Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, October 5th 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, October 5th from 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 56.3. Find the release notes on DDO.com.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 10-04-2022 at 11:03 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, October 5th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 56.3. Find the release notes on DDO.com.
    No notes about Night Revels starting? Is it starting tomorrow?

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Once again a reset of banks. This bank revamp is just the gift that keeps on giving.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Urklore View Post
    No notes about Night Revels starting? Is it starting tomorrow?
    Yes, Night Revels starts tomorrow!

Note that I've just now changed the time frame for the downtime from 6-11. Apparently some maintenance work requires the time change.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

The Archetype selection menu is now present during Character Generation to prevent players from accidentally skipping the stage where they select their Archetype if they choose to do so.
    Does this mean Iconics can now take Archetypes, since they go through Character Generation for their first level? Or does the Iconic chargen still skip this step?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Does this mean Iconics can now take Archetypes, since they go through Character Generation for their first level? Or does the Iconic chargen still skip this step?
    This does not allow Iconics to take an Archetype instead of their intended base class for first level.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Will U56.3 fix the issue with items not displaying their minimum levels while in shared bank?

Thumbs up

Yes, Night Revels starts tomorrow!

Note that I've just now changed the time frame for the downtime from 6-11. Apparently some maintenance work requires the time change.
    A BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU FROM US EUROPEAN PLAYERS!

this timing is PERFECT!

THANK YOU AGAIN.

cheers!

Community Member

Default U56.1 TR bug

Posting this again cuz I never got an answer when U56.2 happened:

Has this issue from U56.1 with TR been fixed?

Unlocked Favor upgrades now persist through Lesser and Epic Reincarnation, but continue to not persist through True or Iconic Reincarnation.

10. 10-05-2022, 02:07 AM

Reason
    i think i have seen this before

Community Member

are we there yet, is it done yet, oh how much longer can it take.
    geez im gonna have to go outside if this keeps up.
    did I miss anything.

your friend sil

players' Shared Account Bank Custom tabs will be reset upon login.
    So can we expect to lose anything from the shared bank? It can't be understated just how horrible that would be. Especially considering the number of player that would be affected.

-Smoke

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewolf View Post
    So can we expect to lose anything from the shared bank? It can't be understated just how horrible that would be. Especially considering the number of player that would be affected.

-Smoke
    Reincarnations have been resetting the tabs. I've done two. Everything was dumped back into the Main tab both times, and I did not lose any items.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    Reincarnations have been resetting the tabs. I've done two. Everything was dumped back into the Main tab both times, and I did not lose any items.
    So what happens if the main tab is mostly full already? (Or did you mean the TR tab)

Quote Originally Posted by thebeast1985 View Post
    A BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU FROM US EUROPEAN PLAYERS!

this timing is PERFECT!

THANK YOU AGAIN.

cheers!
    you spoke too soon.

the early downtime was to prevent the long work to do

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewolf View Post

-Smoke
    You can "expect" whatever you want. All you can do is install the update and see what's in it.

Seeing as they said this:
    Bug Fixes:

• We have corrected an issue that was causing players Shared Account Bank Custom Tabs to be reset when logging into a character that had not yet had a versioning done on it after Update 56.2, which restored items that had previously become invisible. NOTE: This fix requires a versioning change, meaning that players' Shared Account Bank Custom tabs will be reset upon login following the release of Update 56.3. We anticipate that no further work will be required in the near future that would cause players' tabs to need to be reset, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

: I doubt you have to worry much. Especially since the bank tabs resetting issue was very, very rarely the cause of lost items, otherwise there would be many, many threads on here complaining about it.

Also, if you have soooo much stuff in your shared bank (as a lot of the people complaining about the bank update(s) do, that you can't remember what's in it)...how do you know if it's missing?

Bottom line, if you haven't used it in multiple reincarnations, you likely don't need it. I'll admit I keep some items that I doubt I'll ever use (Set items with Mythic Boosts (+2/+4)like docents, which I doubt I'll ever use for more than three lives, as well as collectables that have no current or, in some cases past, use, like lilac gemstone fragments.

They are trying to make the bank(s) better...provide constructive (solution oriented), rather than destructive (this sucks...fix it), criticism.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha5440 View Post
    You can "expect" whatever you want. All you can do is install the update and see what's in it.

Seeing as they said this:
    Bug Fixes:

• We have corrected an issue that was causing players Shared Account Bank Custom Tabs to be reset when logging into a character that had not yet had a versioning done on it after Update 56.2, which restored items that had previously become invisible. NOTE: This fix requires a versioning change, meaning that players' Shared Account Bank Custom tabs will be reset upon login following the release of Update 56.3. We anticipate that no further work will be required in the near future that would cause players' tabs to need to be reset, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

: I doubt you have to worry much. Especially since the bank tabs resetting issue was very, very rarely the cause of lost items, otherwise there would be many, many threads on here complaining about it.

Also, if you have soooo much stuff in your shared bank (as a lot of the people complaining about the bank update(s) do, that you can't remember what's in it)...how do you know if it's missing?

Bottom line, if you haven't used it in multiple reincarnations, you likely don't need it. I'll admit I keep some items that I doubt I'll ever use (Set items with Mythic Boosts (+2/+4)like docents, which I doubt I'll ever use for more than three lives, as well as collectables that have no current or, in some cases past, use, like lilac gemstone fragments.

They are trying to make the bank(s) better...provide constructive (solution oriented), rather than destructive (this sucks...fix it), criticism.
    I have a spreadsheet and I update it. Sometimes I use things I haven't used in years as I try out a new build. I also have a spreadsheet of which bank toon stuffs are on. Why yes...I am OCD.
    Argonnessen: Mammadrow, Southrn Comfort

Default Obviously, downtime has been extended by two hours.

Sigh.
    Characters Played:
    Sarlona - Djovik, Saleehm, Xielle, Aellindria, Solei, Nicholson, Sytherra, Erenne, Adorus, Khersona, Aeshelyn, Murdressa, Rodgerr, Aethana, Attache (mule), Chiefsteward (mule)
    Khyber - Djovik, Saleehm, Xyelle, Sytherra, Ahdorus, Khersona, Aeshelyn, Murdressa

Quick update here: some wires got crossed on the announced time window, the up time is still supposed to be our usual up time of 1pm eastern, not 11am eastern. (though it is possible that we'll come up earlier than 1, we're in the last steps now). Will update again once we're open, and this will include having Night Revels open when we come up.

Community Member

Default 1pm lol

Ninja time change... Guess your patch needs another patch for the patch that was patched....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Quick update here: some wires got crossed on the announced time window, the up time is still supposed to be our usual up time of 1pm eastern, not 11am eastern. (though it is possible that we'll come up earlier than 1, we're in the last steps now). Will update again once we're open, and this will include having Night Revels open when we come up.
    That's awesome news, in-line with what SSG has us used to. 7 hours downtime for very minor fixes and Mabar!! Thanks for having Europe in your minds for maintenance windows.

Keep the good work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast