Community Member

Default Tomb of the Tormented broken since at least U56

The zombies don't get up in Tomb of the Tormented, which means they can't be killed, and that means meat does not drop for the rats in the maze.

No amount of waiting, leaving/re-entering, or resetting the dungeon fixes the issue and no progress can be made without zombie spawns.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avatarded View Post
    The zombies don't get up in Tomb of the Tormented, which means they can't be killed, and that means meat does not drop for the rats in the maze.

No amount of waiting, leaving/re-entering, or resetting the dungeon fixes the issue and no progress can be made without zombie spawns.
    Fireball and cacophonic wand don't work on wargs below either
    Devilish, Cascabel and Heckboy on Cannith

Community Manager

Any chance you had a positive energy aura active when you ran this?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I ran this not long ago and didn't have any issue.
    Bjriand The Great Stormsinger Bard Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic / Racial Completionist working on Archetype lives...

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avatarded View Post

Just tried it on Normal, Hard and Elite and the zombies got up. You do have to go all the way across the room until you get the dialogue, "Akhom sleeps beyond this gate. To the left, a ramp rises into his chamber." Then all three get up.

Community Member

I had experienced a similar issue with the Brides of Strahd in the raid not reviving ever once they died once, I imagine the zombies and those brides have a similar recovery mechanic.
    Was there a pale master in your party with the Unholy Avatar enhancement? It's possible that the revival attempts which work off negative healing weren't functioning due to it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsmwhiteknight View Post
    Just tried it on Normal, Hard and Elite and the zombies got up. You do have to go all the way across the room until you get the dialogue, "Akhom sleeps beyond this gate. To the left, a ramp rises into his chamber." Then all three get up.
    My money is on this. I ran this recently without issue. I have in the past thought it was bugged and given up, tried again next life and had the same issue but then wandered near the gate to the mummy, got an update and the quest progressed fine.

Maybe a solution to posts like this and erroneous support tickets would be to have a task like "Investigate the gateway to the mummy" or just make the trigger area mentioned above a bit bigger.

Community Member

I had one rat become unresponsive in the second maze. It simply got stuck and stopped moving. There even was some enemy gnawing it but the rat ignored it.

I had no problems last time I ran it. As has been mentioned you need to approach the central chamber in the first room before the zombies activate. Like the OP I once ran around for a bit cursing because i just had not hit the right spot. There is a sticking point in, as I recall, the last maze. Normally you can place the meat in an spot along the chain and the rats will move, but on this one you need to place a piece in just the next hole for the rat to move again.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    If one of them falls off a cliff, it ain't their fault.