine went up 200 in reaper.

My TWF Fighter's HP went up by around 200...nice.

My no rage, no buffs 4004 HP Barb (which I tried VERY hard to get to the 4000+ HP level) lost almost 360 HP. That REALLY hurt considering the time I put into hitting 4K HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

,pretty sad that my barb is getting nerfed,,, first my warlock then my fvs now my barb ........maybe time to call it a day

Community Member

^

Yes, sady there is a trend for overnerfing. At release warlock blasts were strong. But now other classes, spell balance pass, new enhancements etc have far surpassed it. Now they need a buff again.

Same for favored soul (and some cleric spells) - the % nerf in the last update overdid it.

Community Member

I have complete confidence this will go very smoothly given their track record.
    Last edited by helpfulguy1234; 10-12-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badm0f0 View Post
    ,pretty sad that my barb is getting nerfed,,, first my warlock then my fvs now my barb ........maybe time to call it a day

Their last tank nerf cost me one of my best players. The last thing this game needs is another hit to melee. Most nights, we are lucky to get 1 melee in our R10 runs. If we get one, most of the **** is dead before they can get to it. They tank Dooms, when Dooms aren't destroyed in less than 5 seconds.

SSG doesn't listen to feedback. If it hits Lam, it's set in stone.

Role up an ice caster boys and ST*U.
    HELTER SKELTER - Orien

IF SSG has been anything, they’ve consistently shown a rather vengeful streak for those who care the most about their game and try to push the limits. - Shadow_Jumper

10. 10-12-2022, 09:55 PM

Community Member

If I'm reading that already a few Barbarians notice their HPs are going to drop, this is making me very nervous. That is one of the traits of a barbarian, having a lot of HPs. And not everyone is in one of the specializations where they can get the competence from the T5's.

I'll add my voice here as well: if my barbarian goes down in HPs, while most other classes go up (arcanes even), I'm out and going for greener pastures. I will not agree, that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarandra View Post
    If I'm reading that already a few Barbarians notice their HPs are going to drop, this is making me very nervous. That is one of the traits of a barbarian, having a lot of HPs. And not everyone is in one of the specializations where they can get the competence from the T5's.

I'll add my voice here as well: if my barbarian goes down in HPs, while most other classes go up (arcanes even), I'm out and going for greener pastures. I will not agree, that simple.
    Barb loss in HP is very strange indeed. Stated goal was to improve survivability of new players and melee .. but nothing about why the HP squish at the top end. Barb = HP, Speed, DPS
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Community Member

Back when update 50 and 51 came I said that they would nerf players to sell back the same power to players. This is what they will do with legendary levels: No new spells, no new ways to experience the game, just one more rat race, one more way to spread the playerbase (this was fixed by auto granting lvl 31 and 32).

The problem is that SSG forget that their playerbase is not formed by lol players and most people are over 40. This player have more money, less time and need more quality. But quality always been the problem with DDO since ever. When the staff don´t listen to the players they do a LOT of bad decisions and this have hapened more often than it should over the years.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blarhblarhblarh View Post
    Back when update 50 and 51 came I said that they would nerf players to sell back the same power to players. This is what they will do with legendary levels: No new spells, no new ways to experience the game, just one more rat race, one more way to spread the playerbase (this was fixed by auto granting lvl 31 and 32).
    Legendary is not fully fixed, they can't gain xp or rxp in quests below base lvl 30. So it does spread the playerbase even further.

Community Member

what i seen so far is it a huge nerf to tank and melee/tank type players and a big boost to ranged and casters types. if we are talking % of gain vs lost \. just leave it alone what really is needed is armor class reworked to be useful and prr/mrr to be more front loaded than is now < this will help new players more than anything
    The Leader of The Original Brotherhood

The game becomes fun once you stop caring how long it take to lvl

Community Member

Maybe I'm ignorant because I don't play R10 endgame (still on that racial grind) but is going from 4000 HP down to 3600 on a barb that big a deal?

How hard are things hitting?
    Is it the difference between being one shot and two shot?
    The difference between a healer having time to respond and a healer not having time to respond?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMaxson View Post
    [...]

The difference between a healer having time to respond and a healer not having time to respond?
    e.g. My sorcerer has around 2000hp on reaper with
    On R10, she was hit for 14000 damage by a non-red named, non-champion golem. She was down -12xxx and the healer yells, "sorry, I cannot heal that kind of damage".

On a barbarian with 7000 or 8000hp with 300PRR, that damage probably scales down to 5600 damage, the barbarian will barely live...

4000 down to 3600 probably not a big deal anyway, one hit by Sor'jek goes far more than that, unless you're talking 600prr.
    Last edited by Tyrande; 10-13-2022 at 10:56 AM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMaxson View Post
    Maybe I'm ignorant because I don't play R10 endgame (still on that racial grind) but is going from 4000 HP down to 3600 on a barb that big a deal?

It's gonna hurd the casual raiding scene a lot. Sure we'll see more casters with 2k hp running around.
    But those classes don't have the defenses to mitigate the damage.
    For them if they get agro, it's a one hit and they're in the negative ten of thousand.
    A five percent hp increase isn't going to change that.
    The tanks that can mitigate direct damage do so by prr and mrr and have a large hp pool as a buffer.
    Or rather, had.
    3500 hp really isn't going to cut it for the chew toys in raids and those pug raids are not run on R10.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    [...]4000 down to 3600 probably not a big deal anyway, one hit by Sor'jek goes far more than that, unless you're talking 600prr.
    In quite a few situations, this will be the difference between getting 2-shot or getting 1-shot. To me, it is a big deal. And know from experience, I've worked my way up from around 3.5k to now 3.8k and the difference is real. Ideally, I'd have a lot more HPs (around 5k) given the current defense stats (AC negligable, dodge 15%, PRR 250+, MRR ~100). Getting more PRR or MRR will come at a cost of DPS, which isn't doable for me at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarandra View Post
    In quite a few situations, this will be the difference between getting 2-shot or getting 1-shot. To me, it is a big deal. And know from experience, I've worked my way up from around 3.5k to now 3.8k and the difference is real. Ideally, I'd have a lot more HPs (around 5k) given the current defense stats (AC negligable, dodge 15%, PRR 250+, MRR ~100). Getting more PRR or MRR will come at a cost of DPS, which isn't doable for me at this time.
    Yes

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

21. 10-13-2022, 12:36 PM